Thread: Current Events
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 06:08 PM   #20
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Default Re: Current Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
I have gone back and forth on this. I have nothing against someone requesting a mail-in ballot and using it to vote when they can't get there (e.g., they are out of the country, physically impaired, etc.) But that's already allowed and is done regularly. I don't think any state prohibits that. I also question the huge Democrat impetus for changing it to a *mandatory* mail-in vote this year. So I'm asking you to sell me on this one. How do we minimize ballot harvesting and fraud, when they are finding ballots in garbage cans in Nevada?
I wonder why we couldn't vote electronically. If they can figure out a way to scan a thumb to get a code on your phone to open up a ballot electronically, why not? We do this to protect our financial information. Why not our vote?
I am in favor of mail-in voting because they did trace positive coronavirus cases to our election in WI in April and those counties with long lines for in-person voting had the highest number of positive cases. Unfortunately, I don't see anything as been perfect. Even in-person voting can have issues.... chads or fraud, etc. Sometimes you have to take the best option, even if it's not the perfect option.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote