LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Macrobiotics > Share the Wealth of Health

Share the Wealth of Health Are you a follower of the grain? Have you been searching for health and happiness and found it? Still searching? Come share your experiences with other macro followers.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:23 PM   #51
ojai22

Default Re: 10-day brown rice diet

Have you had time to read Sugar Blues yet? Curious about what you think of it.....
Old 01-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #52
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

OK - many, many years ago (many, many = about 6), I posted a fool-proof recipe for brown rice. It's a recipe from Alton Brown (of "Good Eats" and "Cutthroat Kitchen," among others, of Food Network), slightly modified.

It only works with short or medium-grain brown rice, however (that's what Alton said of his original recipe, so I never tried it with long grain rice).

So here it is, modified to how we make rice:

Quote:
Pre-heat your oven to 375°F. Put 1-1/2 cups of short (or medium) grain brown rice in an 8-inch casserole. Put 2-1/2 cups of water (filtered, not tap) on to boil - if you choose to make it with Kombu, do this in a saucepan with a couple or so square inches of Kombu; allow it to boil for a couple of minutes, then steep the Kombu for a little while (the longer it steeps, the stronger the flavor). Remove the pieces of Kombu and replenish with fresh water to make 2-1/2 cups (some water will have evaporated), and return to a boil.

As I said, the Kombu steps are optional (but you should try it at least once).

The original recipe calls for 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter, but we've found a squirt of toasted sesame oil (maybe a teaspoon or two) works just fine instead and adds a really nice flavor. You can add the oil to the rice before you add the water, just stir it around really well.

Anyway, once the water boils pour it over the rice, stir, and cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.

Bake on the middle rack for 1 hour. After the hour remove, fluff with a fork, and serve.
I imagine if you make your rice with Kombu on the stovetop you'll leave the Kombu in it while it cooks; that's really not practical with this baking method, so that's why we steep it in the hot water beforehand.

But it will turn out perfectly every time, no burning or sticking to the bottom. Unless you forget it in the oven, of course... Kitchen timers are your friends...

And FYI, short-grain brown rice, fresh from the oven and still warm, is sticky enough to make into sushi without using sugar water.

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:09 AM   #53
Flygirl
Erin

Day 7 @ 0700 - Weight: 123.6 lbs (56 kg)

Thanks, everybody! I really appreciate the support. I honestly don't think I could do this without this forum.

If someone is reading this, and thinking about starting a brown rice diet, one thing I would advise is to cut your hours, take a little time off work, have someone on hand to help with the kids, or anything else that will lessen your load for the next ten days. Keeping up this schedule and moving around so much has been difficult. On the plus side, after Day 3, the cravings really do start to fade. The only thing that causes me cravings now is the smell of food cooking.

John, thanks for the recipe! Kitchen timers, yeah. I need to remember that...

I haven't gotten past the first, sort of autobiographical chapter of Sugar Blues, but I like Dufty's writing style. It's a little like Dirk's.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #54
ojai22

Your last two days will be on Saturday and Sunday so perhaps that will make them a bit easier. I'm sorry it's been so hard for you. The bland taste of rice alone is changing your way of eating forever. When you start your new food diet you won't believe how good it will taste!

Just remember - everything that you have loved to eat, you learned to love. All the new foods will be the same - you will learn to like them just as much or more.

A quick story - one of my sons loved mayonnaise, talked about Miracle Whip like he couldn't live without it. Recently he he was in an area that had a factory that made mayonnaise. He had to smell it for a few hours and he said it smelled like rotten eggs. Now if you mention mayonnaise, he states flatly, "I'm never eating mayonnaise again!"

That gives me a chance to get him to try Vegenaise which he would never do before. We are so adaptable in all areas of life and food is no exception. You're going to be okay.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #55
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai22 View Post
Your last two days will be on Saturday and Sunday so perhaps that will make them a bit easier. I'm sorry it's been so hard for you. The bland taste of rice alone is changing your way of eating forever. When you start your new food diet you won't believe how good it will taste!

Just remember - everything that you have loved to eat, you learned to love. All the new foods will be the same - you will learn to like them just as much or more.

A quick story - one of my sons loved mayonnaise, talked about Miracle Whip like he couldn't live without it. Recently he he was in an area that had a factory that made mayonnaise. He had to smell it for a few hours and he said it smelled like rotten eggs. Now if you mention mayonnaise, he states flatly, "I'm never eating mayonnaise again!"

That gives me a chance to get him to try Vegenaise which he would never do before. We are so adaptable in all areas of life and food is no exception. You're going to be okay.
That's really good to hear, because there are some things I want to cut out of my diet altogether when I'm done with this fast... The mayonnaise story reminded me of when I stopped eating fast food (when I started doing the low-calorie thing). I had cravings for hamburgers and French fries like you wouldn't believe. I swear, I had dreams about Burger King. If anyone ate it around me, I'd go crazy. You know how hard it is to kick fast food when your kids are eating it and leaving chicken nuggets for you to clean up? Anyway, now I think that stuff is disgusting. My husband brought a bag of it home for lunch yesterday and I wouldn't have touched it - even if I had a reprieve from my rice fast.

I don't think I will go full on into macrobiotics after this, but I'm going to start sticking to a macrobiotic diet at home - and try to coerce my family to join me.

I really do feel good today, and I didn't think I would... I thought by today I'd be sick and exhausted. But I think my body's gone through the withdrawal phase and taken it pretty well. There are some obvious psychological changes I'm noticing. Some of it could be psychosomatic, but I'm convinced a lot of it has to do with the rice.

For one thing, my attention span has improved tenfold. I mean, way more noticeable than it was when I was a kid diagnosed with "ADD" and started taking amphetamines. I'm in class four hours a day, in meetings 3-4 hours a day, and my mind isn't wandering. I'm focusing on everything that is said, participating more, having more ideas, and asking lots of questions. I came up with two potential patent ideas in my strategic project discussion yesterday (as a reference of significance- I only entered two patents over the entire YEAR in 2016). I'm also paying more attention when I'm driving. I'm not forgetting things the way I was before... etc, etc. That can't all be in my head.

Also, my mood is better, and I've actually got *more* energy now than I had even before I started on the fast. (Maybe it's because I lost a little weight, but I'm thinking the lack of sugar and caffeine is bringing my energy pendulum back to a lovely state of inertia.) I'm not taking naps during the day, like I was before, and I'm sleeping through the night.

Pretty cool.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #56
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

I've tried to get my family to eat some macro food and they have learned to like some of it at least. Off course veggies is no problem. They tend to complain if they don't get their veggies. By now they all really like brown rice and miso soup.

I've been eating this way for over a year now and I also feel the changes in concentration and energy levels. It's remarkable. I feel so much better !!! I was often stressed out and now I feel really calm. It's such a nice change. I feel like I can take on the world. The weight loss is certainly an extra benefit as well as: an improved skin, healthier looking hair, no more hair loss, etc. I couldn't be happier.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:05 PM   #57
Flygirl
Erin

That's awesome, LMD. I can definitely see why you guys stick with this diet.

Hey, guess what??!? My iHerb order came in today! I now have organic brown rice flakes (that should make a better cereal then just the long grain rice in water) AND I have organic brown rice cakes! I'm not cheating if I eat a rice cake, right? It's just puffed rice... Ojai?
Old 01-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #58
ojai22

Sweetie, you need to stay with the brown rice. Short grain, organic.

Rice cakes are somewhat processed, but I don't remember how much. Listen, you have only 3 days to go, plan on what you're going to eat. You can drop a rice cake into some miso soup and it will break up, or you can do what I love - Look in the Recipes section for the thread Sauces and
Spreads. There are 2 recipes there made from Tamari and Tahini. The second one gets to be really thick and is so good on rice cakes. You don't want to stop eating.

You're doing great, hang in there!

Also, I have more to say.....
Old 01-12-2017, 05:56 PM   #59
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Sweetie, you need to stay with the brown rice. Short grain, organic.

Rice cakes are somewhat processed, but I don't remember how much. Listen, you have only 3 days to go, plan on what you're going to eat. You can drop a rice cake into some miso soup and it will break up, or you can do what I love - Look in the Recipes section for the thread Sauces and
Spreads. There are 2 recipes there made from Tamari and Tahini. The second one gets to be really thick and is so good on rice cakes. You don't want to stop eating.

You're doing great, hang in there!

Also, I have more to say.....
ARRRGHHH! Okay... 3 more days...

Those rice cakes are looking really good though.

Now I'm looking at organic beer. I have read you can follow a macro diet and drink alcohol (in moderation), but it has to be organic and not too strong. I typically only drink one at a time since I lost all the weight, anyway... So if I pick up some organic beer at BevMo, and limit myself to one or two each weekend... that should be OK. I'm going to look at the rice cake spreads. Honestly, I could just eat them plain. I love rice cakes. I think it's the crunchiness.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #60
ojai22

Think back to Dirk's panels and interviews, How many times have you heard him say, he likes to sit in his library with a cigar and a glass of scotch? And one assumes a good book.

I don't drink because I'm chemically sensitive and booze is alcohol, a chemical. I never did drink much, I have Cherokee blood and can't do the firewater, but I do miss a glass of wine with spaghetti.

I understand completely about the crunchiness. Veggies and grains are soft, so I need crunchy sometimes. I found a solution....Trader Joe's has a corn chip, organic, named Corn Dippers. They are sort of boat-like so you can dip with them easily. He also has some organic hummus, so when I go there I get several containers of each. Sometimes i have that for lunch.

Rice cakes are great with that thick sauce. The other sauce is good to drizzle over rice or steamed veggies. I have to make myself stop eating it, it is so good!

Last edited by ojai22; 01-12-2017 at 06:05 PM..
ojai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:19 PM   #61
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

I'm a big fan of beer. Dark, like a porter or stout, or a red or brown ale... I usually limit myself to one on any given evening (not that I have one every night), but living in a region noted for its microbrews that's difficult sometimes.

I'm also a fan of Macallen, Jack Daniels, and Patron Anejo...

I don't know a lot about rice cakes, I've never been fond of them (of course, the only rice cakes I've had are the Quaker Oats hockey pucks), but it seems that there are rice cakes - and there are rice cakes.

Most are made with brown rice, I was surprised to learn. There are some interesting videos on how "the real thing" is made; apparently they originated in Asia, and street vendors still make them from scratch. Those probably don't bear much resemblance to what we can get in a store...

Do you know how they "puff" rice? I didn't...

So I'm with ojai and think these would make a fine snack, if you choose wisely; I'm under the impression that they're not exactly nutritional powerhouses. Be sure to read the labels closely, make sure "brown rice" or "whole grain rice" is the first ingredient, and watch out for what they put in it; some of them will be salt licks in disguise. Like most canned soups...

Keep us posted!

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:55 PM   #62
ojai22

Stay with Lundberg Rice Cakes. Only ingredient is Organic brown rice, and sea salt if they are salted. You can get them both ways, salted and unsalted. They also make non organic so check closely.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:06 PM   #63
Vballspieler
Dirkette

[QUOTE=flyngirl5;22916]
If someone is reading this, and thinking about starting a brown rice diet, one thing I would advise is to cut your hours, take a little time off work, have someone on hand to help with the kids, or anything else that will lessen your load for the next ten days. Keeping up this schedule and moving around so much has been difficult. On the plus side, after Day 3, the cravings really do start to fade. The only thing that causes me cravings now is the smell of food cooking[/I]. /QUOTE]

Are you sure? I'm thinking this may be easier when I'm really busy; Have no idea what day it is and just eat something. Then I won't care about what is around me for food. Also, moodiness can be covered by stress at work. We are already there ( stressed out and arguing) and others probably wouldn't even notice a difference. Our meeting this morning sad ended with tears from multiple people. All I know right now is that tomorrow is another day of work and when the computer tells me it's Feb 2, everything had better be done. Then it's naptime.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:41 AM   #64
ojai22

[QUOTE=Vballspieler;22948]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
If someone is reading this, and thinking about starting a brown rice diet, one thing I would advise is to cut your hours, take a little time off work, have someone on hand to help with the kids, or anything else that will lessen your load for the next ten days. Keeping up this schedule and moving around so much has been difficult. On the plus side, after Day 3, the cravings really do start to fade. The only thing that causes me cravings now is the smell of food cooking[/I]. /QUOTE]

Are you sure? I'm thinking this may be easier when I'm really busy; Have no idea what day it is and just eat something. Then I won't care about what is around me for food. Also, moodiness can be covered by stress at work. We are already there ( stressed out and arguing) and others probably wouldn't even notice a difference. Our meeting this morning sad ended with tears from multiple people. All I know right now is that tomorrow is another day of work and when the computer tells me it's Feb 2, everything had better be done. Then it's naptime.
VBS, that wouldn't work because it needs your attention. You can't possibly do these 10 days without feeling what is happening to your body, watching the changes in your body and mind. You actually will care about your food. You aren't slipping up on it, it takes hold and you go along for the ride. It needs your attention.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:49 AM   #65
ojai22

Quote:
That's really good to hear, because there are some things I want to cut out of my diet altogether when I'm done with this fast... The mayonnaise story reminded me of when I stopped eating fast food (when I started doing the low-calorie thing). I had cravings for hamburgers and French fries like you wouldn't believe. I swear, I had dreams about Burger King. If anyone ate it around me, I'd go crazy. You know how hard it is to kick fast food when your kids are eating it and leaving chicken nuggets for you to clean up? Anyway, now I think that stuff is disgusting. My husband brought a bag of it home for lunch yesterday and I wouldn't have touched it - even if I had a reprieve from my rice fast.

I don't think I will go full on into macrobiotics after this, but I'm going to start sticking to a macrobiotic diet at home - and try to coerce my family to join me.

I really do feel good today, and I didn't think I would... I thought by today I'd be sick and exhausted. But I think my body's gone through the withdrawal phase and taken it pretty well. There are some obvious psychological changes I'm noticing. Some of it could be psychosomatic, but I'm convinced a lot of it has to do with the rice.

For one thing, my attention span has improved tenfold. I mean, way more noticeable than it was when I was a kid diagnosed with "ADD" and started taking amphetamines. I'm in class four hours a day, in meetings 3-4 hours a day, and my mind isn't wandering. I'm focusing on everything that is said, participating more, having more ideas, and asking lots of questions. I came up with two potential patent ideas in my strategic project discussion yesterday (as a reference of significance- I only entered two patents over the entire YEAR in 2016). I'm also paying more attention when I'm driving. I'm not forgetting things the way I was before... etc, etc. That can't all be in my head.

Also, my mood is better, and I've actually got *more* energy now than I had even before I started on the fast. (Maybe it's because I lost a little weight, but I'm thinking the lack of sugar and caffeine is bringing my energy pendulum back to a lovely state of inertia.) I'm not taking naps during the day, like I was before, and I'm sleeping through the night.

Pretty cool.
First of all, fast food is addictive. Your craving for it is understandable. You don't think you will go MB when this is over? Reread your 4the paragraph above.....look what is happening to you with just partially turning your life around. Also read the last paragraph. It's not in your head, it's really happening to you.

No one can, or should try to, talk you into this. You have to do it on your own. Because it's your life.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:49 AM   #66
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Question Re: 10-day brown rice diet

[QUOTE=ojai22;22951]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post

VBS, that wouldn't work because it needs your attention. You can't possibly do these 10 days without feeling what is happening to your body, watching the changes in your body and mind. You actually will care about your food. You aren't slipping up on it, it takes hold and you go along for the ride. It needs your attention.
Maybe, but I've gone weeks with just water before and brown rice has to be better than nothing, right? I'll sleep on it.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:29 AM   #67
Flygirl
Erin

Day 8 @ 0700 - Weight: 123 lbs (55.8 kg)

I really want to post responses, but I'm running late so I'll just post an update and really short responses for now.

Mental note - do a shot of Patron with John @ the Dirkette Summit I'm going to force him to attend.

I got the Lundberg rice cakes. Only organic brown rice in the ingredients list (Ojai already said that) - and they still look good. I've had the cardboard-tasting ones too. Blecch. I'm curious about how they puff rice, because it doesn't just change the texture but also the flavor. I'll have to read up on that!

Vball, I was thinking along the same lines - if I was working and my schedule was the same every day, I'd be more inclined to stick with it. And I hear you! I have gone with just water many times from 0800-1700 - but what happened (for me) is things started to come up, my schedule started to get hectic, and I had the work on top of that. Also it isn't good to go on just water that long with this diet. You know how you get super hungry and then over indulge at night? That's when I get cravings, and it's hard to "indulge" on just rice... So for me it probably would have made more sense to take some vacation. More later! Thanks guys
Old 01-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #68
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Day 8 @ 0700 - Weight: 123 lbs (55.8 kg)

I really want to post responses, but I'm running late so I'll just post an update and really short responses for now.

Mental note - do a shot of Patron with John @ the Dirkette Summit I'm going to force him to attend.

I got the Lundberg rice cakes. Only organic brown rice in the ingredients list (Ojai already said that) - and they still look good. I've had the cardboard-tasting ones too. Blecch. I'm curious about how they puff rice, because it doesn't just change the texture but also the flavor. I'll have to read up on that!

Vball, I was thinking along the same lines - if I was working and my schedule was the same every day, I'd be more inclined to stick with it. And I hear you! I have gone with just water many times from 0800-1700 - but what happened (for me) is things started to come up, my schedule started to get hectic, and I had the work on top of that. Also it isn't good to go on just water that long with this diet. You know how you get super hungry and then over indulge at night? That's when I get cravings, and it's hard to "indulge" on just rice... So for me it probably would have made more sense to take some vacation. More later! Thanks guys
I wasn't only talking about 9 to 5 and yes, I know the consequences. Kind of been there; done that. Just had a really bad day yesterday and that's one of my responses. If you want more details talk to me later.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #69
Flygirl
Erin

I don't make a habit of sharing Vox articles, but as we're talking about Sugar Blues, I thought the current stats and discussion here might interest you guys...

Sugar, explained - Vox:
https://apple.news/AsHNtHEOoSuiY35dXr3HL7g

Here's the book to which they refer,
"The Case Against Sugar", by Gary Taubes:
https://www.amazon.com/Case-Against-.../dp/0307701646

Last edited by Flygirl; 01-13-2017 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: bad grammar!
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #70
ojai22

Quote:

Maybe, but I've gone weeks with just water before and brown rice has to be better than nothing, right? I'll sleep on it.

Are you saying you have gone weeks with no nourishment for your body? Think beyond being hungry, and/or just filling your stomach. Go down to the cells where the nourishment is needed. Different cells need different nutrients. if they don't get what they need, the body cannibalizes itself. This is a serious situation that you will face one day. I don't mean to frighten you; it's just a fact.

Suppose you look at it a different way: No diet, no time involved, just food. Let the only "food" be organic short grain brown rice. That's your food, period. You cook it and eat it when you are hungry with no 'intentions' behind it, no thought of what it is doing, or how long you will be doing it. Could you consider trying this for now?

In one of your posts and one of Flygirl's posts, you both described a meeting. She has been on brown rice for one week and lost 5 lbs plus she is not only calm and alert but handled the meeting like a champ. More impressive, in one week she equaled her output of potential patents for the entire last year.

In your meeting there was yelling, or arguing, and apparently much stress. What this must be doing to your body! If you had been calm and alert you could have led the meeting in an unflustered way, keeping everyone else in a less stressful mode.

I hope i'm not offending you; I really do want to help. Would you give this some thought, about rice just being your food and you just eating it? Or you can just tell me I've gone too far and to back off. I won't be offended.

Last edited by ojai22; 01-13-2017 at 04:29 PM..
ojai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #71
ojai22

Quote:
I don't make a habit of sharing Vox articles, but as we're talking about Sugar Blues, I thought the current stats and discussion here might interest you guys...

Sugar, explained - Vox:
https://apple.news/AsHNtHEOoSuiY35dXr3HL7g

Here's the book to which they refer,
"The Case Against Sugar", by Gary Taubes:
https://www.amazon.com/Case-Against-.../dp/0307701646

Wow! And take a look at this:

https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/f...7&postcount=10
Old 01-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #72
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:

Are you saying you have gone weeks with no nourishment for your body? Think beyond being hungry, and/or just filling your stomach. Go down to the cells where the nourishment is needed. Different cells need different nutrients. if they don't get what they need, the body cannibalizes itself. This is a serious situation that you will face one day. I don't mean to frighten you; it's just a fact.

Suppose you look at it a different way: No diet, no time involved, just food. Let the only "food" be organic short grain brown rice. That's your food, period. You cook it and eat it when you are hungry with no 'intentions' behind it, no thought of what it is doing, or how long you will be doing it. Could you consider trying this for now?

In one of your posts and one of Flygirl's posts, you both described a meeting. She has been on brown rice for one week and lost 5 lbs plus she is not only calm and alert but handled the meeting like a champ. More impressive, in one week she equaled her output of potential patents for the entire last year.

In your meeting there was yelling, or arguing, and apparently much stress. What this must be doing to your body! If you had been calm and alert you could have led the meeting in an unflustered way, keeping everyone else in a less stressful mode.

I hope i'm not offending you; I really do want to help. Would you give this some thought, about rice just being your food and you just eating it? Or you can just tell me I've gone too far and to back off. I won't be offended.

I wasn't leading the meeting. I was the one giving hugs, but was upset when I followed instructions and got yelled at by a coworker. I walked away and vented to someone else. Then went back to my desk to quietly work. I was also upset by my friend falling asleep last night and leaving me to finish stuff, even though she knew i was tired. I had a chance to talk to her sister and felt better before I left.
I really miss my volleyball as that was my stress-reliever. Today, we got presents from the corporate office as a BIG THANK YOU.

It's been years since I did my "no food" diet. I know how far I can push and have talked about it to friends so they understand my stress levels. I actually intervene for others because I know the consequences and monitor their eating habits. The scary part is how easy it was to do and I didn't hide it. No issues other than watching potassium levels. Everything else is fine - no effects.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #73
ojai22

Gee Whiz, VBS, I was afraid you were living on water and about to cave in!
But you seem to be quite in control, so I do apologize for misunderstanding.

Take care.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:24 PM   #74
ojai22

Quote:

Yes, absolutely. Brown rice is better than nothing.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:31 PM   #75
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Gee Whiz, VBS, I was afraid you were living on water and about to cave in!
But you seem to be quite in control, so I do apologize for misunderstanding.

Take care.
It's something I monitor. Still scares the hell out of my sister, but I haven't done it in quite a while and will walk away from a job if it's too stressful for too long. The owner used to tell me I wasn't committed to my job when I did it. I often remarked after that I probably should have been committed because I was killing myself right in front of their eyes and they never noticed. I learned a lot from it though.
Had brown rice last night and this morning, but not sure what i'm eating for supper...