Dirk's Works

Dirk's Works (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Discussion Area (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Facebook - Am I Right? (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1619)

Sassy Devil 03-17-2019 10:17 AM

Facebook - Am I Right?

I was just told by a fan of Dirk's that she's friends with Dirk on Facebook. I checked out the profile (friends are hidden, except for mutual friends), and it looks fake, like others I've seen. I have some suspicions, as well. Does Dirk have a Facebook profile? This person is a nice lady, but she wants personal relationships with certain celebrities so bad that she readily accepts anything that fits her fantasies. I'm a little worried about her.

John Pickard 03-18-2019 07:12 AM

Re: Facebook - Am I Right?

If there is anyone on Facebook (or any other social media platform) claiming to be Dirk, they are lying.

Dirk himself has no social media accounts - I like to say that's what he has me for... ;)

If you'll email me a link to that profile, Sassy, I'll follow up. Use the "webmaster at" address here.

Thanks!

Ludlum'sDaughter14 03-18-2019 08:09 PM

I thought this was going to be a rant along the lines of "Facebook is just too much to deal with some times, am I right?" This was close enough. ;)

LittleMonkeyDog 03-18-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 (Post 28566)
I thought this was going to be a rant along the lines of "Facebook is just too much to deal with some times, am I right?" This was close enough. ;)

:))

Melli 03-19-2019 02:15 PM

I just can't picture Dirk bothering with anything social media. The irony is that there's actually a social media meme about him. :P

Vballspieler 07-09-2019 08:29 PM

Facebook. You learn interesting things there.

Just wanted to wish the happy couple congratulations on their special day. The pictures posted on Facebook looked amazing. It's nice when the family can support their loved one on a big day. Raise a glass to Roland and his lucky bride. "Congratulations on the big day!!!"

John Pickard 07-09-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vballspieler (Post 28756)
Facebook. You learn interesting things there.

Just wanted to wish the happy couple congratulations on their special day. The pictures posted on Facebook looked amazing. It's nice when the family can support their loved one on a big day. Raise a glass to Roland and his lucky bride. "Congratulations on the big day!!!"

Yes, Facebook can be a repository of some surprising information, indeed. ;)

And yes, among several other people, Dirk's son Roland got married over the holiday weekend. And it was Vballspieler who found this on The A-Team Fan Page and brought it to my attention:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Congrats to the happy couple!

Melli 07-09-2019 11:01 PM

And the next generation ties the knot. :) Congrats!

LittleMonkeyDog 07-10-2019 01:28 AM

Congrats to the happy couple !!!!

WelshPoppy30 07-10-2019 11:40 AM

Congratulations to the happy couple :)

Wim 07-11-2019 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pickard (Post 28565)
If there is anyone on Facebook (or any other social media platform) claiming to be Dirk, they are lying.

Dirk himself has no social media accounts - I like to say that's what he has me for... ;)

If you'll email me a link to that profile, Sassy, I'll follow up. Use the "webmaster at" address here.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing!
Great pictures!!!!

KeiraH83 07-11-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Devil (Post 28563)
I was just told by a fan of Dirk's that she's friends with Dirk on Facebook. I checked out the profile (friends are hidden, except for mutual friends), and it looks fake, like others I've seen. I have some suspicions, as well. Does Dirk have a Facebook profile? This person is a nice lady, but she wants personal relationships with certain celebrities so bad that she readily accepts anything that fits her fantasies. I'm a little worried about her.

Are you talking about Sarah Summers? She has multiple accounts and is really obsessed with dirk a whole lot,also Dwight. She seems harmless however just slightly too obsessed with dirk bless her.

KeiraH83 07-11-2019 05:42 PM

Oh and congrats to Roland and his wife. I saw those photos on Facebook. ��

Rachel.wright.82 07-14-2019 12:35 AM

I know Sarah Summers, we briefly started talking as fans of Dirk’s she is slightly obsessed with him and his son George

John Pickard 07-14-2019 09:26 AM

I will reiterate: Dirk has no social media accounts of his own. Anyone claiming to be the actor/author Dirk Benedict of A-Team and Battlestar Galactica fame is lying through their teeth.

Report those people as imposters to the administrators of whatever social media platform they're on.

Only social media accounts associated with Dirk Benedict Central dot com (that means accounts that I run) are "official."

-John

KeiraH83 07-14-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel.wright.82 (Post 28772)
I know Sarah Summers, we briefly started talking as fans of Dirkís she is slightly obsessed with him and his son George

Very obsessed u mean.

Rachel.wright.82 07-14-2019 04:22 PM

Have you spoke to Sarah yourself

KeiraH83 07-14-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel.wright.82 (Post 28775)
Have you spoke to Sarah yourself

Only once. She comes across as how can I put this? Maybe a vulnerable adult. Judging by her posts she is very obsessed with dirk but like I say she seems harmless,she just needs to have other interests other than dirk.

KeiraH83 07-14-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pickard (Post 28773)
I will reiterate: Dirk has no social media accounts of his own. Anyone claiming to be the actor/author Dirk Benedict of A-Team and Battlestar Galactica fame is lying through their teeth.

Report those people as imposters to the administrators of whatever social media platform they're on.

Only social media accounts associated with Dirk Benedict Central dot com (that means accounts that I run) are "official."

-John

Got it but already knew. Mr T is the only one who has social media.

John Pickard 07-15-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeiraH83 (Post 28778)
Got it but already knew. Mr T is the only one who has social media.

Correct. But you'd be surprised at how often I have to tell people Dirk doesn't "do" social media...

Rachel.wright.82 07-15-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pickard (Post 28780)
Correct. But you'd be surprised at how often I have to tell people Dirk doesn't "do" social media...

I know I asked you sorry for seeming like another person who didnít believe the person I told you about the other day is back on Instagram saying he is Dirk

Rachel.wright.82 07-15-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pickard (Post 28780)

Forgot to say about that Instagram person he talks to you for so long and then he appears to deactivate his account or block you and then after a set period if find he comes back on

I try very carefully to catch him out, itís like when I asked had any anything exciting happen lately he didnít say about Roland getting married

Sorry Iím ranting on

WelshPoppy30 07-15-2019 01:48 PM

If it seems too good to be true it most probably is in which case, don't trust it, report it. if someone has an official site like this one, only then I would assume any social media would be advertised in which others can follow and would have the same name. If not, assume that there is none.

Melli 07-15-2019 11:02 PM

I just can't imagine Dirk to use any social media platformsÖ ever. It's just not his world. Does he still have his flip phone?

On a site note: I sometimes wonder how he'd be if he was born in the 70s or 80s and grew up with all the technology we have today. Would he still not be interested in it? Is it a matter of a certain mind set, or of where you grew up? My parents on the other hand are about his age and they have sucked up every technology that came up with great curiosity, which influenced their two kids who are now die hard nerds. :p I think it's interesting how people of the same generation can develop so differently when it comes to the digital world.

Sorry for my slightly off-topic lapse, I sometimes get philosophic and come up with the weirdest questions (which usually don't have an answer). :rolleyes:

KeiraH83 07-15-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel.wright.82 (Post 28782)
Forgot to say about that Instagram person he talks to you for so long and then he appears to deactivate his account or block you and then after a set period if find he comes back on

I try very carefully to catch him out, itís like when I asked had any anything exciting happen lately he didnít say about Roland getting married

Sorry Iím ranting on

I never see these things however I am not searching for dirk on social media. I do see his ex wife Toni is on Social Media and She posts regular. She has posted lots of the wedding and after the wedding.
And dirk has a flip phone? I can't imagine you could get apps for social media on a flip phone.