LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
DonnaRedRockMom

Default Just a quick personal update

Hi everyone...it has been a while since I last "hung out" here....I missed all of you....I have kept up thanks to a few that are "friends" on myspace....wow so much has happened...I might need to start blogging....I do so from time to time on mypsace & facebook

let me start with just the highlights...if you want to know more send pm to me & I will answer

2 of my kids got married last year....my oldest was married on Sept 8...and my 2nd oldest married on Oct 6...let me say 2 weddings a month apart is very hard but lots of fun

my youngest left for school 7 hours away...it seemed like all he got to do was run back and forth for weddings and things....he got thru it and still made great grades in school

my only daughter was in both weddings and loved getting 2 sisters...they are all so close....after 3 brothers she is very happy with sisters....she recently moved into her first apartment last week....it still seems strangely quite around here

but the quiet did not last long...my youngest returned home for the summer....he will now transfer to a school in West Palm Beach...Palm Beach Atlantic...he will continue to study music....he is a singer songwriter and is also getting a degree in marketing as well as contemporary performance

so my wonderful husband & I will find ourselves alone again in the fall....it is like starting over...we will have been married 30 year in August

....but wait then things change again...for my 50th birthday (yes I am one of those women that do not have a problem with my age)...I got a very special gift from son #2 and his wife....a picture frame that says I love my grandma and a little card where the pic goes that says due January 2009....yes I get to be a grandparent

so as you can see a lot has happened since I last posted....I hope each of you have great stories of your lives to share as well....one of my favorite things about here is the way se all support one another....and yes Dirk you have set the tone for that...so hey everyone lets here the great things happening in your lives

I am also hoping to get back to chats...I see there have been a few...or at least it seems there have been...let me know details & I will try to join in

lots of love,
Donna
and don't forget to "take care"...if you dont no one else will for you!!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Default Re: Just a quick personal update

I was beginning to wonder....

Congratulations, grandma!!! That's wonderful news. Come January, you'll have so much fun being a grandparent you'll wonder why you even bothered with the "parent" part in the first place.

Remember - spoiling them rotten then handing them back to Mom & Dad to deal with is part of the job description of a grandmother.

See you around here a bit more often, then?

I am
Dawg

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote