LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Cruises and Conventions

Cruises and Conventions Here we can discuss Dirk and his appearances on little boats and large show rooms!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Thumbs up Fall 2011 Appearances

Greetings, Dirk fans!

Here is the information about Dirk's upcoming appearances I could only hint at the other day. He will be here:

KnightCon
Leeds, UK
Oct.1st

https://www.knightconuk.co.uk/

F.A.C.T.S Convention
Ghent, Belgium
October 22nd and 23rd

https://www.facts.be/

Lucca Comics and Games ( Imperial Crown Alliance )
Lucca, Italy ( near Pisa )
October 28th-Nov. 1st

https://lucca2011.luccacomicsandgames.com/index.php?id=1

(This one is in Italian, and I don't speak or read the language...)

You lucky devils...

I am
Dawg

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Emily

Cool Re: Fall 2011 Appearances

I really appreciate the information Dawg ... Thanks ... I think Dirk deserves his fans be well informed so we can join him ever since we can !!

Em
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #3
Beverly

Default Re: Fall 2011 Appearances

I am Beverly from US, Tenn. I keep asking and watching why Dirk never comes back to the US where he got his start. We are his biggest fans weather he realizes it or now. He never comes home. Most of us like me can't affort to come to your country to see Dirk and Dwight when he is over there. Not fair you guys get him all to yourself. I have been a fan for over 30 years and have seen every Battlestar, A-team and movies he's made.

We just want him to come home and give us a chance to show him our love and support to. Especially me. Let Dirk know how much I have loved, supported him. He's a wonderful father and great role model for others to follow. Thank you my friends. I know he probable won't ever see this, but if Racheal Davies gets it, I bet she will make sure he gets it. Love you Dirk!
Old 09-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Tracy

Beverly,

If you would like to see Dirk at a convention in the US or close to your area, perhaps you could find out if there are any sci-fi based conventions that he could be invited to? Actors are usually invited to conventions, so it depends on which convention and in which part of the world the convention is in.
It appears that the conventions Dirk has been invited to attend of late just happen to be outside the United States.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
Emily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly View Post
I am Beverly from US, Tenn. I keep asking and watching why Dirk never comes back to the US where he got his start. We are his biggest fans weather he realizes it or now. He never comes home. Most of us like me can't affort to come to your country to see Dirk and Dwight when he is over there. Not fair you guys get him all to yourself. I have been a fan for over 30 years and have seen every Battlestar, A-team and movies he's made.

We just want him to come home and give us a chance to show him our love and support to. Especially me. Let Dirk know how much I have loved, supported him. He's a wonderful father and great role model for others to follow. Thank you my friends. I know he probable won't ever see this, but if Racheal Davies gets it, I bet she will make sure he gets it. Love you Dirk!
Hi Beverly !! Don't cry darling ... Dirk has been lately in the US too... Only 4 month ago He attended Motor City Comic – Con along with Richard Hatch. I remember people twitting Dirk's line where the longest in the whole con and way larger than Richard's ... Although I've always hated comparisons. I mean … It’s not a context !

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Old 09-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

I am very sorry to report that Dirk has had to postpone his trip and so will not be able to appear at KnightCon in Leeds, UK, after all.

More later, as information becomes available. (Boy, that sounds right off the 6 O'clock News, doesn't it?)

I am
Dawg

Old 09-22-2011, 05:51 AM   #7
Emily

Unhappy Re: Fall 2011 Appearances

Oh … Man !! That's SAD !!! Is Dirk ok ?? Is He sick ? And what about the other fall appearances ? I already bought my plane tickets to Belgium for FACTS in October !!!

Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 AM   #8
natsyangel

The Knightcon site says he's had to cancel as he is unwell.
Poor Dirk. I hope hes ok. I'll be sending my healing wishes.
natsyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #9
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Don't worry, he's going to be fine. He won't be able to travel until sometime after KnightCon, though, so he had to cancel that appearance.

And I can tell you that Dirk doesn't like to cancel.

I am
Dawg

Old 09-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #10
Zilfstar
Dutch Dirkaholic

I hope he will be better for the FACTS in Gent by then! Want to thank him (again) for our private meet with my husband and kids in London last december.

Our family "themes":

1: It's a party every day (you never know when it might end)
2: We are never in a hurry (if you keep running you might miss the important stuff)
3: All is Yin and Yang, but don't forget to chew. (DB signing first book)
4: Sharing the Sorrow, Spreading the Joy (DB signing second book )
Zilfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #11
Christy

Very Happy to hear it's not a serious illness.
I wish him a speedy recovery!
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:32 AM   #12
natsyangel

Glad its not serious. Get well soon Dirk xxxxx
natsyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #13
Emily

Yeah I agree ... Get well soon dear Dirk !!!

Hugs & Kisses so you can have a quickly recover ... You'll be in my prayers as you’re in my heart ...

Lv,

Em

Last edited by Emily; 09-27-2011 at 02:55 PM..
Old 10-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #14
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

OK, I have the latest news. Emily, Zilfstar, pay attention:

Confirmed: Dirk will be at F.A.C.T.S. in Ghent, October 22 and 23. And the Comic and Games show in Lucca.

I like being the bringer of good news.

ALSO:

I've got brand-new news, too. Another appearance, this one in Ferrera, Italy on November 6:

Galacticon Five: https://battlestargalactica.it/galacticon5/

This is the link to the English version - if you read Italian, the "Home" link will take you to the Italian-language pages. Which I recommend you do, if you read Italian.

Anyway, watch that site for the scheduling specifics, and if I get any additional information, too, I'll let you know.

I am
Dawg

Old 10-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #15
Emily

Smile Re: Fall 2011 Appearances

Boy !!!!! You really enlighten my days !!!! As I said I alredy got my "2" plane tickets to get to know Dirk @ FACTS !!!!

When I opened this post I was terrified it was the opposite news ....

I'm SO happy Dirk is feeling better by now & able to travel ...

Ahhhh ... Only 3 weeks to go ...

Lv,

Em
Old 10-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #16
Zilfstar
Dutch Dirkaholic

YES!!!! Thanks you for that good news Dawg!. Now I can buy my tickets

Emily: when are you going to be at FACTS? We are going on sunday 23th.

Our family "themes":

2: We are never in a hurry (if you keep running you might miss the important stuff)
Old 10-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #17
Emily

I'll be there both dates: Saturday 22 & Sunday 23 ... I'll send you private message girl !

Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #18
Beverly

It's a shame when you live in a small town in the USA, state of Tenn. We never get the opportunities to see Dirk. Guess he feels we don't count somehow to try a smaller town. He's from a small town himself. But I still love hime so much and I hope he is feeling better and his son's are doing great. we have no way to meet him. we can't afford trips to Europe. I have been is biggest hippie fan for over 30 years.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #19
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Quote:
It's a shame when you live in a small town in the USA, state of Tenn. We never get the opportunities to see Dirk. Guess he feels we don't count somehow to try a smaller town. He's from a small town himself. But I still love hime so much and I hope he is feeling better and his son's are doing great. we have no way to meet him. we can't afford trips to Europe. I have been is biggest hippie fan for over 30 years.
I don't think he thinks you 'don't count'. No way!!! But honestly - how many small towns - or even small cities - have SF or comic conventions? I live just over an hour from a major city (two, actually) and neither of them has had a convention of that nature of any size or consequence. So I watch for the ones anywhere nearby and hope I find out early enough to save up the money (and get the time off). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But it's absolutely no reflection on Dirk.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #20
Zilfstar
Dutch Dirkaholic

I KNOW to Dirk counts every fan! He loves to meet people. Really. Now I am happy to be living in Europe, but please... I live in the Netherlands and he is attending a con in Belgium. I have to travel almost 2 hours to go to that con. And I even went so far as to travel to London (England) last december to see him perform on stage. It's not as if in Europe everything is close by. Although it is smaller then the whole USA.

I understand it is difficult for fans in the USA (or other countries) that he is in Europe right now (although the rest of all the good actors never come to Europe! So you are in luck over there). But that is where he is, with his reasons.

And here the Dutch Star Con has NOT been held in four years. The only Cons we have are the one in Gent (Belgium), one in Germany and as I now learned one in Italy. And then we only get al handfull of actors over there.

I really think it is going a bit far to say: to Dirk you don't count. He is not obligated to his fans to make sure they are able to meet him. He has his work and his own business to attend to. I think it is already nice of him (and any actor for that matter) to make time to go to cons etc to make it able for fans to meet and greet.

Our family "themes":

Old 10-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #21
Tracy

I think it would be fair to say that Dirk Benedict is only one person and of course can't visit every single fan in every single city. Dirk attends the conventions he's INVITED to, and for a lot of people, they are simply too far away. That in no way diminishes his appreciation for ALL of his fans, no matter where they may be.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #22
Beverly

I only meant that people like me who have been his biggest fans for over 30 years, we miss him very much and we know we will never get a chance to meet him or even have him email some of us who has stood by him during his good times and bad. My dying wish is to meet him. If I can't at least get an email. I have problems with my liver and I know I will never get to meet him or even talk to him on the phone. Dirk is my hero for being the father he is. My daughters father just left us. I can handle the hurt, but she couldn't. That's why he is so wonderful in everything he does. Please tell him Beverly Perkins in Church hill,TN sends her love. The ole hillybilly(hippie)
Old 10-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #23
elainesteel

I'll be at FACTS both days as well so maybe see some of you there!

Elaine.

"No one is going to save you, you have to save yourself. No one is going to give you anything, you have to go out and fight for it. No one knows what you want except you, and no one will be as sorry as you if you don't get it. So, don't give up your dreams!" - Barry Manilow
elainesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #24
Beverly

I understand why people in the US cannot see Dirk. Here's a thought. Why can't he come over here and be on a talk show and we can at least see him? Also, is Dirk planning to retire in the UK or will he ever come home to Montana. He and Dwight would be great on a live talk show over here. Love Ya Dirk and Dwight, Love Beverly the ole hippie hillybilly from Tenn
Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #25
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
I understand why people in the US cannot see Dirk. Here's a thought. Why can't he come over here and be on a talk show and we can at least see him? Also, is Dirk planning to retire in the UK or will he ever come home to Montana. He and Dwight would be great on a live talk show over here. Love Ya Dirk and Dwight, Love Beverly the ole hippie hillybilly from Tenn
Hey, Beverly - As we've explained before, where and when Dirk appears depends entirely on when and where that convention is held, whether it conflicts with previous commitments, and - most importantly, to my mind - whether or not Dirk is invited to attend. The same holds true for other appearances as well, be it in person, in studio, over the phone, etc.

Right now, Dirk is getting invitations to appear at European conventions. A-Team, in particular, is very popular in Europe. He's also got a son presently in Europe, so it stands to reason he's going to be spending time over there. Does that mean he's abandoning the US for Europe? Of course not.

I have always encouraged anyone who would like to have Dirk appear at a convention to contact that convention and talk to them about it. If they want to invite him, they are welcome to - I know Dirk appreciates every single invitation, and genuinely wants to attend those conventions.

I am
Dawg