Thread: Current Events
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 06:01 AM   #35
Flygirl
Erin

Default Re: Current Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
I don't disagree with you. If Facebook wants to promote equality, then ALL voices should be heard.
This morning on Facebook I read a Boston Globe article about one of the hosts of my favorite local show being forced to resign over some Tweets he recently made “against Black Lives Matter”. It’s a restaurant show, and he tweeted a joke about how restaurants are supposed to open after looters broke in their windows, among other similarly benign statements.

About 90% of the comments either agreed with his being forced out, demanded his brother (the other host) should also be forced out, or stated it wasn’t enough and we should all boycott the show.

Then one commenter suggested we no longer really have first amendment rights. — Immediately another woman replied that the woman who said that should not be a teacher, and the rest of us should contact the school she works for and have her fired.

Edit/update: Here’s the CEO of Chik-Fil-A. After his restaurants burned to ground, boycotts, threats... He literally gets down on his knees and while shining a black man’s shoes, states, “White people should not condemn the destruction of property but rather empathize with the underlying frustration...” He’s AFRAID!
Is this for real?
Is this still America?

If you’re not frightened, you’re not paying attention.

Just wait until you have independent thoughts that don’t align with the hive mind.

Last edited by Flygirl; 06-20-2020 at 06:39 AM..
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote