LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Cruises and Conventions

Cruises and Conventions Here we can discuss Dirk and his appearances on little boats and large show rooms!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
Miss Templeton Peck

Default Hello everybody

Hello boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen

Im new to this forum and I would like to say hello to all of you. I think its okay to start a new Thread.

the main reason why Im posting this is of course to say hello to all of you lovely people. But the other reason is that I want to open a new thread where the latest news about upcoming events with dirk can be posted and discussed.

My wish for 2012 is to meet Dirk live, in reality. I heard there will be some events but eactly dates are not mentioned so far.

by the way I come from germany but I would travel around the globe to meet him. I hope therell be a show in USA because I have never been there and it would be a great experience

Additionally I really hope to make friends here and so we can meet at one of the next "Dirk events" and have a great time together.

Its always good when people meet who love the same

Thanks to the administration people who accepted and opened my account that fast. And I will do my very best to complete my profile as soon as possible

Ill be very glad to see your responses to this thread. I hope we can very soon find the first confirmed dates about an event with Dirk!

See you soon :*
LOVES AND KISSES
Miss Templeton Peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
Zilfstar

Default Re: Hello everybody

HI!

Welcome to the DB Central! If there will be conventions where Dirk will attent I am sure there will be a new sticky with all the dates and details.

Personally I hope there will be another FACTS in Gent Belgium this year and hopefully Dirk will attent. If Emily could get there from Venezuela you will be able to get there from Germany (I am from the Netherlands by the way....)

I have met Dirk 6 times (twice on the FACTS 2011) and he really is a great guy to talk to. So I hope you will see your wish come true of meeting him

As for your wish to meet more friends: here is one!

Greetings! Zilfstar aka Wanda

Our family "themes":

1: It's a party every day (you never know when it might end)
2: We are never in a hurry (if you keep running you might miss the important stuff)
3: All is Yin and Yang, but don't forget to chew. (DB signing first book)
4: Sharing the Sorrow, Spreading the Joy (DB signing second book )
Zilfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
Miss Templeton Peck

hi thanks for your reply, wanda! Gent would be great, thats not too far away from our home countries
I read about Emily and her trip from Venezuela. Its fantastic what she did.
Im really looking forward to meeting you!
Hugs
Old 01-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Flash
Master of Disaster

Location: not yet where I want to be, but hey...I'll get there!

Hi and welcome to DBC

Visiting a con while on holiday in the US is a fab idea, I did the same (though not to meet Dirk )years ago and enjoyed it so much. However, you should have come to FedCon in Duesseldorf last year, it was a fantastic weekend and Dirk was there, too. In any case, I am sure, you will get your chance to meet him, even in Europe. He has done so many cons in England in the past years and even one in Italy last year. Just check DBC regularly and you will not miss the dates

BTW, I am from Germany, too, and there are (or used to be) more of us around here

enjoy my photos: https://home.arcor.de/mossycat1/photographic_stroll.html

Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
Lucia Helena

Hello Miss Templeton Peck, is welcome to this wonderful place. Get a hug from his new Brazilian friend!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Miss Templeton Peck

Many thanks and a huge hug to all of you! I am glad to be here and you all are so sweet and you all give such a warm welcome to me.
I am so happy to be here and I really cant wait to meet as many of you as possible in reality.
Kisses and thank you for being so warm-hearted.

I always felt quite...hmmm... let me say, LONELY, cause I didnt know anybody to share my Dirk "passion" with. But it feels so good to have you around me now.

Lots of love
Old 01-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
Zilfstar

Oh Yeah... I know what you mean... My husband always was a bit funny about my "passion" for Dirk. He thought DB was an arrogant man, a flirt, a real "superstar-in-his-own-mind". So when we met Dirk the first time 7 years ago, my husband was really flabbergasted by the fact that Dirk was so nice, kind, and even a bit shy (I had his first book with me to get it signed. Dirk had not expected that I guess. So he was a bit 'off' at first. Surprised I guess)

My husband now "gets it". For me it is not about being crazy about him, or like I was when I was 12: puppylove... (with Starbuck for the most part). It is about recognizing something in him, having a kind of respect for him that you get for surten people in your life. I talked to him 6 times now and everytime it is just so nice, with a surten calm-ness. He is so different from his roles. And that is the part most people don't get. They keep seeing Face or Starbuck. Ans keep on approaching him like he IS Face or Starbuck. They forget it is Dirk you're talking to...

Our family "themes":

2: We are never in a hurry (if you keep running you might miss the important stuff)
Old 01-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
Miss Templeton Peck

Yeah I know...with me it was the same...puppy love. I fell in love with faceman what a heartbreaker

Zilfstar, Im happy you could convince your husband to meet Dirk and see how he really is. I dont think I can convince anyone of my friends or family to come with me and meet Dirk. They really dont understand what a fantastic man he is.

Are there words to describe him? Fascinating, nice with some kind of wise shyness, a gentleman, charming, enchanting...
We need more men with his qualities.

Reading his books is great, isnt it? Ive read both of them twice. Starting with "confession of a kamikaze cowboy" for the third time tonight Am I crazy?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:26 AM   #9
Zilfstar

All I can say is: If you are going to meet him: bring the books! Deffinately a good opening for him to talk about something ELSE then just Face....

Can't place a bet with any of your friends (starting to sound like Starbuck, I know...) Like

"How do you think Dirk Benedict is in real life?"
"Arrogant, Ladysman, etc"
"I bet you you are wrong... come with me and see for yourself?"

And otherwise if it is due-able we will meet and I will share the experience with you, hahaha.

Our family "themes":

Old 01-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #10
Miss Templeton Peck

you met Dirk 6 times, as there is this so called "lucky number 7" you should definetely go once again!

by the way have you or anyone else in this forum ever been to a comic convention? Dirk used to be a guest on many comic cons in the past and all I know is that it seems to be an awesome event
Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #11
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

I've been to several - they ranged from fun to boring, depending on sponsors and size, but always with the saving grace of having Dirk there
Old 01-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
Zilfstar

Well I met Dirk the first two times on the Dutch Star Con. There were a lot of actors present both times and also artists and a bunch of merchandisers of everything that is Scifi, movie-based and more. ( I just went for Dirk and Dwight...) DSC is not being held anymore, at least not for the last 4 years...

Then the third time I met him on the FACTS in Gent I told you about earlier in this topic. That was in oct 2010. FACTS is a con about comics/ anime and movies and there are a lot of fans crazy enough to dress up as their favorit anime, comic, game or movie character. They even have a cosplay-contest.

On that FACTS (2010) I talkes to Dirk about his play in London, Prescription Murder as Columbo. I had been unable to attent and I still had this wish of seeing him perform on stage. After having seen my disappointment that the play would continue but without him, he (knowing I have two kids) invited me to come and see his panto: Dick Wittington. A real kids adventure with stand-up commedy, dance, singing etc. It is something typical English.

Soooo we went. It took some doing and preparing, but we had a wonderful time in London. Being me I always try to get some impossible things done. So I had emailed the plays manager... Did not get any return (it did came, but then WE already were in London) So at the beginning of the show Somebody came to tell us that the impossible had been made possible by Dirk... We had a backstage encounter with him and my son got his chance of standing on stage in the spotlights So that was number 4.

Number 5 and 6 were both in Gent oct 2011. First just I guess a talk of about 15 minutes (most people went to "Draco Mallfoid" of the Potter movies) and later on even longer I suppose when he signed the huge FACTS poster for me (I was the winner of an EBAY-auction for Unicef)

So I hope there will be a nr 7 (allthough Dirk said it probably was the last time to see him...)

Trying to get a photo here, but it does not seem to work....

Our family "themes":

Old 01-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
Zilfstar

Ah... I got it now...

Here is Dirk putting his autograph and a little personal text on the poster.
The smiling character on the right is me
The little blond blurry one is my (then) 6 year old daughter

Our family "themes":

Old 01-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #14
Miss Templeton Peck

wow Zilfstar, how great You can be so lucky. Its unbelievable what he made possible for you! I can hardly imagine any other actor doing that for the fans. But maybe its because you got it to see this "more" in him. I think Dirk always feels when someone is an autograph hunter only or when there is more behind.

I hope it was NOT the last time one could meet Dirk! That would be horrible. Honestly, if anything like "Dirk has retired and wont meet fans anymore" would be announced then I would not know what to do. Maybe I would travel immediately to Montana and cry until hell come out of his house haha *kidding*

I love it when people make impossible things possible. I think we should always try to make the impossible possible. As you did, Zilfstar. It was worth it

How are these cons organized? Do they sell tickets there at the day when the event takes place? Or do we have to buy tickets in advance? Im asking this question cause it would be much easier for me to buy the ticket then there at the location and not in advance due to my job responsibilities.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #15
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Templeton Peck View Post
How are these cons organized? Do they sell tickets there at the day when the event takes place? Or do we have to buy tickets in advance? Im asking this question cause it would be much easier for me to buy the ticket then there at the location and not in advance due to my job responsibilities.

Most offer both - typically you get a discount or extras if you buy in advance. Over here they also sell by the day - you can get tickets for just one day or all of the days the con is running. Most I've seen also have a deal going with a hotel (either where the con is being held or where they house the celebs) so attendees can get a discount.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #16
Zilfstar

FACTS offers tickets that are valueable (do I spell that correctly ) for one day. You can buy them through internet. However the tickets do NOT have a date on them. So you can buy it and then later make up your mind to go saturday or sunday, depending on the events that take place. That schedule is sometimes due to chances a lot. So that is why they do it that way. At least till this year they did.

And yeah... we always try to make the impossible possible. I have always been like that. And I guess that is all in the flow of the day with a physically disabled child. Or as we say it: A child with some extra challenges He is not very disabled, he has a class 1 Cerebral Palsy and he can walk etc on his own. And has a normal intelligence and all. Yet life can be a struggle for him with his ADHD and his very high sence of emotions, etc. So I already had a talent for it, but I have become a star in making seemingly impossible things possible

And Dirk IS a very nice person. I think we share the same parenthood-ness: Standing by your kid now matter what and supporting them in what ever they want to do. Or decide NOT to want or to do!

Our family "themes":

Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
Miss Templeton Peck

thanks ostarella, thanks zilfstar
its great to talk to you because you got these great experiences and you exactly know what you are talking about. The more I read about your experiences meeting Dirk the more I can imagine how it could be.
yes zilfstar, he seems to feel that you have a lot in common. the same way of loving children or the same way of parenthood. its always these kind of things that make people feel they have something in common.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #18
Emily

Welcome to this incredibly NICE site Miss Templeton Peck . Its full of warm, caring people from around the world !! Im SO happy you decide to join us I know I should be here earlier, forgive me for that Its just Im working on a special research paper for the University (Have I ever told you Im an university professor in my country? Man ! So many things I still have to share with all of you!), anyway, my point is Im very busy at the moment, being the main reason that I have to work very hard If I want to visit Dirk again this year ! Which of course I very much intend to do

Now . Back to the topic In regarding tips to meet lovely Dirk . Follow the advices the girls are giving you ! Those are wise girls ! In fact I did too. After I handled the picture I gave him with his sonny and the one He signed to me, I gave him his two books to be autographed and He couldnt believe I had gotten those in my country! Remember this is not USA or Europe He took them very carefully and holding And Then We Went Fishing He whispered: My Father Oh my Father! I said: What happened Dirk? You say it as you dont like that book when in fact its my favorite! He said: Oh no no no I love it too, Think is one of the best things I have done in my life And just as Zilfstar, very accurate said, we were able to start a complete new conversation

Oh Wanda !!! I hope with all my heart last year is not the last opportunity we had to meet him!! I feel like my heart bleed when I read that ! Also I didnt know Columbo was going on without him!!! Thats first new for me! Now why was that when his performance got fabulous critics on every possible publication? Did He tell you? I cant understand

Dear Sara . Dont listen to anybody trying to discourage you on your intention of meeting Dirk, as I said on another post HE IS a sweet person, sometimes shy, most of the times a real hard joker but all the time a Gentleman, please dont pay any attention to those awful blogs in English, Italian and even German saying nasty, dirty things about him, believe me you wont regret it! On the contrary its an experience you will treasure for the rest of your live I promise you that !

And besides the pleasure of meeting him youll have the opportunity of making adorable friends from around the world ! One of the most exciting moments for me was without doubt to meet Zilfstar . On Saturday, (Zilfstar wasnt there yet) in the Q&A He told the entire story of my crusade to get there . He had memorized every detail . I had this BIG tie in my throat and my eyes full of tears for the emotion, it tells you that He really cares for every single fan to comes to know him After that, many of his fans came to me because they wanted to know if what he had said was true . And guess what? Next week I was touring with some of them nowhere else than Paris !!!!! Im telling you It can be the experience of a lifetime .

In the Q&A on Sunday He again said that She (I) had won the prize for coming the longest distance to FACTS and thats how Zilfstar recognized me, look for me and we had this big hug as we were friends our entire life I was standing behind her when Dirk signed his beautiful poster I was SO happy for her And she also has this blessed family

Well Im sorry my friends I have to come back to work But Ill give you my word when I have a little time Ill be back to tell you more For now Im going to close this post with a Sting quote that I happen to be listening to at this very moment Im writing this

I still see his Face
As beautiful as a day
Its easy to remember
Remember my love that way

Love to you all and especially to my beloved Dirk Benedict

Em

Last edited by Emily; 01-08-2012 at 01:38 PM..
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #19
Miss Templeton Peck

Dear Emily, I have no words to describe how wonderfully written your report is. Wow. Im out of words. Yes. Thats what I am right now. I really am most impressed. I gave never ever read something that is so full of emotion. It really made me cry a little. But tears of happyness.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. But I mean not only Emily though she wrote almost a whole novel, no, I mean everyone of you. I so much wish to meet Dirk one day. And you all share your experiences with me. It almost feels as if I had been there with you.
Thanks a lot. Lots of love, hugs, kisses
Old 01-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #20
Miss Templeton Peck

and question of the day: Can anybody of you see already the guest list of FACTS GENT 2012? I somehow cant open that page. Well, I am able to open the official web page. But then after choosing "guests" only some general information appear. Maybe its the same with you but maybe also a problem of my pc...
just imagine I would miss the day they announce dirk coming to gent once again. :O
Old 01-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #21
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Templeton Peck View Post
and question of the day: Can anybody of you see already the guest list of FACTS GENT 2012? I somehow cant open that page. Well, I am able to open the official web page. But then after choosing "guests" only some general information appear. Maybe its the same with you but maybe also a problem of my pc...
just imagine I would miss the day they announce dirk coming to gent once again. :O
Don't worry about that. Just keep an eye on this site - we post all of Dirk's scheduled appearances.

In fact...

I am
Dawg

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #22
Zilfstar

Don't worry about the FACTS Website! They start with updates on the 2012 I guess september. So just wait untill summertime. Then they will start to know who will be there.

Ofcourse you can always email them with the suggestion of asking Dirk again (and again and again...)

Our family "themes":

Tags
2012 , dirk benedict , events