LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Movie and TV work reviews

Movie and TV work reviews For comments and reviews of Dirk's television, theater, and movie work.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Default Recon 7 Down

Has anybody further info on this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0906064/

They must have started working on this earlier on? Sounds like a really good role for him
Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Apparently this has just been released:

https://www.newswiretoday.com/news/13544/
Old 02-06-2007, 02:22 AM   #3
Ruth

Thanks for the info. I wonder when and if it will make it to the cinemas in the UK?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

I was wondering if anyone had heard more about this. Saw this article which mentions it, but I haven't seen a firm release date yet. :?:

https://www.pr.com/press-release/60089
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 AM   #5
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Probably the most accurate place to look out for news on R7D is
https://www.cheneyfilms.com/

There is a small test trailer (awful! :shock: :? ) of R7D on there, and there was an outtake with Dirk in it on YT, but not great either (I'm referring to the outtake, not Dirk of course :wink: ).

It seems that the film makers have moved on to other projects and that R7D has dropped down their list of priorities. Not even sure if they've actually 'finished' it yet :shock: and are just waiting for it to be picked up :? (IMHO) it looks likely to be a 'straight-to-cable' movie. :P

xx :lol:
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
ani
crazy Texan

It's a teeny tiny Indy film, so not so much straight to cable as "probably will never see wide release if it sees release at all"

Here's the youtube link:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=KggDhVKOnmw

Love the ducks ^__^
Do't be too harsh though, supposedly it an improv screen test, not an actual scene from the film.
So the girl voice is just there to cue Dirk's lines, and well *L* if you've watched the BSG outtakes and heard some of the voices used to just cue the actors, she's actually not that bad for a cue voice

(if anyone knows the actual term remind. me. I know there's one but offhand it escapes me)
ani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #7
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

THANKS! for posting that link. I was just watching that a few minutes ago.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:47 AM   #8
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani
It's a teeny tiny Indy film, so not so much straight to cable as "probably will never see wide release if it sees release at all"

Here's the youtube link:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=KggDhVKOnmw

Love the ducks ^__^
Do't be too harsh though, supposedly it an improv screen test, not an actual scene from the film.
So the girl voice is just there to cue Dirk's lines, and well *L* if you've watched the BSG outtakes and heard some of the voices used to just cue the actors, she's actually not that bad for a cue voice

(if anyone knows the actual term remind. me. I know there's one but offhand it escapes me)
Ahh! That explains it!
Alas, another Dirk film many of us are unlikely to see!
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #9
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Default Re: Recon 7 Down

So, I was curious about this film, so I streamed it. I think this is the worst one I've seen yet and let me explain why. It starts out with Dirk's character and his daughter sitting at a picnic table and talking about his experience in WWII. Had it continued that way, i think it would have been fine. Dirk was very soft-spoken when recounting the "experience", just the way most soldiers would be when they are remembering horrible times. This part of the movie was very realistic and the way Dirk talks at conventions remembering events from his past.

The movie then cuts to scenes from WWII. It reminds me of something I would see in high school. The transitions were very choppy and it was hard to figure out why they took you there. There is some German mixed in with the English, but nothing like it would have been in real life. "Nein. I speak no English". Wirklich! Ich kann besser Deutsch sprechen! and I didn't grow up in Germany.

It took over an hour for the movie to actually hold my attention. I wanted to see what happened to Dirk's character in the end, so I actually paid attention.

I've listened to my father talk about his service in Europe. It was during peace-time, so nothing horrific, but we had to ask him about his time there. He doesn't talk about it often.

The ending was nice in that Dirk and "his daughter" walk off the set together. It gave the impression that they were closer after sharing the experience.

Last edited by Vballspieler; 05-21-2017 at 01:50 PM..
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:15 AM   #10
Flygirl
Erin

Default Re: Recon 7 Down

Interesting! Well, it's on Amazon Prime now, don't know if the video quality is better but I will check it out, just because. Thanks for the review, VBS!
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote