LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Fanorama

Fanorama For fan fiction, artwork, bits and bobs, etc.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #326
dbukfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara
Su!!!! Ciao!!!!
Oh.. your littly will be very busy and surprised by so many new experiences!! :roll: I wish her all the best... :wink:
Thank you dear!! 4 years.. so much and so little... so long and so short....
Life is all in front of us.. I just hpope our steps will be safe!! :lol: :wink:
Good night and weet dreams!
Ciao Amica mia, Sara..
Thnk U for yr kind words for my littly.....she's been to kindergarden since she's 3.5 yrs old...this term, she'll move to class 2....she loves school :lol: :wink: ..just me..a worried Mom..again..of everything :shock:
A Presto
Bonn Nuit = Sleep well
Adieu
Baci...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #327
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi everyone!

How is everyone doing?
Here are a couple of photos from Niagra Falls.
https://largeniagarafallsphotos.com/i...ls-rainbow.jpg
https://www.hickerphoto.com/data/medi...tours_sc88.jpg
One has a rainbow over Niagra Falls and the other is a photo of the Maid of the Mist that's a boat that goes near the edge of the Falls. You have to wear a raincoat. Otherwise you get drenched! :lol:
Hope to have the personal photos taken by my relatives to post here very soon.

Take care,
Anne
Old 09-06-2007, 06:00 AM   #328
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

Hahaha Su I wish that I would be always though and strong!
Good to hear that your daughter likes to go to school! And really good that you are back!

Sara!!! Yes you must ask if can come with Fransesca to Holstein, ask what it would cost. And tell her that you can translate if the Germans speak slowly but they can speak in their own language! They would be impressed knowing a young Italian girl who is studying German!

I hope Rory will come also, I have so much dreams! Hahaha!
Old 09-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #329
UKJules

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been on here for the last couple of days.........I've been busy with college and the kids went back to school today :roll: We all seem to have alot going on at the moment, with one thing or another :!:
I've really enjoyed my first week on my course I wasn't sure I would like going to college at my age......but it doesn't bother me now, because I have made some new friends.......It's like we've known each other for years :!:

Su :arrow: I hope your littly's getting on ok at school I'm sure she will be fine......It will be strange for a start, but she will soon get used to it :!:

Sara :arrow: Best of luck for your exams :wink:

Anne :arrow: Thanks for posting the photos - Sounds like you had a great time :wink:

Dirk B fan from Holland :arrow: How are you :wink:

Anyway.......I'd better go

Take Care all

Jules x
Old 09-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #330
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi everyone!

How is everyone?
Dropped into say HI!
Taking the day off. Mini-summer vacation as it were. My relatives had me going all over the place! :lol:
My relatives are putting the pressure on for to come to Europe next year in July to celebrate my 50th birthday. I don't have the money for both the trip to Europe and the cruise.
I'm afraid that my relatives will have to come first. Some of them I haven't seen for more than 20 years. Decisions Decisions. I wish I could do both.
Glad you all like the Niagra Falls photos.

Take care,
Anne
Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 AM   #331
dbukfan

Default Happy Friday!!

Hi Guys
Nice to hear fr all yr news....& to know that this wk, Uguys's been busy in various aspects of life...which's v interestin'..like a Soap-Box here sometimes :lol: 8) .
Pity about the Med-Cruise...few/lots of us here couldn't make it.....sounds really good fr Venice....(one of Most romantic city in the world!! :wink: )..me too same dilemma as Jules....School Term ...just have to wait and see on that!!
:arrow: Jules...Pls remember, 'No one too Ole to Learn'....chin-up, mature student :wink:
:arrow: Sara....U can do it, sis!!....don't send a Blank papar work like me, if U can't :lol:
:arrow: Adri....C'mon...I know U can survive in any sitiation, girl!!....my Cat-woman suit is size 8-10, pls..manage to loose 4 lbs back fr this hectic wk 8)
:arrow: Anne....glad U're havin' great time with friends/family!!
:arrow: Ramona...Happy Back to School...been there, done that!!...no more for me :lol: .
:arrow: Esther....Where're U?..pls keep in touch..
Must dash to Final rush day :x :? 8)
Su....x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
Old 09-07-2007, 07:28 AM   #332
Arciris

Default Re: Happy Friday!!

Hi to all, friends!!
In first place, sorry for my abscence. I was working out of my city and I don't have portable computer and there there isn't cybers for to have connexion. I've missed to you (to all) for many weeks.
I was thinking..What about friends of Dirk's Forum? What about your holidays, summer days, weeks..And I couldn't to read nothing of nothing.
How are you, all? I have not been able to even read so many posts since three weeks ago but I hope that you are fine and have had a wonderful summer. Sure!
My summer okey, very short but fine. This is the most important.
I confess that I've a little forgotten my english and I hope to put the batteries to me with this :lol: .
I was leaving for work another time until next tuesday and that day I I will be able to read everything what I have not been able.
Thanks so much, Su, for to ask for me and perhaps some other post that I have not read. I will try to read now some that I missed it :wink:
A big big kiss for all, Dirk, Tracy, Su, Sara, Adriana, Ramona, Anne, Jules, and all all that now nonmemory.
See you for here!! Finally!!
:P
Love.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:33 AM   #333
Arciris

Default Re: Happy Friday!!

Oh girls, I was reading of the last two pages.
Anne, I'm happy for your trip to Niagara Falls! I'm sure that this is wonderful!
Adrianaaa, I miss you, all, too. The next week I'm here finally and I I will be able to put me to the day avout posts :P .
Saraaa, congratulations for your 4 birthday with Stefano! This is lovely, girl! Many congratulations and luck with exams! :wink:
For all a big huge!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:43 AM   #334
dbukfan

Default Welcome Back, Esther!!

Hola Esther
Come Va?..Howdy?
We all Miss Youuuuuuuuuuuu..nice to hear fr U again....I must say, I def. prefer Spanish food & all Med.Food to the French :wink: .....much healthier!!.....Hope U're well and Super Tan...I'll find time to cook semi.Brits/Spanish Paella one wkend!!..need to find Truffle powder 1st!!..I know I'd never be a better Spanish cook than you, Esther..haha :lol: :lol: .
Fill us with all yr news when got mins to spare, pls!! :wink: :lol:
A Presto
Baci...x
Adieu

Old 09-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #335
Arciris

Default Re: Welcome Back, Esther!!

Hi Su!!!
Thanks so much! I miss you, all, too. So much. :wink: I'm fine about health. This is the most important. Many work..grrr..but, well, it's necessary.
Oh, God, if you knew the bad cook what I am. Ha ha ha, uff..very very bad cook. This is because I live with my fathers, still, and I clean and my nother cook. Ha ha. She if who cooks well. I know easy things..not paella, fruit coctel, vegetable, salads..the most easy. But it's true. We've the luck of good food although I recognize that 4 or 5 kilos exceed to me, haha, because I Idon't make much exercise. I need a sport monitor for to run, fitness, jump... Ehem...Dirk...??? żżż I need a sport monitor urgently. Ha ha ha :wink: For reason, here. :lol:
You will make paellas that will be envies it of all environs.I'm sure. :wink: I hope your invitation and for all members of forum for to taste it, you know :wink: :P .
A big kiss!!
And a very good weekend!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #336
dbukfan

Default Nice wkend, everybody!!

Hi All
Just quickly to say, 'Have a Nice wkend'..to everyone...as I'm off to the beach tom. :wink: ....South coast of England'll reach 24c..Late Summer just arrives to UK @ last :lol: :lol: 8) ...bucket & spade ready with the beach tent...&cool bags of goodies!!
See U guys on Sunday :wink: ...Be Good 8) :?: to all.
Take care,,,x

Old 09-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #337
UKJules

Hi everyone.....

Sorry, I haven't been on here for a couple of days........I've been busy again......doing my college homework on Health & Safety :!: You wouldn't believe how many different Health & Safety regulations there are in this country

Arciris :arrow: We've missed you :!: I'm glad your back......how are you feeling :?:

Su :arrow: Have a great time on the beach.....make the most of it :!: How did your littly get on at school :?: I know my three didn't want to go back, the holidays went so quickly :!:

Sara and Dirk B fan from Holland .......hope you are well :wink: have a great wkend :!:

Anne :arrow: Hope you're having a great time with your relatives :wink:

Take Care all

Jules x
Old 09-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #338
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

Esther!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back !! I missed you so much and don't worry about your English! That will be allright.

I was at a Dutch Warmblood Foal auction, it was fun and I have seen some friends!
But i'm looking forward to the Holsteiner foal auction's!

Have a good weekend!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #339
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Estherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr!
WELCOME BACK!
Been really busy. I'm on a small vacation after being with my relatives. :lol:
They sure wear you out!
Hope everyone else is doing fine. Is it just me or do the days go by faster? :?
Nice to hear how people are doing.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:57 AM   #340
dbukfan

Default Happy Sunday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKJules
Hi everyone.....
Sorry, I haven't been on here for a couple of days........I've been busy again......doing my college homework on Health & Safety :!: You wouldn't believe how many different Health & Safety regulations there are in this country
Arciris :arrow: We've missed you :!: I'm glad your back......how are you feeling :?:
Su :arrow: Have a great time on the beach.....make the most of it :!: How did your littly get on at school :?: I know my three didn't want to go back, the holidays went so quickly :!:
Sara and Dirk B fan from Holland .......hope you are well :wink: have a great wkend :!:
Anne :arrow: Hope you're having a great time with your relatives :wink:
Take Care all
Jules x
Howdy All?
:arrow: Jules.......thnks for askin' for my littly....she's copin' well considerably!! with all those new class so far ..finger cross..it's just her Mom..who always worries of anything & everything :roll: ... a worrier..my nickname :? :x ..Yes!!..Sat trip's been great fun for possibly Last UK beach trip this yr :!: ...so overwhelmin' and surprise how warm and blue clear the Brits sea is :wink: !!..really..and it's Me again..the last person who's been pushed to dive in the English sea for the 1st time yesterday @ 3pm..after loosin' ball-game with my littly :lol: :lol: ...really enjoy it...may be considerin' on tour along British seaside down South few days nt yr!!
:arrow: Esther, Sara, Adri, Anne & etc....hope all're well..
Must go to cover my shift @ water-coloured class....10 mins tea break's finished :wink: 8) ..v proud of her..today, she's doin' back-somersault in th pool!!!
x

Old 09-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #341
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

I'm fine, great to hear that you had fun!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #342
UKJules

Default Re: Happy Sunday!!

Quote:
Howdy All?
:arrow: Jules.......thnks for askin' for my littly....she's copin' well considerably!! with all those new class so far ..finger cross..it's just her Mom..who always worries of anything & everything :roll: ... a worrier..my nickname :? :x ..Yes!!..Sat trip's been great fun for possibly Last UK beach trip this yr :!: ...so overwhelmin' and surprise how warm and blue clear the Brits sea is :wink: !!..really..and it's Me again..the last person who's been pushed to dive in the English sea for the 1st time yesterday @ 3pm..after loosin' ball-game with my littly :lol: :lol: ...really enjoy it...may be considerin' on tour along British seaside down South few days nt yr!!
Must go to cover my shift @ water-coloured class....10 mins tea break's finished :wink: 8) ..v proud of her..today, she's doin' back-somersault in th pool!!!
x
Hi Su Hi everyone

Wow, you must have cleaner beaches near you.......there isn't many in the east :!: :lol:
You were very brave diving in the sea...........were there any nice lifeguards on duty :wink: Any David Hasselhoff's :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I would prefer Dirk to come and recue me :lol: :lol:
I too would like to tour the south coast......we did think about going to Dorset for a wkend.......Jurassic coast and all that
You are artisitc.......water coloured class......very creative :wink:
Have a look on the cruise thread under prices......I think you will like my suggestion :wink:
I have a day off tomorrow......housework beckons..... and back college on Tuesday :wink:

Hope you had a great wkend

Jules x
Old 09-10-2007, 02:35 AM   #343
dbukfan

Default Re: Happy Sunday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKJules
Quote:
Howdy All?
x
Hi Su Hi everyone
Wow, you must have cleaner beaches near you.......there isn't many in the east :!: :lol:
You were very brave diving in the sea...........were there any nice lifeguards on duty :wink: Any David Hasselhoff's :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I would prefer Dirk to come and recue me :lol: :lol:
I too would like to tour the south coast......we did think about going to Dorset for a wkend.......Jurassic coast and all that
You are artisitc.......water coloured class......very creative :wink:
Have a look on the cruise thread under prices......I think you will like my suggestion :wink:
I have a day off tomorrow......housework beckons..... and back college on Tuesday :wink:
Hope you had a great wkend
Jules x
Morning Jules & ALL
You must be psychic :shock: ..yes!!...Dorset...Jurassic coast....is the place V's been over wkend!!.....white soft sandy beaches..blue clr/calm sea...and.. it's sunny & warm....just perfect!!Voila :wink:..many yrs ago, I walked down the Jurassic beach at early hrs about 6 am to hunt for a fossil....beleive it or not...got 1 :lol: :lol: with my hawk eyes...now's on wall cabinet..which full of bits & pcs...around the globe!!.
Re:Artistic....just discover it since spendin' time with littly last few yrs!!....100 times away fr Van Gogh though :lol: 8) ..I found it kinda realxin'....&..can switch off hectic life temporarily ..I think when enterin' parental world...I've discovered lots of hidden things inside me just pop-up :lol: :lol: ...espec.bein' v v patience!!with kid :mrgreen:
Yes!!..totally agreed with yr comments about Dirk to organise inland-dancin' party in UK!!..def. will attract more UK fans...I mean Lots 8) :lol: ..also as I'm pretty clueless about school holiday....just startin' to know that nt Summer, my littly'll be in yr 1 @ local school..her holiday won't start until 2-3 wk in July'08 ..at the moment, she's in private school..so their term's so different fr locals!!...(I mean longer Holiday!!)
Have a nice day and Take it easy to all...espec....Mrs Mop..Happy Cleanin' 8) :wink:
A Presto = See U soon
Baci = x

Old 09-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #344
UKJules

Afternoon Suuuuuuu

Fossil hunting on those beautiful Dorset beaches.........that sounds great......I think the kids would enjoy it too :!: Isn't it in Dorset where River Cottage is filmed from :?:

I like the sound of painting........switching off when getting creative........BLISS :wink:

I'm glad you like my suggestion about the Dik Dinner & dance ........we can only hope :!: I think there would be loads of people that would go :wink:

Your littly's at a private school........my three went to a local private Junior school but it was too expensive to send them to the seniors.......especially when there's three of them. Fortunately they all passed their 11+ and go to a state grammar school. I remember the amount of holidays they used to have.....three weeks for christmas.....three weeks at easter and eight weeks for the summer holidays - that was the worst :!: Not including the October and February half terms - they were always on holiday :lol:

I've been busy today doing my housework..........cutting the grass...........washing.........shopping .............it's never ending :!: Phewwww it's nice to come on here for a rest :!:

Anyway.....Take Care......have a nice day :wink:

Jules x
Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #345
dbukfan

Default Parental Discussion

Hi Jules
OMG :shock: ..3 kids :!: :lol: ...I raise my hat :wink: :lol: ..Super Mom!!..hope there's no tree on yr back garden for hangin'..when too much stress!!..I mean the tree-house :lol:
Same here, me too can't afford for later yrs in this Independent School...only because gov.grant available for 3-5 yrs olds child in Herts....so nt yr, when she's 5...will have to re-locate her to local school..at least, we gave her a head start!!...then later on, we hope that she can't moan about never done anything for her, eh!! 8) :P..worth payin'...not much dearer to child-minder...Yes!!...tell me about it!!..never seen anyone got so much holidays as much as these private schools :x :shock:.
Well, this yr..all fruit trees're excellent...and d**m weeds sadly...other crops'd been munchin' by slugs :evil: ..never mind...but way hey!!...at least..our heroine, the runner bean---after long battered with rain & slugs.she's a True gem..suddenly climbed up the top...full lof Bean..I say :lol:..trim the veg. cost right down nicely :lol: :wink: .
Today's a Good day @ work...Boss's Out..haha!! :lol: :lol: ..I take it easy :wink: :lol: shhhhhh!!
Must dash to complete the day....littly's so excited & v glad to be back @ school..so did I!!
Take care...don't scrub the floor too hard..it might peel-off :lol: 8) ....Perfectionist...Leo :wink: :lol:
x

Old 09-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #346
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

I don't understand a blimey thing from the English school system...

Hoe come they have so much holiday?? And what is so special about private schools? Tell me all :lol:

And were stays Sara... hopefully she had a good weekend with horses :lol: not with to many crying people for bad results...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:05 AM   #347
dbukfan

Default Education Systems in UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk B. Fan from Holland
I don't understand a blimey thing from the English school system...
Hoe come they have so much holiday?? And what is so special about private schools? Tell me all :lol:
And were stays Sara... hopefully she had a good weekend with horses :lol: not with to many crying people for bad results...
Hoi Adri :wink:
Howdy?..hope U & all @ Holland enjoy the extended Summer...lingerin' in Europe like us..just cadigan @ nite time..not bad, eh!! :lol: 8)
Now, the Brits Education systems...briefly....Mainly, we have Local authorities in each counties provide all children with so called Free Education..but infact,no such things.. :shock: Free in UK..but parents/all taxpayers have to pay kinda 'Council Tax'...to cover mainly cost for Police, Education, Rubbish Collections...and..15% pension fund for retired ex-civil council workers :roll:..who works less for more :evil: :x ..all children'll have to go to school nearer to their homes..whether it's good or not that good...and some lovin' parents like me :lol:, Jules & other well-off parents...can afford to send our kid(s) to private nursery/school to give them early-ahead-start..that's fine...the edu.'ll give some fundin' ie. 2.5 hrs/day back to help us out...&..parents then have choices(if they can afford!!).. to continue sendin' them to Year 1, 2, 3 and until they're 16 or 18..I think!!.....Most majoritiesy'll send them to Local authorities....&...DON'T have to pay anything...furthermore, Jules may be better person to explain..as I'm just in early yrs for my littly's education..I'm hopin' to send her to grammer school in the future 8) :wink: .
About the holidays...private school...always have privileage both kids & teachers..to have holidays Much more than Gov. school...ie...normal 1/2 term is 1 wk..pri.school's 2 wks.....Summer holiday is 6 wk...pri.school's 8-10 wks :roll: ...cost me a fortune in childcare @ Summer holidays :shock: ...but that's Life..so Adri..pls don't have too many kids...v expensive!!...hope U get some idea of UK education
Pls tell me about Dutch education in exchange as I found this subject v interesting!!
:wink:
Adieu
V Leifs...x

Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #348
UKJules

Hi Su & Adri

Education, education, education...... :!:

Well speaking from experience, my three daughters had to take an exam called the 11+ to get into their Grammar School (11yrs - 18yrs). Not many counties in England have this system as it's quite old fashioned. Roughly, around 500 children apply for 150 places, they take the top 25% of these. If more children pass the 11+ than they have places for, they narrow it down by things like, if you're in the catchment area (local to the school), if you have any brothers or sisters at the school and when you were born. These schools are state run and are similar to private schools, the only difference is, you don't pay.
The other alternative is to go to what we call a comprehensive school, which are for all abilities. You don't need to take an exam to get into these. I could go on.........I'm a mind of information when it comes to schools :lol: :lol:
I would love to find out about th American/Canadian school system........ :?: :?: My eldest daughter would like to eventually go to America to take a PostGraduate......... :wink: I told her to go and see a bit of the world while you're young :wink:

End of lecture :lol: :lol:

Nite, nite
Jules x
Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #349
sara

Education.. bad topic in Italy... :?
You know, we had a few terrific reforms in the school systems in these days.. and chaos reigns everywhere. :evil:
Changes should make things better, not worse....
Anyway, my dream was becoming teacher and teaching foreign languages at high school.. but after these new laws I gave up.. it was a pity but I had no alternatives. The only way to survive is to find the way to teach in private instituts.. but you need to have some "help"( :evil: ) from "important people" to manage it.....

Poor little sweet Italy of me...
:roll:

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

"Life: my favorite occupation." --- Dirk Benedict
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #350
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

How interesting Jules and Su!!!

Well here you have first of all Kindergarten... it's almost a shame for being a mother who is not working but who want's to raise their children.
It's very interesting to see in time were this will end... because behaviour problems are coming more more more and more. For university student's in my education this would be very interesting.
I believe Kindergarten is from 6 weeks... (baby) untill 4 (Dutch)

Than you have from 4 to 11/12 (I believe this is called preliminery school (please correct my spelling...
As far as I know... we don't have private school's and the children may choose their own clothing.
But we do have Catholic school, Christian schools, special school's for disabled kids ADHD, Autism etc., euhm school's with a specific way of thinking. More from social learning less exams (Montessori) and on. If the children are coming in group 8 a desicion need to be made from what school (level) will come next. To say it very abstract... low level, medium level, high level, very high level. Low and medium will take 4 years, high level 5 and very high 6 years (all payed by the goverment) except trips and sometimes books.

Than it is more difficult to explain. With the very high level you can go straight to the university. With high level to one level lower called in Dutch HBO. Medium level you go to MBO. University and HBO are payed by a very great deal through the goverment. If we need to pay it I would never be able to go to the HBO.If you parent's are rich, than you get less money from the goverment. If your parent's don't have much money like mine than you get allot. But you need to get your education finished in a certain amount of time. I do some longer and my money is not getting free anymore I need to pay back. But not sooner than I have a job.

This was my lecture... questions are welcome hihih!

Much Love Adriana

Were stays Sara... I miss my twin sister, today I have passed a very diffcult exam!!!! I scored 23 or 24 point out of 27!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bon apetit!
Low level first you can go aswell to to MBO.