LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Celebrity Big Brother 5

Celebrity Big Brother 5 Well...he went and did it. In 2007 Dirk stepped into the Big Brother house for CBB 5 in the UK. 25 days. All Dirk, all the time. Here are the discussions about Dirk in the house with the other celebs. Bloggers welcome.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
BuddyBoy68

Default Get Him In There!!!...

I know that Dirk has already done the reality TV thing in the UK with Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 4, but I can't help thinking he would have done so much better on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! on ITV. Have a look at the website here: https://celebrity.itv.com

The latest show had some huge stars, including George Takei from Star Trek and world champion tennis player Martina Navratilova, so I think Dirk would fit in very well.

OK, there are some nasty trials he would have to do, but he has been a man of action in his career and he would get 3 weeks in Australia for free! It could make him a high profile star all over again and it think it would certainly give him what he was maybe hoping to get out of Celebrity Big Brother.

What do you guys think and do we think he would be up for it?

Dirk, contact your agent now and get on that show next year!

Last edited by BuddyBoy68; 12-07-2008 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: Just tidying up the links etc...
BuddyBoy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
Tracy

Default Re: Get Him In There!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBoy68 View Post
I know that Dirk has already done the reality TV thing in the UK with Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 4, but I can't help thinking he would have done so much better on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! on ITV. Have a look at the website here: https://celebrity.itv.com

The latest show had some huge stars, including George Takei from Star Trek and world champion tennis player Martina Navratilova, so I think Dirk would fit in very well.

OK, there are some nasty trials he would have to do, but he has been a man of action in his career and he would get 3 weeks in Australia for free! It could make him a high profile star all over again and it think it would certainly give him what he was maybe hoping to get out of Celebrity Big Brother.

What do you guys think and do we think he would be up for it?

Dirk, contact your agent now and get on that show next year!
Well I'm not too sure if Dirk would want to be a "high profile" star "all over again" since he's been down that road, but in last weeks chat session we were talking about Dirk and reality TV shows, and the consensus was that if he ever did do another reality show, we'd all like to see him on "Dancing With the Stars" ( or "Strictly Come Dancing" in the UK I think it's called?? ).

Dirk has a third book to write ( hint hint ) so I'd like to see him get on that first

Welcome to the boards
Tracy
Old 12-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
BuddyBoy68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Well I'm not too sure if Dirk would want to be a "high profile" star "all over again" since he's been down that road, but in last weeks chat session we were talking about Dirk and reality TV shows, and the consensus was that if he ever did do another reality show, we'd all like to see him on "Dancing With the Stars" ( or "Strictly Come Dancing" in the UK I think it's called?? ).

Dirk has a third book to write ( hint hint ) so I'd like to see him get on that first

Welcome to the boards
Tracy
Hi Tracy!

Thanks for your reply.

I personally prefer "I'm A Celeb..." and I think it is generally more popular. Is Dirk a good dancer then?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBoy68 View Post
Hi Tracy!

Thanks for your reply.

I personally prefer "I'm A Celeb..." and I think it is generally more popular. Is Dirk a good dancer then?
Did you see Celeb Big Brother? He did alot of dancing on that show.
He's certainly got a sort of free spirited dance style, and I think he'd be really entertaining to watch on "Dancing.."
Would be a challenge too, having to learn all the different styles.

I've heard of "I'm A Celeb..." but I have never seen it. What's the premise and what do they make them do?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
BuddyBoy68

Quote:
Did you see Celeb Big Brother? He did alot of dancing on that show.
He's certainly got a sort of free spirited dance style, and I think he'd be really entertaining to watch on "Dancing.."
Would be a challenge too, having to learn all the different styles.

I've heard of "I'm A Celeb..." but I have never seen it. What's the premise and what do they make them do?
Come to think of it. I do remember him doing some dancing on Big Brother...

Have a look at the website for I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! (just click the link).

You can find out more on wikipedia. What do you think of it?

I need to go now, because I am at a Kings Of Leon concert in Glasgow's SECC tonight.

See you soon!
Old 12-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
asmay

Definitely some Dancing ... show. As Shastastar said, therein lies his strength. And please, no jungle fever for our Dirk. He spent years in Hollywood, so he'll probably knows all there is to it.

BLISS is a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. (Anonymus)
LOVE is an illness, without which one does not feel well. (Marguerite Grépon)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real (John Armitage)
asmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #7
shastastar
Wondergirl...Game face on

Quote:

Welcome to the boards
Tracy
Yes Tracy and since we all have sooooo much control over his endeavors we should get to pick which show he does next LOL

Or at least you should Tracy. In the states Dancing with the Stars is one of the highest rated shows on television period. And the audience is made up of mostly women which plays right to his strengths. Someone should write to the house of mouse producers (disney) producers and let them know of our request. Tracy I nominate you to do that ( because we all know you have so much extra time on your hands) LOL. I am extra cheeky today and think I probably need to go for my run all ready.

Cheers Hope Faith Love Running and Extra Bancha Tea this morning

SS
Run and imagine yourself like a tree in the wind, flexing bending flowing with the same motion as the wind. Imagine your arms as branches harnessing the wind and adding to your power. Imagine your legs like the trunk firmly anchored yet moving slowly subtly reacting to your environment, standing strong but not fighting the surrounding. Working where you are planted to grow and flourish no matter what the conditions are. Using the talents blessed unto you by your creator
shastastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #8
asmay

I have no doubt Dirk could hold his own against whoever or whatever in any of those shows. But to be completely honest, I don´t care much for this reality show genre (in a house, in the jungle, in the bush, on the dancefloor, on the Northpole, on the Moon for all I care).

I would much rather see him in a new film or tv show .......

Old 12-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #9
Flash
Master of Disaster

Location: not yet where I want to be, but hey...I'll get there!

I totally agree with you, asmay I'd choose a new, decent film with Dirk over any reality show.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:36 AM   #10
pinar
Out of this world

Yes, I agree with asmay too.
I would rather to see new film, tv series or I would most rather see his third book!
pinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #11
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Yes - the book! The book!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #12
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Welcome BB68! Thank you for posting in the Glasgow collectormania thread.

Selfishly, I think Dirk would be great on one of the 'Dancing' shoes (edit - I meant 'shows' but perhaps it was a freudian slip!), but it is a lot of commitment, the 'stars' work out and rehearse several hours a day. Whilst Dirk has been a stay at home 'mom', that kind of commitment wouldn't have worked out? But soon, if Roland moves to Mexico, I don't know if Dirk is gonna go with him, or let him fly the coop, Dirk might suddenly find he has a lot more free time on his hands?

My personal fav of the 'Dancing' 'reality tv' shows would be 'Dancing on Ice' - he can already ice skate, so I think it would be a breeze for him!

My personal general 'reality tv' fav would be Celebrity Chef, with Marco Pierre White, as like CBB & IAC, it's only for a few weeks, so v intense, but v quick!

Last edited by deebeelicious; 12-08-2008 at 07:47 AM..
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #13
UKJules

We'll be there to support Dirk in whatever he chooses to do - book, film, theatre, reality TV........won't we girls
Old 12-09-2008, 02:00 AM   #14
asmay

Absolutely! But we all have our preferences, of course (TV or filmwise I mean ). Although I also agree with Pinar: let him please go back to writing (books, articles, blogs, whatever ... I'm not particular).

Old 12-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #15
JoDaniels

Location: Somewhere out there !! Under the stars that shine so bright

Hi All,

If Dirk went on I'm a Celebrity and lived in the jungle, I think he'd probably fail on the bush tucker trials on purpose just so he could have rice and beans for dinner every night !!

My 9yr old would like Dirk and Dwight to go on another one of Ant and Decs shows here in the UK. "Ant and Decs Saturday Night Takeaway" My boy would love to see Dirk and Dwight challenge Ant and Dec at "Beat the Boys" a car driving contest. Ant and Dec verus The A-Team. That would be fun. Dirk and Dwight working together to win could be very entertaining as they are both very competitive.

I think Dirk would do well at the Dancing one to but Ive never watched that one.

Take Care All.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #16
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

It would nice to see Dirk on TV/films again, but, I agree with everyone about his third book. I can't wait to see that!
Old 12-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #17
BuddyBoy68

Thumbs up Re: Get Him In There!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDaniels View Post
Hi All,

If Dirk went on I'm a Celebrity and lived in the jungle, I think he'd probably fail on the bush tucker trials on purpose just so he could have rice and beans for dinner every night !!

My 9yr old would like Dirk and Dwight to go on another one of Ant and Decs shows here in the UK. "Ant and Decs Saturday Night Takeaway" My boy would love to see Dirk and Dwight challenge Ant and Dec at "Beat the Boys" a car driving contest. Ant and Dec verus The A-Team. That would be fun. Dirk and Dwight working together to win could be very entertaining as they are both very competitive.

I think Dirk would do well at the Dancing one to but Ive never watched that one.

Take Care All.
I like that idea too about Beat The Boys on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Take-away, using the famous A-Team van... or would they maybe need B.A. to drive that?...

Anyway, I still think he would do well in I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! and I hope he has read this forum thread and checked out the website for the show. I would be interested to know what he thinks about that idea. Does he come on this website, by any chance?... If so, does anybody know his username for this website?...
Old 12-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #18
Nacky

He's a member here, yes, but...and this is just my thought, I don't think he has much time to read any threads here. Might be once in a great while. But again, I don't know. That's just what I think personally.

You're from Earth? Well, thanks for narrowing that down for me!

In Space, you're in a Ragtag Fugitive Fleet.
In Soviet Russia, Fugitive Fleet ragtags YOU!!

Twilight of the Psychopaths
TruthOrg
DeceptionDollar

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Nacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #19
deebeelicious
Asset Security

So 'I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here,' has begun in USA. This time the jungle is Costa Rica, not the NSW Bush.
Jungle mates this year include Stephen Baldwin (of Earthstorm infamy! - wasn't he already on Celebrity Apprentice recently? Looks like the acting work has dried up?).

We've just seen the first episode (I think from last week?) on UK tv - Stephen volunteered for Jungle John duty!

Bush tucker trials so far included a rat's tale (all furry and raw!), stick insects, and a tarantula - I think that one was cooked!

PMSL - all the ladies appear rather high maintenance - don't think they'll last long at all.

Thought I'd post this here seeing as many of us think Dirk would be an excellent player of this reality game!

Regards!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #20
Crazy Tommy T

I saw some of the US version and didn't think it was quite as good as the UK version. Although that was probably due to not knowing who 2/3 of the people were. Janice Dickinson, cheating a bit as she was already a contestant on the UK show in 2007.
Crazy Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #21
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

It's got to be one of the most inane concepts they've come up with yet.

I have little patience for "reality" television.

I am
Dawg

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #22
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Shame Danny B was booted out - he is my fav B!
Funny how animated and extrovert Stevie B is - if only he could act, how much better Earthstorm would have been! LOL!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:13 AM   #23
shastastar
Wondergirl...Game face on

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebeelicious View Post
Stevie B is - if only he could act, how much better Earthstorm would have been! LOL!
Umm... sorry hon... but not that much better, he's not that bad actually... I think that was more bad script, bad science, and a number of other bad things I parsed in the earthstorm drinking game... earthstorms "badness" had very little to do with Steve Baldwin IMHO.... and LOL
Run and imagine yourself like a tree in the wind, flexing bending flowing with the same motion as the wind. Imagine your arms as branches harnessing the wind and adding to your power. Imagine your legs like the trunk firmly anchored yet moving slowly subtly reacting to your environment, standing strong but not fighting the surrounding. Working where you are planted to grow and flourish no matter what the conditions are. Using the talents blessed unto you by your creator
shastastar is offline   Reply With Quote