LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Fanorama

Fanorama For fan fiction, artwork, bits and bobs, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
dbukfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,014
Default Where would U go this Summer Holiday...and WHY?

Hi All

It's Summer!!..which means 'HOLIDAY'...Where would U go or would like to go and WHY?

Let's begin with this cheerful song for U :lol: :wink:...Summer Holiday (Cliff Richard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdJCtqegd8A

I'm goin to Ibiza in July..followin' in August to France :lol: :wink:...Ibiza = 1st time visit to this Island, love the Spanish people, f/t warm Sunshine, beaches blue sea & foods :wink: :lol:..Viva Espana :lol:
2.) France = beautiful landscape...vast country...French culture & Brie :shock: /foods..trip been postponed for 2 yrs!!.....Viva Le France :lol:

dbukfan...x
__________________
----Live Long & Healthy, Happy Lives----

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
xRamona
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dokkum, Holland
Posts: 253
Default

As you all know..

ITALYY!!!

Oh gosh I can't wait!!!

3 weeks from now..
__________________
If we wait until our lives are free from sorrow or difficulty, then we wait forever. And miss the entire point.
Dirk Benedict.
xRamona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:09 AM   #3
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SE Minnesota
Posts: 1,206
Blog Entries: 19
Default

If I could, I'd head back to NW Montana/NE Idaho, maybe up into Canada. And I *wouldn't* come back! :lol: Frankly, I'm just antsy to get back on the road again, no matter where I end up... :roll:
__________________
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. ~ Joseph Campbell
ostarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
dbukfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostarella
If I could, I'd head back to NW Montana/NE Idaho, maybe up into Canada. And I *wouldn't* come back! :lol: Frankly, I'm just antsy to get back on the road again, no matter where I end up... :roll:
Hi Ostarella

Ummmhhh..that..'Montana' word sounds familiar :lol: :lol: ....is there any chance U'll meet up the fellow in yr Avatar then? :lol: :lol:
__________________
----Live Long & Healthy, Happy Lives----

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
Flykie
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zoetermeer, Netherlands
Posts: 30
Default

I don't have any plans to go on holiday

Think I'm gonna make A-Team story's this summer
__________________
I Love It When A Plan Comes Together
https://www.vrds.nl/hannibalsig1.jpg
Face: Why does he always fall on the horn?
Hannibal: Beats me.
Flykie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SE Minnesota
Posts: 1,206
Blog Entries: 19
Default

Quote:
Ummmhhh..that..'Montana' word sounds familiar ....is there any chance U'll meet up the fellow in yr Avatar then?
OMG - my mountains and Dirk both? At the same time? :shock: Guess I'd die happy then, huh? :lol:
__________________
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. ~ Joseph Campbell
ostarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
NicoleDutch
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 163
Default

Vacation...can't wait. After working weeks from more than 40 hours all I wan't to think of is me and vacation :roll:

I'll go to Greece this summer. Moi, my best friend and 15 days of sun. We'll visit 2 of the more unknow islands: alonissos & skiathos. I hate mass tourism so that's what I try to avoid.
__________________
Dirk's: Be happy!
Dwight's: Niet doen!
NicoleDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #8
dbukfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flykie
I don't have any plans to go on holiday

Think I'm gonna make A-Team story's this summer
Hoi Flykie

V V sweet of U :lol: ..Tracy..I think U'd promote her to be a real 'Dirkaholic' :lol: .

If Only U're born 20 yrs earlier..U'd prob. take a script writer job off Frank Lupo (original writer in the A-Team)

Well, at least U do things...U enjoy doin'..kinda...cheap & cheerful...relaxin' holiday@home anyway...why not!!........Good Luck to U, girl!!..I admire people who's got so much inspiration :lol: :wink:...above all...U're happy. :lol: :wink:

Kus..x
__________________
----Live Long & Healthy, Happy Lives----

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:16 PM   #9
Dirk B. Fan from Holland
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 644
Default

I'm going to Germany!!!!! Horses, horses, horses :lol:
__________________
Holsteiner Horses bring you the joy of live
Dirk B. Fan from Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #10
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: My cats place ;)
Posts: 2,136
Blog Entries: 17
Default

Hi everyone!

Where would I go? hmmmmm..... :? Montana I think.
I've seen photos of Big Fork and it's so beautiful. Would write to Dirk first to see if I can drop over and say Hello. It's rude if you don't ask first.

Next year I'm going to Europe to celebrate my 50th birthday. :shock: Can't believe it. That's what I'm doing next summer. My birthday is in July.

Take care,
Anne
__________________
"My cats aren't the pets, I'm their pet"
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:22 PM   #11
Tracy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara758
Hi everyone!

Where would I go? hmmmmm..... :? Montana I think.
I've seen photos of Big Fork and it's so beautiful. Would write to Dirk first to see if I can drop over and say Hello. It's rude if you don't ask first.

Next year I'm going to Europe to celebrate my 50th birthday. :shock: Can't believe it. That's what I'm doing next summer. My birthday is in July.

Take care,
Anne
Anne dear...

Let me save you the time ( and the postage stamp )...

I'm pretty sure that celebrities don't do that sort of thing.
I think that's why their homes have security systems, guard dogs, bodyguards etc..
Oh...and they NEVER tell fans where they live.
Must be a reason :? :P

I mean, home is private, sacred turf and all of that.
You know?

Anne..I know your intentions are sincere, but it just won't happen. For you or anyone.
That's the life a celebrity lives.
Just a fact of public life.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #12
seedview
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 58
Default Summer Vacations

Hello everyone

First off, Tracy, you mean that Dirk has some fans? Just joking. I know of no one who would open their homes up 24 hours/ day for people to stomp their way through, regardless what the family was doing. By the way, up for a visit? Kidding.

For me, the summer will be spent at home. Can't stand the loud, rude people that are shoveling food into their mouths with lightning speed, just to push their way to their next destination. For me, I'll wait until late September/October, when the hills around this area are getting color on them and the kids are back in school. I love to go to Letchworth State Park, which is about an hour and a half drive from here, between Buffalo and Rochester, N.Y. I love to go there during the week when very few people are around, so I can walk, take pictures, and just sit and contemplate all by myself. The gorge contains three waterfalls and a small dam at one end. It is so beautiful and relaxing.
seedview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:59 PM   #13
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SE Minnesota
Posts: 1,206
Blog Entries: 19
Default

seedview, I agree about the crowds. When I drove to Vancouver, I took the main interstate, and had to stop at a lot of the travel plazas for gas, etc - total yuck. Nothing but tourists in a hurry to get where they were going, not stopping to enjoy the trip itself. On the way back, I took the "scenic route", two lane highways, little Mom and Pop gas stations, "greasy spoons" - it was great. I could actually sit and chat with the people as I ate a leisurely breakfast, trade weather stories while pumping gas - and stop along the road for pictures when I wanted to, not just at designated "scenic outlooks".
__________________
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. ~ Joseph Campbell
ostarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:57 AM   #14
dbukfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleDutch
Vacation...can't wait. After working weeks from more than 40 hours all I wan't to think of is me and vacation :roll:

I'll go to Greece this summer. Moi, my best friend and 15 days of sun. We'll visit 2 of the more unknow islands: alonissos & skiathos. I hate mass tourism so that's what I try to avoid.
Hoi Nicole

40 hrs/wk..that's far TOO much for U & everybody, I think...and YES!!..U deserve a long break....me too been to Skiathos..beautiful island...v safe too!!..if U like snorkellin'...that's the Great place to do..also divin'...all lovely fishes in the Aegean're so so friendly like the Greeks!!...I go feedin them fr left-over breakfast bread daily..they're 100's+ surroundin' U...the last day..people we met @ the beach...just teasin' me...'Who's gonna feed the fish then? :lol: :lol: '
Also be careful with the HEAT wave...can get upto 40c in Jul-Aug....U'll have to HOP on the sand...& bury few eggs in it for frew hrs....so U'll have cook-eggs for yr snack then...really :lol: :wink:
Have a good Holiday!!
__________________
----Live Long & Healthy, Happy Lives----

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:59 AM   #15
dbukfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRamona
As you all know..

ITALYY!!!

Oh gosh I can't wait!!!

3 weeks from now..
Hoi Ramona

I know U're pretty girl..but U'd better not :wink: :wink: to all Italain boys too much..Yr M&D'll get cross with U...girl!!
Have a good Holiday!!

Kus...
__________________
----Live Long & Healthy, Happy Lives----

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:03 AM   #16
dbukfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk B. Fan from Holland
I'm going to Germany!!!!! Horses, horses, horses :lol:
Hoi Adriana

Have a FAV time with yr yeeha :lol: :lol: :lol: ..funny U're a Rooster :wink: :lol: :lol:

V Leifs...x
__________________
----Live Long & Healthy, Happy Lives----

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:11 AM   #17
dbukfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyB144
Anne dear...

Let me save you the time ( and the postage stamp )...

I'm pretty sure that celebrities don't do that sort of thing.
I think that's why their homes have security systems, guard dogs, bodyguards etc..
Oh...and they NEVER tell fans where they live.
Must be a reason :? :P

I mean, home is private, sacred turf and all of that.
You know?

Anne..I know your intentions are sincere, but it just won't happen. For you or anyone.
That's the life a celebrity lives.
Just a fact of public life.
Tracy

Oh!!.no.no..PLS..rename my title, pls!!.... :shock: :shock: 'Dirkaholic'.OMG :shock:

That's the REAL drawback of bein Celebs......The Privacy :shock: ....at least, Anne..U'll still get chances to meet him nt conventions or possible Med. Cruise!! :wink: :lol:..not just on the telly!! :wink:
__________________
----Live Long & Healthy, Happy Lives----

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:48 AM   #18
Arciris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain)
Posts: 712
Default

Hi to all!!
Ohh, I want to go to holidays to many sites!!! Ha ha ha..
I'd like go again to Colorado, Wyoming, Montana..Yellowstone I remember like a dream ! I don't believe, still, that I was there and of this does 6 and 7 years ago. Indredibles landcapes. My sister was working in Colorado and it was an unic opportunity.
Then..I'd would like to go to Grecce, in special Greek Islands (Nicole, that luck!). Perhaps the next year.
And too to Ireland, UK, Germany, Holland, Switzerland..etc..etc..hahaha. I'd need 12 months of holidays for this, haha.
Kisses.
Arciris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:53 AM   #19
dbukfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciris
Hi to all!!
Ohh, I want to go to holidays to many sites!!! Ha ha ha..
I'd like go again to Colorado, Wyoming, Montana..Yellowstone I remember like a dream ! I don't believe, still, that I was there and of this does 6 and 7 years ago. Indredibles landcapes. My sister was working in Colorado and it was an unic opportunity.
Then..I'd would like to go to Grecce, in special Greek Islands (Nicole, that luck!). Perhaps the next year.
And too to Ireland, UK, Germany, Holland, Switzerland..etc..etc..hahaha. I'd need 12 months of holidays for this, haha.
Kisses.
Hola Esther

I think U'll have to take at least 3 Years :lol: :wink: off work and need to rob 8) Espana's Biggest bank to cover all of yr Dreams' Holiday, girl..haha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW...Colorado.....Montana!!..sounds familiar..all the girls (inc. me ). :lol: dream place to visit. ..espec. if V can be so Lucky to bump into hunky DB, of course in his Cowboy gear!! :wink: ..that'll be Perfect :wink: :wink: ...and def. Esther..the Cowgirl..yeeha on the ranch!!..eh!! :lol: :lol: sounds pretty cool to me..Can I come with U, pls? :lol: :wink:
Happy Holiday..wherever U go.

A Presto
Adios
Kisses...x
__________________
----Live Long & Healthy, Happy Lives----

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:30 AM   #20
dbukfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,014
Default Re: Summer Vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedview
Hello everyone

First off, Tracy, you mean that Dirk has some fans? Just joking. I know of no one who would open their homes up 24 hours/ day for people to stomp their way through, regardless what the family was doing. By the way, up for a visit? Kidding.

For me, the summer will be spent at home. Can't stand the loud, rude people that are shoveling food into their mouths with lightning speed, just to push their way to their next destination. For me, I'll wait until late September/October, when the hills around this area are getting color on them and the kids are back in school. I love to go to Letchworth State Park, which is about an hour and a half drive from here, between Buffalo and Rochester, N.Y. I love to go there during the week when very few people are around, so I can walk, take pictures, and just sit and contemplate all by myself. The gorge contains three waterfalls and a small dam at one end. It is so beautiful and relaxing.
Howdy Karen

When I know how to Clone myself :lol: :wink: few more of me(s)..I'll be comin' with U, girl...ummhhh..Three Waterfalls..sound pretty wonderful place to visit indeed :lol: :lol:

Hugs & Kisses..x
__________________
----Live Long & Healthy, Happy Lives----

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #21
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: My cats place ;)
Posts: 2,136
Blog Entries: 17
Default

Hi everyone!

I was only kidding when I wrote I would write to Dirk to ask if I could visit him IF I went to Montana. I respect a person's privacy. I highly respect Dirk as a person and respect his privacy as well. Also, what harm is there in asking, IF I were to ask. The only answers are either a Yes or a No. What if Dirk would actually say Yes.Ya never know. :wink: :lol:

To me a person is a person. Whether they are a writer, musician, actor, etc. We are all human, when it really comes down to do it. No matter what we do in our lives.

No, I am not planning on going to Montana. I've written to Dirk and have invited him to visit me, if he wishes to do so. That's a tradition in my family. I'm of German background. We invite people into our homes regardless of their occupation. Now, if Dirk were to write to me and ask me to come for a visit. That'd be different.

Take care,
Anne
__________________
"My cats aren't the pets, I'm their pet"
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #22
NicoleDutch
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbukfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleDutch
Vacation...can't wait. After working weeks from more than 40 hours all I wan't to think of is me and vacation :roll:

I'll go to Greece this summer. Moi, my best friend and 15 days of sun. We'll visit 2 of the more unknow islands: alonissos & skiathos. I hate mass tourism so that's what I try to avoid.
Hoi Nicole

40 hrs/wk..that's far TOO much for U & everybody, I think...and YES!!..U deserve a long break....me too been to Skiathos..beautiful island...v safe too!!..if U like snorkellin'...that's the Great place to do..also divin'...all lovely fishes in the Aegean're so so friendly like the Greeks!!...I go feedin them fr left-over breakfast bread daily..they're 100's+ surroundin' U...the last day..people we met @ the beach...just teasin' me...'Who's gonna feed the fish then? :lol: :lol: '
Also be careful with the HEAT wave...can get upto 40c in Jul-Aug....U'll have to HOP on the sand...& bury few eggs in it for frew hrs....so U'll have cook-eggs for yr snack then...really :lol: :wink:
Have a good Holiday!!
Thanks! I think I'll make 50 working hours this week, lol.
Anyways, really looking forward to Skiathos and Alonissos ofcourse. IT IS extremely hot there now but I'm pretty sure the temp will drop...if not we'll just BBQ our fish outside on the beach!
__________________
Dirk's: Be happy!
Dwight's: Niet doen!
NicoleDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #23
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: My cats place ;)
Posts: 2,136
Blog Entries: 17
Default

Hi everyone!

Not exactly sure what I am going be doing this summer. I may be going down to P.E.I. for a week in August.. That's Prince Edward Island a province here in Canada. It's so beautiful down there. The beaches have this lovely red sand. Also, I'll be probably eating quahogs which are really big oysters(cooked) and of course lobster and blue potatoes. The potatoes have kind of a blue tinge inside, hence the name. I know this isn't macrobiotic. Put you can't go to P.E.I without eating those foods. I'm really saving up to go to Europe next year to celebrate my 50th birthday. :shock: Still can't believe it.
I hope everyone has a lovely summer and really enjoy their time and where they are going.

Take care,
Anne
__________________
"My cats aren't the pets, I'm their pet"
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:45 AM   #24
dbukfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara758
Hi everyone!
Not exactly sure what I am going be doing this summer. I may be going down to P.E.I. for a week in August.. That's Prince Edward Island a province here in Canada. It's so beautiful down there. The beaches have this lovely red sand. Also, I'll be probably eating quahogs which are really big oysters(cooked) and of course lobster and blue potatoes. The potatoes have kind of a blue tinge inside, hence the name. I know this isn't macrobiotic. Put you can't go to P.E.I without eating those foods. I'm really saving up to go to Europe next year to celebrate my 50th birthday. :shock: Still can't believe it.
I hope everyone has a lovely summer and really enjoy their time and where they are going.
Take care,
Anne
Hallo Anne

Ummmhh..Oyster :shock: ...Lobster..Yes!!.. pls.. :lol: :lol: ..girl...don't worry off MB for once in a while for Lobster!!..C'mon..sure DB won't mind that!!
Sound delicious trip indeed....USA, Australia, Canada...also on the lists of places I'd love to visit before I drop..haha!! :lol: :lol: ...not ready yet....my littly's too young for long-haul..mind U!!...V did take her to tour in the Far-East on the back-sling :wink: when she's not even 2 yrs!!..but children're v adaptable much more than us :roll: !!..just snzz off then she's fine nt day!!
U too have a wondeful Summer holiday..I think V all deserve it!!...Be Happy :lol: :lol:

Alles Gute...x
__________________
----Live Long & Healthy, Happy Lives----

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:06 AM   #25
sara
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,027
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Ciao a tutti!!!
Well.. this year I'll spend some days at the seaside.. just quite near home! :wink:
and then n Sept (after 2 other exams at Uni :shock: :x ) I'm going to Vienna.......oh sooo cool.... I can't wait!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I adore Austria.. and with my boyfr.. it will be so romantic!! :wink:

Ramona.. the countdown to Italy is going.....!!!!! :P :P :P :P

Su.. Spain.. France.. you could make a few kilometers to Italy then!!! :roll:
__________________

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

"Life: my favorite occupation." --- Dirk Benedict
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Contact Us - Dirk Benedict Central - Archive - Top
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:18 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

©2007-2020 DirkBenedictCentral.com
Webmaster- John Pickard