LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Fanorama

Fanorama For fan fiction, artwork, bits and bobs, etc.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #2476
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Default Taking it easy today...

HI EVERYONE
Taking it easy today.
Overpartied during the Holidays, New Year's eve and with unexpected visitors and extra IT work.
Taking some well deserved time off today.
How you like me new avi? This is courtesy of my friend Shastastar, she sent me an image of Starbuck and I made an avatar out of it.
Cute little bugger, ain't he?
Changed my signature to go along with the avatar.
My favourite Starbuck quote.

HUGS

Last edited by bibbi; 01-02-2009 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: typo
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #2477
Lucia Helena

Default Re: Taking it easy today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbinut View Post
HI EVERYONE
Taking it easy today.
Overpartied during the Holidays, New Year's eve and with unexpected visitors and extra IT work.
Taking some well deserved time off today.
How you like me new avi? This is courtesy of my friend Shastastar, she sent me an image of Starbuck and I made and avatar out of it.
Cute little bugger, ain't he?
Changed my signature to go along with the avatar.
My favourite Starbuck quote.
HUGS
Hi, Bi, happy new year!

Your new avatar is simply beautiful.
Starbuck is intense and eternal as called one of my albums.
Shasta is a love ...
I love your choice ....
Have a great day!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #2478
shastastar
Wondergirl...Game face on

Default Re: Where would U go this Summer Holiday...and WHY?

Thanks ya'll are embarrasing me. I am so humbled that bibbinut changed her avatar. I have been doing some screen caps, lately from A-Team and Classic BSG,( bibbi's avatar, that was a screen capture from the gun from ice planet zero part one) if anyone wants to be on the distribution list for such screen caps, let me know via PM, I cap Richard Hatch as well, so let me know if you are interested in that. I have been sending them out kind of randomly to people who I thought would appreciate them, but am more than willing to share the wealth with anyone who is interested.

Peace Love Hope Faith and bancha

SS
Run and imagine yourself like a tree in the wind, flexing bending flowing with the same motion as the wind. Imagine your arms as branches harnessing the wind and adding to your power. Imagine your legs like the trunk firmly anchored yet moving slowly subtly reacting to your environment, standing strong but not fighting the surrounding. Working where you are planted to grow and flourish no matter what the conditions are. Using the talents blessed unto you by your creator
shastastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #2479
Flash
Master of Disaster

Location: not yet where I want to be, but hey...I'll get there!

Hey Shastastar, your screencaps are really great! So why don't you share them with all DBC members in the respective threads? Just a suggestion, but there is 'The official Starbuck picture thread' in BSG classic and the 'Is Face sexy?' thread in The Fab Four, which were created for exactly that reason
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 AM   #2480
asmay

There we are again, getting used to the new year. Is it me, or is time really flying lately? Sort of have the feeling I cannot get all things done in a day anymore, like I'm running the marathon all the time (maybe it's just old age?). Before you know it, Easter will be gone, Summer will fly by and it will be time to put the Christmas tree up again ....

I'm glad everyone here made it safe and sound into 2009. Btw love the idea Flash, Mars ruling this year! It's also an 11 year (2+9) for the numerologists among you, which will surely provide an extra dimension. So I truly hope this year will bring positive energy, growth, progress, love in your lifes (or a love life ) and above all peace. (Let's not forget Mars is also a quarrelsome war god.)

And thanks to all who liked my new pictures of the beach in wintertime in my little part of the world!

BLISS is a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. (Anonymus)
LOVE is an illness, without which one does not feel well. (Marguerite Grépon)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real (John Armitage)
asmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #2481
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

Better late then never!!! Happy new year to all my friends here!!!

Coming thursday I have a meeting for applying for a job, I still need to prepare myself. But I am too busy again putting my nose in horse stuff

How are Su and Jules??????? I hope everything is allright! Also with the famous DBC Littly

Here it is rainy and cold. Everybody get's crazy in Holland about the 11 Stedentocht in Friesland. This is a tour from 200 km on ice through 11 city's in Friesland and it happen to really close passing our house. My father says everybody is nut's because there has to be really thick ice and now it's nothing.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:12 AM   #2482
asmay

Skating fever! The weather forecast predicted a few days with frost at night and the skates factories were doing overtime trying to keep up with the demand .... Although not a fan myself, I know what you mean! For the skaters among us: conditions look reasonably well this week with temperatures dropping to approx. -15 degrees C tonight in these parts. (I know, it doesn't come close to the low temperatures you have in Canada, Northern USA and even Northern UK and Germany, but for here it's pretty cold. ) Seems Winter has finally caught up with us ....

Old 01-05-2009, 06:46 AM   #2483
Sharon

Hello everyone! We are finally having temperatures that are somewhat normal...still hovering between -8 and -20, but we are getting snow this week...so it is more manageable than -40! Back to school today! the kids are happy to go back and see their friends.
We had a great holiday, and I hope everyone else did!
Have a really good Monday and take care!
hugs to all
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #2484
Arciris

Hi!! Happy New Year to all!!!
My New Year well, calmed, relax..4 days out.
Like Adri say, better late than never. I see you've had a good entrance to the New Year. My friends, I wish a beautiful year in special about health, job and happiness, the most important.
About the weather..In the News they say we'll have snow today, in all areas,and really, it's very cold these days, in special today..4ºC now, cloudly and rainy for the moment.
Adri, bad ice, yeah.. Take care, please. Stay warm. Too for Asmay. Well for job!! I'm looking too for another the next week, the others wasn't going to good place..I hope now yes.
I've read it's snowing too in many areas in UK and in Germany.

Sharon, well for your degrees, a little more high..But, you know, for us here this is much cold.

Thanks to all for your wishes about 2009! The same for you!
To all DBC friends, have a nice day!
Today is the ThreeKings Epiphany Day, so, it's an off day too. The last of Chistmas Days. Tomorrow kids are to school already too.
Take care!
Esther.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:06 AM   #2485
Sharon

Good Morning Everyone!
How is everyone? I am fine....busy at work re-stocking the store and setting up Valentines. Hard to believe it will be here so fast.
The weather is snowy and cold.
The kids have gone back to school and already there are field trip forms and special breakfasts and choir!
I hope everyone has a great day...the weekend is almost here, yeah!
Take care
Sharon
Old 01-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #2486
deebeelicious
Asset Security

It was a bit chilly on Tuesday night, down to -12 oC in Oxfordshire - at least one of the 'Great Lakes' of the Lake District - Derwentwater - froze, and so too did the docks at Bristol, and the harbour at Falmouth. There was even sea ice off the coast of south-west England coast! Brrrrr!

I kept my heating on all night - I figured it was better to spend a couple of £ extra on heating than have frozen pipes!

One newscaster joked that parts of Antarctica were warmer!

Things a bit warmer now, only -4 oC at night!

Sharon - Valentine's Day! Next it will be Mardi Gras - yes I think I would enjoy lovely Carnival in Rio just now!

Best wishes
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #2487
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Question the days are going by too fast...

HI EVERYONE

Been having a busy, busy day. I don't know if I'm coming or going!
I see that Valentine ads and cards are already out.
Where'd the time go?
Hope everyone is doing fine and your loved ones and pets.

HUGS
Old 01-09-2009, 01:03 AM   #2488
Petra

Hi friends,
on Valentines day next month I will go to the opera "Carmen". I love the music of "Carmen", hope, the opera will be great

Here, it's very cold too. But on weekend it should be a bit "hotter", well
PLUS 3C!

Hope, you are all well

Many Greetings

Petra
Petra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:15 AM   #2489
asmay

Petra, "Carmen", wow!! I envy you ... beautiful opera! I've seen "Carmen, the musical" and "Carmen, the ballet" but not the opera yet. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

Yes Winter has settled here as well. Southeast parts of the Netherlands are covered in snow and are having night temperatures of -17 to -23 degrees C. In my parts it's a bit 'warmer' (-4 to -8) but the fog is a bit of a spoil sport though, can't see more than 50 to 100 m (and it also makes the roads and pavements slippery).

Fog and frost also make my cardoor (and lock) freeze tight every time ... so I have to climb in from the passenger's seat nowadays. But these are only small discomforts. Sofar I've only had one day (!) of snow in my area and although I like to look at snow, some of the stories on this board about thick layers of snow, having to shovel every time ... Not so keen on it now, so I'm not complaining.

Hope everyone is doing fine, surviving these Winter conditions .... Or in Lucia´s case: enjoy your sunny holiday!

Last edited by asmay; 01-09-2009 at 02:22 AM..
Old 01-09-2009, 06:05 AM   #2490
Arciris

Hello friends!
Yes..We're having much cold, eh? Ladies..-12...-5..Aghhh. The most low degree here was -3 last Wednesday but near here was about -8 mor or less.. Well, it's winter but degrees are extreme...And I see in your places very much that here..Stay warm, please. The day before yesterday we had snow!! In the city only ice but in the mountains around here it was snow. I've photos. For the moment I put three. I hope the link be working.
https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2uzwch1&s=5
https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z35pn5&s=5
https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2d18imb&s=5
Well, it's not comparable with where you live but for to be here it was the most cold day in all winter, for the moment..

Wow, Valentine's Day. I didn't remember!! The next month, yet? Like Anne say, where's the time going?

Take care from virus please, me too..With these colds they're running very fast..aghh.
I'm working finally in a new place..But they say to me it's for a little time..I hope to try for another thing and to have luck.

How is going your 2009? I hope well!
Petra, "Carmen". Well done!! My parents went a few years ago to see it. They say it's soooo beautiful.

To all DBC without exception: Have a nice day and best weekend!! We hope degrees be growing up the next days.
Take care.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #2491
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

It's indeed very cold here! It's nice to sit next to the fireplace

My interview didn't work out for a job application... I had to less experience... some how working in horses in much more easy...
But I keep on trying to find work!

Hmm Esther as long as you have work enjoy!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #2492
Lucia Helena

Hello my friends!
I hope everyone is happy, very good health and enjoying the first weeks of the new year.
Here where I live the weather is very good. The temperature is around 30 degrees Celsius.
A bright and blessed the weekend for all!

Last edited by Lucia Helena; 01-10-2009 at 09:55 AM..
Lucia Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:42 AM   #2493
Sharon

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all in good health and spirits!
It has been a busy weekend so far. Our cat finally came home...Heratio got out and was gone for over 4 days, but he showed up yesterday, a little scratched up and very hungry. In the meantime, was at the hospital for my mother. Nothing is wrong with her, just that her alzheimer's is getting worse and she tried to leave the hospitalon her own, so they called me to stay with her.
All is ok for now! Now I have to catch up on chores today that I didn't finish yesterday.
Weather is good for now....+1 yesterday, wooohooo!
Back to work tomorrow. I hope everyone has a fine day. Take care and I'll hopefully get time to chat today or next sunday.
Hugs to all and stay safe!
Old 01-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #2494
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Smile Taking it easy today...

HI EVERYONE
Taking it easy today. Had a very busy week and was away for part of the weekend.
The weather is cold and sunny. I can't wait for Spring.
Hope everyone is doing fine and your loved ones and pets.

HUGS!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #2495
asmay

At the moment winter seems to have gone in my little part of the world; it looks like autumn outside: stormy weather, rain, grey skies, temp. of +5 to +9 C. All the beautiful 'frosted' trees are bare again ... On the other hand, at least I can get into my car again as the ice on (and in?) both doors has now thawed away.

Is it me or is January a bit of a dull 'in between' month? 'Holiday/party month' December is gone, shops are taking stock again, companies are in the midst of closing the accounts on 2008, schools have started their mid term semester, in other words it's back to business and Spring still seems to be a long time away ...

Just curious: how do you all feel about this? Any other views on the matter at hand?

Old 01-13-2009, 04:02 AM   #2496
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmay View Post
Is it me or is January a bit of a dull 'in between' month?
I don't know if it's an 'in between' month or a 'let down' month From autumn cleanup through holiday madness - and then nothing. And still 2-1/2 months of cold and snow before we see any signs of spring... Definitely a time just to be gotten through.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:35 AM   #2497
Arciris

Hello DBC friends!!
Like you say, december has passed!! Fast! Where the time has gone?

Adri, so sorry for the job..I understand to you..It's a vicious circle..If they say we don't have experience..Or less than another person..Okey..But if they don't give an opportunity..We don't have never experience..Well, patience for us..And good luck with another projects! I'm sure you'll have luck. You dererve it!! Working in horses, I know you love this too!!
I've my actual job still but it's for a few weeks, so..I'm looking for another without luck for the moment. Things are thus in these times..

Sara, thanks so much about what you know...I've "it" and another from me will be flying in a few days.

Sharon, I've just read your post. I'm happy your mother is okey! A big kiss for you and she. I know..This illness is a long way sometimes..My grandmother had it and this want many love. I'm sure you have it. Take care.

Yes, ladies..Weather is a little more warm here too. About 9ºC is okey. But we've much humidity, a pity for bones..My mother has pain in her bones more than usual..I wait for spring too!

And...Where is Su?? When was she coming?? Suuu, I miss you! I hope you had a beautiful holidays if you are coming back already and, please, when you can, let us know.

Ostarella, Lucia, Asmay, Anne, Petra, Karin, Deebee, Shasta and everyone, have a nice day!!
Esther.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #2498
Sharon

Hi Esther, thank you for your kind words. Yes, this disease is awfull! It can be very trying at times and so much can happen to them. I hope you have a very nice day!
This site sure has been quiet lately!
We were all so chatty before the holidays and now everyone is busy again.
Have a great day, all. I, too have to get to work.
Hugs to all!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #2499
Lucia Helena

Hello friends, I hope you all have a great week.
Here in Sao Paulo the temperature is around 35 ° C.
I let a little of the heat of Brazil for each of you.
A big kiss and flowers from Brasil to all!

Hey OSTARELLA ... Have a super birthday! Many health and peace ...
Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #2500
shastastar
Wondergirl...Game face on

Hey all!!!! I agree with Asmay blah time, except there are some really good sales going on right now in the stores here in america. We are all back in the swing of things with the kids back to school / activities etc. It has been raining and the ground has gotten really muddy here.

And for Texas the weather has been cold, cold and gray. I have almost gotten used to getting up at 5AM for a workout ( now that I am on week 2 of doing the early mornings, when I was previously doing afternoons) so that is my big excitement.

happy birthday ostarella

Anyhow Peace Love Faith Hope and bancha

SS
Run and imagine yourself like a tree in the wind, flexing bending flowing with the same motion as the wind. Imagine your arms as branches harnessing the wind and adding to your power. Imagine your legs like the trunk firmly anchored yet moving slowly subtly reacting to your environment, standing strong but not fighting the surrounding. Working where you are planted to grow and flourish no matter what the conditions are. Using the talents blessed unto you by your creator
shastastar is offline   Reply With Quote