LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Macrobiotics > Recipes

Recipes If you have a great macrobiotic recipe you would like to share or are looking for new ideas to spice up your meal plan share them here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Flash
Master of Disaster

Location: not yet where I want to be, but hey...I'll get there!
Smile Rice salad

Okay, this isn't really a receipe, because I can't provide any quantities, but I've just written this in Fanorama and thought I'd better keep things a little in order here and put it where it should be.

So, here it goes:
Brown rice (I used a mix of rice and several grains like wheat, barley and spelt cooked together for 45 mins., because I love this rice/grain mix), mixed veggies to taste (I used sweet corn, peas and paprika, but I think broccoli or carrots for example would be just as good), Tamari and a little lemon juice. I canít provide exact quantities, because I started very carefully with the Tamari and juice (had serious doubts about the lemon before) and added more until I liked the taste. But I used less juice than Tamari, and you donít need much of it anyway.

BTW, the receipe idea is nicked from Aveline Kushi's MB Cookbook. I made the salad for a barbecue and thought nobody but me would eat it, but the people loved it!
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote