Thread: Current Events
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 06:57 PM   #34
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Default Re: Current Events

I don't disagree with you. If Facebook wants to promote equality, then ALL voices should be heard.

As far as the public figures / statues, if they don't want them out in the city, put them in a museum. As far as Lincoln, Churchill, and Ghandi, schools should be teaching facts. Like "in the time of Churchill, public opinion thought he was a great leader / speaker. In the current era, he is not portrayed that way because...." This lets the students decide how they want to think of those people. In elementary school, I would think that simple facts and figures are most beneficial to students. It would be in high school and beyond that more information could be provided and could spark great debates in these classes.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote