LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
ojai22

Default Hello, my name is....

Ojai22. That's pronounced OH-HI.

The rules said to say Hello - I couldn't find a place so I made one. I use to post here, years ago. About food in general, not MB. I hope that thread has been deleted as it only took up space that could have been used more wisely had I known more about MB.

When I returned I tried to register and found I was just on hiatus. Thanks, Dawg. You are indeed a wise guru. The sig box has appeared and I've left a few posts. Thanks for all your help. The biggest surprise was seeing my avatar! I thought that was gone forever. Thanks, you Sweet Person!

Tomorrow I'm going to the Farmer's Market. Looking for cabbages, though it may be a bit early for them. And Butternut squash.

Enough rambling....

Last edited by ojai22; 10-18-2013 at 12:17 AM..
ojai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Default Re: Hello, my name is....

Cabbages are in - at least, around here. They're so much better when they're farm-fresh!

And welcome home. You were missed.

I am
Dawg

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
ojai22

So was it a Plan?

Last year I slipped on a wet spot, my foot went out from under me and I landed on my kneecap fracturing it into 3 parts. *The only pain I have ever felt with the break was at the time it happened and when the paramedics lifted my leg to place it in a mobilizer. *After surgery the nurses asked if I wanted something for the pain. *I had no pain. *I couldn't even feel the incision. *it was like nothing had happened to my knee.

After 5 days I went to rehab at a skilled nursing home. *Because I live alone I had to stay an extra month. *I did therapy and walked continually but still no pain. *When the mobilizer was removed my knee was bent cautiously by a therapist. *It went back to 75 degrees which surprised him. The next day it went to 90 and all the therapists in the gym gathered to see it. *One said I've seen grown men cry trying to get their knee to that place within a 2 week period. *I told them the only difference between me and the other patients was that I eat only organic food and drink spring water. *They knew that as they had to help me get it - the food they served was not organic. *I was doing fine so came home and kept exercising. *Strangely, I couldn't seem to get my balance back. *Months passed and I still needed something to keep me steady when I went out alone, *My knee was healed so I should have been okay.

What was really strange was how my life seemed to change. *It was like my life as I knew it and lived it was over. *Soon after I got to rehab my therapist was pushing me around the block in a wheelchair and I actually said that out loud. *It seems my life has ended, but here I am, still here. *That thought stayed in the back of my mind always. Then one day I realized when I tried to think about my life it was as though I was looking at something that had ended, it was over. I had trouble focussing on details. *The thought of my daughter's death didn't bring great heaving sobs that could go on for months. *It was almost like it had happened to someone else. *I was in limbo, but functioning, without any balance.

A few weeks ago I came across a link that was an interview with Himself. *At one point he said to them - read You Are All Sanpaku. *So I got my book out and started to read. *Went to WholeFoods Market and bought a 25 lb bag of brown rice immediately. *Pushed it home on a walker. *I started eating it before I actually started counting the 10 days. *That's when it dawned on me that the balance I was trying to achieve wasn't just physical. *All that I've been through for the past 1 and 1/2 years was to bring balance into my life. *So my old life that was going nowhere did close when I felt the only pain I had with the fall.

It's been about 10 days since the 10-day fast. *Did laundry yesterday. *I usually put it off as long as possible but when I thought of it I immediately got a load started, followed by another, folded and put it away. *Looked around and it was done and I wasn't even tired. As I was walking to the laundry room I noticed that I was walking better. *More balanced than I've done in well over a year. *Now I see that the more balanced I become in mind and body, the more balance I will have as I walk.

I don't know why I started writing and posting so much here. *It just seemed that it wanted to be written.

Dawg, When you said Welcome Home I think it was appropriate on more than one level. *Thanks, Wise Guru.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Always a pleasure, m'dear.

I am
Dawg

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
Ro83

Hi, Ojai22. Luckily, that "Wellness" thread you created is still here, because it's really useful. I'm learning a lot from your old and new posts, so thanks.

It sure can be hard to find balance, because life is the way it is and we go through so much stuff. But if a new lifestyle is a way to get there, it's more than welcome.

Welcome back and, please, keep writing as much as you want.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
ojai22

Thanks, RO, I appreciate your kind words. Still seeking balance, and I think I have a lot more to say....

-------------------------------

Quite awhile later....

Oh my, oh my! I did a search for that thread and looked through it. There's a lot of info there but it's not all MB. Some of the foods are a no-no but could be eaten if you are well-balanced in your health. Also, I noticed they are so fragmented - this food has this nutrient and will help this disease. I see my thinking back then. Also, I'm planning to write something about that as soon as I gather a bit more info. I want to say it clearly.

Do hope bibbi is close by - I've learned something about chocolate that she won't like but every chocolate lover needs to know.....sorry, Sweetie.

Last edited by ojai22; 10-26-2013 at 11:30 PM..
ojai22 is offline   Reply With Quote