Dirk's Works

Dirk's Works (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Recipes (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Triscuits. (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1373)

Flygirl 01-17-2017 01:04 PM

Triscuits.

I'm a BIG fan of Triscuits (pre-MB diet). My favorite variety is rye with caraway seeds. Looking at the ingredients - whole grain wheat, vegetable oil (soybean or canola), whole grain rye, caraway seeds, sea salt. My question is, is there anything here I shouldn't have - e.g., vegetable oil? Is there an organic triscuit equivalent?

Flygirl 01-17-2017 01:10 PM

Re: Triscuits.

I should add that I just took a look at the Triscuit flavors my husband eats (yes we have 4 boxes of Triscuits in our house), rosemary, garlic, etc... and all those seem to have a lot more chemicals added. The rye with caraway seeds is the more plain, natural one, apparently. And also my favorite in terms of taste.

ojai22 01-17-2017 06:23 PM

All that I've read about Canola oil says don't use it even if it's organic It was an oil that was used industrially, then changed a bit and sold as a vegetable oil. Most all canola is GMO.

People who are interested only in profits will sell you anything. :mad:

Flygirl 01-17-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojai22 (Post 23125)
All that I've read about Canola oil says don't use it even if it's organic It was an oil that was used industrially, then changed a bit and sold as a vegetable oil. Most all canola is GMO.

People who are interested only in profits will sell you anything. :mad:

See... I'm confused because that's how it's listed "vegetable oil (soybean or canola)". It would be nice if they just made up their minds and told me what is in them. LOL :p

ojai22 01-17-2017 06:33 PM

You might like these__

Back to Nature brand, sesame seed rice thin crackers.

There are Brown Rice Chips, which is a macrobiotic specialty.

And there are Eden's Brown Rice Crackers, which are terrific.

Flygirl 01-17-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojai22 (Post 23128)
You might like these__

Back to Nature brand, sesame seed rice thin crackers.

There are Brown Rice Chips, which is a macrobiotic specialty.

And there are Eden's Brown Rice Crackers, which are terrific.

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried Nairn's (sp?) oat crackers, which were OK but a little papery, rather than crunchy. I was looking for the crunch. I could eat Lundberg brown rice cakes all day long.

Sassy Devil 10-04-2018 03:29 PM

Pretty much all fruits and veggies are GMO. Have you seen what watermelon and bananas looked like originally? I know they're not the best thing for macrobiotics, but these are just a couple of examples. Bananas had big seeds. Some Googling should bring up pics.