LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > DBC Information > Website News & Updates

Website News & Updates Changes and/or additions to DirkBenedictCentral will be posted here.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Tracy

Post Regarding Fan Mail

Dear Friends,

Over the years, Dirk has received your good wishes and requests for autographs, etc. But alas...as they say "All good things must come to an end". Therefore, Dirk is retiring his autograph pen with regards to requests sent to him in Big Sky country. Not to despair! If you happen to catch him at a convention in your area, he will have it at the ready.

So please be forwarned...ANY mail sent to him in Montana will no longer be answered. If you send precious memorabilia for his signature to be added to a favorite collection, it won't be coming back to you.

The e-mails via this website, for autographs and personal correspondence will also not be answered. Business requests and website queries ONLY please.

Dirk has informed, that he will be stopping by our forums blog section, from time to time, to post a note or two. A "Bard" of a different sort, but entertaining as always.

So! We appreciate your understanding and do know that all the "fan" fare has been, and continues to be appreciated, and we here at Dirk Benedict Central wish all the visitors good health, good luck and best wishes. :-)

Best regards,
The "D" Team
Old 04-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
asmay

Default Re: Regarding Fan Mail

Thanks Tracy, and duly noted. Looking forward to 'seeing/reading' Dirk on this forum sometime in the future.

Btw, nice touch: the 'D'-team! Love it!

BLISS is a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. (Anonymus)
LOVE is an illness, without which one does not feel well. (Marguerite Grépon)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real (John Armitage)
asmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Thanks for the information Tracy.
I also like the D team.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:17 AM   #4
Sarika
Siress/Warrior

It must be a lot to keep up with after all these years, and it's understandable why Dirk has made this decision. It is best not to spread ourselves too thin over too many commitments and promises. We all need time just for ourselves to recharge and rejuvenate too. To just allow ourselves be.

"There are those who believe that life here, began out there"..

Lotus Sunrise Designs
*Artist/Designer*

HSH Princess Sarika
*Her Serene Highness' Myspace*

The New Battlestar Galactica Club
*Fleet Commander Co-Admin*
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Hope the quiet inspires him to write for his own pleasure.
Thanks for the heads-up.
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:25 AM   #6
Zilfstar

Hey! Is there still an adress where you can just you know... send him stuff. I am (if I say myself) quite good at drawing. And like to send him a drawing or two. Just for him to keep (as he no longer comes in the Netherlands I guess) But wanna be sure it gets to him. So NO asking for autographs (I have those already, both books... and met him a few times) Just as a gift to him. Hope you can help me. Z

Our family "themes":

1: It's a party every day (you never know when it might end)
2: We are never in a hurry (if you keep running you might miss the important stuff)
3: All is Yin and Yang, but don't forget to chew. (DB signing first book)
4: Sharing the Sorrow, Spreading the Joy (DB signing second book )
Zilfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:32 PM   #7
ojai22

Good luck with that!

Last edited by ojai22; 09-27-2016 at 12:26 PM..
ojai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:25 PM   #8
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Well, I hate to be a party-pooper, but I have to tell you that there is no longer an active physical address where you can send something to Dirk.

Over the last couple of years I've seen a couple of addresses for him circulating on the internet, but anything sent to either of them will either get returned or dropped into a black hole, depending on a clerk's mood...

Sorry, Zilfstar.

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:44 AM   #9
Zilfstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pickard View Post
Well, I hate to be a party-pooper, but I have to tell you that there is no longer an active physical address where you can send something to Dirk.

Over the last couple of years I've seen a couple of addresses for him circulating on the internet, but anything sent to either of them will either get returned or dropped into a black hole, depending on a clerk's mood...

Sorry, Zilfstar.

OK so sorry to hear so. Unfortunately cannot go to meet him (also not in Germany...) and hand deliver it.. But thanks for the info John!

Our family "themes":

1: It's a party every day (you never know when it might end)
2: We are never in a hurry (if you keep running you might miss the important stuff)
3: All is Yin and Yang, but don't forget to chew. (DB signing first book)
4: Sharing the Sorrow, Spreading the Joy (DB signing second book )
Zilfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:44 AM   #10
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

So there is no way to ask the man a question? I'm not interested in autographs at all so that's not an issue for me haha
Nance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #11
Flygirl
Erin

It would be REALLY cool if he started blogging on this site - we could just comment in reply so he could read the comments at his leisure.

Does he ever actually read these threads?
Old 11-02-2016, 12:55 PM   #12
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

Oh yes... That would be fun. But I don't think he will.
Veteran's Day new
General fiction (80s era):
Hold Your Horses
Old 11-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #13
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
It would be REALLY cool if he started blogging on this site - we could just comment in reply so he could read the comments at his leisure.

I'd like that a lot
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:19 PM   #14
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance View Post
So there is no way to ask the man a question? I'm not interested in autographs at all so that's not an issue for me haha
Good to hear - but at the moment there's nothing there to weed through the self-serving mercenary stuff to get to the real fan interactions he'd enjoy. I think about that, sometimes...

Quote:

We'll just say he's been known to check things out around here, every now and then.

Quote:
Oh yes... That would be fun. But I don't think he will.
Why do you think that?

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #15
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

Quote:
Good to hear - but at the moment there's nothing there to weed through the self-serving mercenary stuff to get to the real fan interactions he'd enjoy. I think about that, sometimes...

We'll just say he's been known to check things out around here, every now and then.

Why do you think that?
Because he must be busy haha. What keeps me from sending fan mail is the fact that I don't know him at all. We know things about an actor but is that knowing? And he doesn't know us. So what would you talk about when you meet? The weather? I swear actors are almost like real people haha.

It must be virtually impossible to weed through the stuff. I'm not sure how many emails Dwight's board generates but it must be a lot. Even though the board itself seems to be wasting away there will always be people trying anyway.

I personally don't get the autograph thing. Then you have a signed item. Woohoo.... what to do with it afterwards...? I don't care for material stuff like that.

Maybe I can send him my autograph hahahaha just in case I ever get famous.
Veteran's Day new
Hold Your Horses

Last edited by Nance; 11-03-2016 at 12:20 AM..
Old 11-03-2016, 04:44 AM   #16
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Because he must be busy haha. What keeps me from sending fan mail is the fact that I don't know him at all. We know things about an actor but is that knowing? And he doesn't know us. So what would you talk about when you meet? The weather? I swear actors are almost like real people haha.

It must be virtually impossible to weed through the stuff. I'm not sure how many emails Dwight's board generates but it must be a lot. Even though the board itself seems to be wasting away there will always be people trying anyway.

I personally don't get the autograph thing. Then you have a signed item. Woohoo.... what to do with it afterwards...? I don't care for material stuff like that.

Maybe I can send him my autograph hahahaha just in case I ever get famous.
Yes, you're right. We don't really know them (or vice versa). I'd love to meet him though and talk about some other stuff besides the weather
And I don't want to do that just because he's 'famous'. Not at all! I respect him a lot for his work as an author for instance, so I'd love to talk about writing in general and some of the topics being discussed in his books. He strikes me as a person I could have an intelligent conversation with if you know what I mean.

I also think the board(s) generates lots of request by fans. I guess weeding through all that must be more than a fulltime job

I'm not the person to hunt for autographs either. But if I'm not mistaking, I think I already have his autograph in one of my books.

If you're planning on getting famous, I'd like your autograph too
Old 11-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #17
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
There's not much to do with it, but it's nice to have a memento when you meet someone who's made a positive impact on your life... The signed photos are OK, but I really treasure my signed copy of CKC.

There are 2 people whose autographs I care about - and I was lucky enough to get BOTH of them within the last year! Woo-hoo! I'm done with the autograph thing now, but I'll still go to see Dirk or Dwight speak anytime I can...
Old 11-03-2016, 09:20 AM   #18
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Really???

Dirk, if you are reading this...
  • Hi there! Please come back to Arizona.
  • Also, I would REALLY enjoy reading another blog from you. If the mood strikes. You're an amazing writer.
  • Also, I think you should have your own cruise out of San Diego or L.A. I'd start saving up immediately. Just saying.
  • Also, I would like you to consider doing an A-Team voice-over commentary with Dwight and Mr T.
  • Also, I just saw Georgia, Georgia for the first time last week, and I thought you were brilliant. Listened to the commentary with you and Stig Bjorkman and I agreed it would have been nice to see more of Michael's back story. And I agree the final editing was choppy. It's too bad they changed it so much from what the director's cut.
  • Also... Well I guess that's it. I just adore you. Have a nice day!
Old 11-03-2016, 10:52 AM   #19
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

Flyngirl you bad Girl! Shame on you haha

God no! I don't want to be famous. Maybe after I die like famous painters? then my autograph will be worth three times more.
Veteran's Day new
Hold Your Horses

Last edited by Nance; 11-03-2016 at 10:55 AM..
Old 11-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #20
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Really???

Dirk, if you are reading this...
  • Hi there! Please come back to Arizona.
  • Also, I would REALLY enjoy reading another blog from you. If the mood strikes. You're an amazing writer.
  • Also, I think you should have your own cruise out of San Diego or L.A. I'd start saving up immediately. Just saying.
  • Also, I would like you to consider doing an A-Team voice-over commentary with Dwight and Mr T.
  • Also, I just saw Georgia, Georgia for the first time last week, and I thought you were brilliant. Listened to the commentary with you and Stig Bjorkman and I agreed it would have been nice to see more of Michael's back story. And I agree the final editing was choppy. It's too bad they changed it so much from what the director's cut.
  • Also... Well I guess that's it. I just adore you. Have a nice day!
Let's hope he does
Old 11-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #21
LittleMonkeyDog

Thumbs up Re: Regarding Fan Mail

Quote:
Flyngirl you bad Girl! Shame on you haha

God no! I don't want to be famous. Maybe after I die like famous painters? then my autograph will be worth three times more.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:17 PM   #22
Flygirl
Erin

[QUOTE=Nance;20574]Flyngirl you bad Girl! Shame on you haha[QUOTE]

Old 07-06-2017, 05:44 AM   #23
RitaKydd

Exclamation Re: Regarding Fan Mail

Can anyone tell me if this situation continues? I would really like to send Dirk a letter.
Thank you
RitaKydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #24
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Yes, you're right. We don't really know them (or vice versa). I'd love to meet him though and talk about some other stuff besides the weather
And I don't want to do that just because he's 'famous'. Not at all! I respect him a lot for his work as an author for instance, so I'd love to talk about writing in general and some of the topics being discussed in his books. He strikes me as a person I could have an intelligent conversation with if you know what I mean.

I'm not the person to hunt for autographs either. But if I'm not mistaking, I think I already have his autograph in one of my books.
In the mean time it happened (I still almost can't believe it did!) !!! I've had the chance to talk to him. I was right about the intelligent conversation and my respect for him as a person as grown even more.

And no ... I'm still not a hunter for autographs, but I did get both my books signed and will treasure them for life AND I also got an extra autographed picture. This was just something I had to do for me and I'm proud I did.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #25
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
There's not much to do with it, but it's nice to have a memento when you meet someone who's made a positive impact on your life... The signed photos are OK, but I really treasure my signed copy of CKC.
I completely agree with you on all of this.