LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Fanorama

Fanorama For fan fiction, artwork, bits and bobs, etc.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #2576
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Default Re: Where would U go this Summer Holiday...and WHY?

I was watching that on the news last night.
I'm saying a prayer for those people in Australia.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 AM   #2577
Arciris

Hello to all, friends!

First, I'm shocked too for the big fires in Australia... Horrible success..Praying for them, too.

Deebee, what a bad weather in UK!! Stay warm, please and take care with roads. Snow and ice are very dangerous. I hope today it be better.
Here the weather is bad in the north and West of Spain but not here. Cloudly, wind but not so much. This winter is a little fool, isn't it??

Ostarella, Tracy, Lucia, Asmay, Sharon, Anne, how are you? Not much hard work. Srping little by little is coming..I know, still a few weeks but less for spring!!

I was feeling a little badly the last days..Not cold but headache, etc..for the low presion in the weather..I think I need spring too.

Su, a big special kiss for you.
Adri, Sara, I miss you too.

Karin, Jules, and you?

I've just read the new about Dirk's Trip this summer! Wow! This is great! What luck who can go in it! I hope so.

Have a nice day and take care everybody.
Esther.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:46 AM   #2578
asmay

There're the climate changes we've been dreading: too cold, too hot, too wet, too dry, too many storms all over world and in the wrong places. And with all the loss of lifes these extreme conditions cause ... not a pretty picture. Those bush fires in Australia, a real nightmare.

But we have to carry on, wherever we live. In moments like these I'm particularly grateful for the weather conditions remaining pretty normal in my little part of the world and not having to deal with such extremes (yet anyway).

BLISS is a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. (Anonymus)
LOVE is an illness, without which one does not feel well. (Marguerite Grépon)
FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real (John Armitage)
asmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #2579
dbukfan

Exclamation Cold/Windy Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciris View Post
Hello to all, friends!

I was feeling a little badly the last days..Not cold but headache, etc..for the low presion in the weather..I think I need spring too.

Su, a big special kiss for you.
Adri, Sara, I miss you too.

Karin, Jules, and you?

I've just read the new about Dirk's Trip this summer! Wow! This is great! What luck who can go in it! I hope so.

Have a nice day and take care everybody.
Esther.
Hola Esther

Big hugs to you, Lucia Helena and ALL too..many thanks for thinking of me..I'm ok..odds good days..sad few days..but gettin' better as time goes by...been pretty heavy snow fall in UK...off work/school for nearly whole last wk...car's a bit skiddin' today

BTW...get in touch with Jules....she asked me to pass BIG HUGS to all @ DBC...she's been v busy with life..and moving home in few months time...and will try to get back in touch here when she can.

Must dash...school run again!

Take care and Have a nice day to all!
A Presto

Su...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #2580
Sharon

Hi Su! Glad to hear from you! It will take time, as we have all said and understand, but I know from experience that it does get easier!
I'm sure Jules is very busy...give her our hugs and best wishes please!
weather is good here, for a change...but some little bits of snow is coming again with some colder weather!
I quit my job, yeah! I love the people and I like what I do, but they have changed the policy and now I am being made to work a cash register....but I can't due to my troubles with my knee.
If i stay in one spot and can't be mobile, my knee locks and I am in major pain....so it hurts to stand there for lengthy periods of time. We were told that if you don't comply when asked to go on the cash, you get a warning and if you don't comply for a second time, you get let go.....so, I quit!
My husband and kids are happy that I will have some time at home for awhile....me too!
Maybe now I can catch up on the house and some much needed ME time.
Everyone take care in the bad weather, everywhere, ok!
Hugs to all of you, xoxo
Old 02-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #2581
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
Hi Su! Glad to hear from you! It will take time, as we have all said and understand, but I know from experience that it does get easier!
I'm sure Jules is very busy...give her our hugs and best wishes please!
weather is good here, for a change...but some little bits of snow is coming again with some colder weather!
I quit my job, yeah! I love the people and I like what I do, but they have changed the policy and now I am being made to work a cash register....but I can't due to my troubles with my knee.
If i stay in one spot and can't be mobile, my knee locks and I am in major pain....so it hurts to stand there for lengthy periods of time. We were told that if you don't comply when asked to go on the cash, you get a warning and if you don't comply for a second time, you get let go.....so, I quit!
My husband and kids are happy that I will have some time at home for awhile....me too!
Maybe now I can catch up on the house and some much needed ME time.
Everyone take care in the bad weather, everywhere, ok!
Hugs to all of you, xoxo
I'm don't know what Canada's laws are, but in the US an employer can get into trouble for not making reasonable accommodations for an employee's physical issues. If they could reasonably assign you other duties that did not include standing in one place, you could sue them for not doing so.

But I don't know what they do in the Great White North about such things. Not with everybody living in igloos and stuff.....

I am
Dawg

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:46 AM   #2582
Sharon

Thanks Dawg! You are right, they are not allowed to do this, however, I feel they would just find some other excuse and probably let me go anyway...so... I spoke to our unemployment / employment people here and they said it would be ok to apply for benefits due to the change in the job requirements....Now it is on to bigger, better and a more challenging new chapter in my life!
Bye the way, our igloo is quite warm these days...it's so cozy with the fire going and all that ice for walls...makes for less dusting and vacuuming...lol!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:33 AM   #2583
asmay

Sharon, quite a change, quitting your job! But I guess you're right, if you fight them on this issue, they'll come up with another and in the end the employee always draws the short straw. Nevertheless, it's a pity when things have to end this way.

Can imagine your family will enjoy you being at home. Now I got all these pictures in my mind of you all sitting in a warm and cosy iglo, kettle on the fire, ceiling dripping lightly .....

Su, good to hear you're coping as well as can be expected. Well, hectic of everyday life will sort of help you in that respect also, I guess (as you have to be there for your littly, hubby, job etc. etc.). And good to hear about Jules, was afraid we lost her somewhere on the line.

Esther, hope you are feeling better again. I also get headaches when the air pressure is dropping, so I know what you mean. (First the headache and then the storm, rain, hail or whatever - not a fair combination). Take care!

Weekend is almost on our doorstep again! Hope everyone will have a nice time!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #2584
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Talking Wonderful news to share with all of you!

HI EVERYONE

I'm very pleased to announce that Richard Hatch has joined the Richard Hatch Fan Rec Room.
This is the message I received from him today.
Richard

myspace.com/merlinquest

Feb 12, 2009 8:09 PM

Of course. You did a great job. I love how professional it is. Thanks for all your hard work. Keep the faith and so say we all.

Richard

I asked him if I could announce his arrival.
I am so happy and excited I'm about to faint!

Last edited by bibbi; 02-12-2009 at 08:59 PM..
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #2585
Lucia Helena

Hi to all!
The sun is very lazy this weekend. He did not want to appear ...
Then came the rain and the temperature is more pleasant.
I wish to all my beloved friends and guests, a weekend special ... and with much love, of course!
Happy Valentine's day!

Last edited by Lucia Helena; 02-14-2009 at 11:15 AM..
Lucia Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #2586
UKJules

Default Hi to all DBC buddies........long time no see!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long delay!!!!......thought I would make a quick post......

Bless Su for the post above......life has been hectic here in Cambs with everything!!!!.....we're moving house March/April, so life is non stop at the moment......I'll try and pop by as and when time allows.....It looks like I have a lot to catch up with.....It'll take me ages to read all the posts!!!

Su.....A special big hug for you my dear.....I hope things are getting a little easier.....you are in my thoughts xxxx

Anyway, must dash.....Love to you all xxxx & Dirk

Jules xxxx
Old 02-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #2587
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

Jules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were are you moving to? Hopefully everything is fine!

Esther!!!!!!!!! You are such a sweet friend!!! Thanks for keep asking for me and Sara. I have a big card here for Sara, but the damn flu is keep hanging around here in the Netherlands and Germany... I was to sick to bring the card to the mailbox.

Any way, I am still around

Hopefully everybody is in good health!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:38 AM   #2588
Arciris

Hello everybody, my sweet friends on DBC.
Sorry..My computer wasn't working well..I'm still repairing it, little by little but I'm online again!

Su, it's nice to read to you. Thanks for your words and I wanted to say I'm thiniking very much of you and too with your family and in special with your littly. I'm happy to read things are getting a little better and don't go away, please. I know..It's very easy to say and difficult to try but I'm sure your littly is helping to you so much with her love and her smile.
I knew about the bad weather there, and snow...Keep warm, please. Spring is not far away yet!! A big special kiss for you.

Sharon, how I understand to you about job...You've reason. I agree with Dawg and Asmay too. Job Companies aren't thinking in the person, if not in the Company..It's a pity but thus is... Go up, please! I hope things are getting better!

Anne, thanks so much for let know us about Richard. This is fantastic he's replying your messages! I'm sure he's a nice person, like Dirk.

Hello Asmay! Thanks so much about headache. So, you know what it means. Is horrible, yes, but well, we deserve a better weather and spring, really? I'm better now. I hope you too!

Lucia, hello! Thanks for your beautiful words in the last post. Sorry but I wasn't online on Saturday for wish to all a Happy Valentine's Day. How about it? I hope it was a nice day for everybody here. Spain is celebrating this day on February 14 too, but here in Catalonia we celebrate it on April 23. I'll explain it when the day is arriving.

Jules, what happiness your post, too! Wow, moving house is much hard work!! I undersand if you've a little time for another things. Are you movint near where you live? Or is so far? Go up with it! Not much heavy boxes, please..

Adriii, nice to read your post!! I miss you, and you know, too Sara, everybody here..
Ohhh..Flu... Take care, eh? Stay warm and I hope you're better now. Yes, here the viruses are running so fast too..because the weather.. For the moment not attacked so much..but..winter is still up..
Nice to read about Sara's card. You're so sweet too. I'm trying to write one all in italian if I be able to..I hope yes! If you speak with her send her a big kiss, please, and another for you.

How are the rest?? Deebee, Karin, Ostarella, Petra, Shasta, Tracy, Dirk..and everybody. Have a nice day!
Esther.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:48 AM   #2589
dbukfan

Default Cloudy but mild Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arciris View Post
Hello everybody, my sweet friends on DBC.
Sorry..My computer wasn't working well..I'm still repairing it, little by little but I'm online again!

Su, it's nice to read to you. Thanks for your words and I wanted to say I'm thiniking very much of you and too with your family and in special with your littly. I'm happy to read things are getting a little better and don't go away, please. I know..It's very easy to say and difficult to try but I'm sure your littly is helping to you so much with her love and her smile.
I knew about the bad weather there, and snow...Keep warm, please. Spring is not far away yet!! A big special kiss for you.

Have a nice day!
Esther.
Hola Esther...my dear Catalan Friend and Hello to Jules, Adri, Sharon, Asmay, Lucia, deebee and ALL @DBC

I feel so emotionalafter reading your kind/warm words..especially your warm thoughts towards my littly..Big Grazia to you..I'm OK..a bit better day by day...Esther, you're right....she's only my focus in life..and kepp me going and going...she's done very well with her school (just won Head teacher award in December just gone)..also her swinmin' lessons==>she'll move up to highest class with 10-12 yrs old grp nt term..she can swim butterfly and some synchronise under water routine!!..I'd be more excited for what happened with her life..but partly of me still gone numb with sadness...don't know how long, I'll get over....only time will tell?

Jules--Happy Moving!!..hope all goes well in Cambs...Huge thanks for yr kind word..don't get stress...gosh!!..last time, I'd done that..over 10+ yrs ago...in freezin' November..we must be crazy to leave in this house without any heater for weeks...boiler packed up!!

Adri---Get Well soon....thnks for yr support/kind words.BIG BIG Hugs & Baci xxx to Sara fr me too!

Sharon---Best Wishes with your new job...agreed with yr decision...yr life and health comes 1st..sadly, we're living in the unkind/non-supportive Employer's world today...as long as you got yr family and happiness!

Lucia---Late happy Valentine to you too..many thnks for yr kind words too...My littly gave me a lovely hand-made card on VLT'day too...which I'll keep it on my collections..I got few flower's and kitty's card @ my office she's given me...bless her!

asmay---Very Best Wishes with your new Business..also thnks for your comfort/caring words...I feel much better each time I've read all of yr messages.

ann---thank you too...good luck with yr new adventure web page with Richard..you must be so thrilled to have him getting in touch.

deebee---hope you're fine and well too....many thnks of kind words.

ostarella---hope weather where you live has improved and wrap up warm.

and may I say Sorry if I miss to mention anyone...?

Have a nice day to all..looks like, UK's heading to early Spring..may be?

Hugs and Take care

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVhrIfaPKxw

May I dedicate this song...'HERO'... to both My Beloved Mum and Dad...LOVE YOU ALWAYS....

I miss you....always!

Su...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................

Last edited by dbukfan; 02-17-2009 at 06:51 AM..
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #2590
Sharon

Hello everyone! I hope we all shared a great weekend! It was pretty cold here, but by the end of this week we will be back in to nicer temperatures. Thank you all for your support on my decision to quit my job! I'm actually excited to stay home for a bit. Good luck with the moving Jules...I couldn't imagine having to move our stuff right now! It would take months to clear it out and pack it up, lol.
Su, you sound like things are heading on the right track....you should be so proud of your daughter!
Adri, hope you will be feeling better soon..it does take a lot out of a person when they can't feel themselves again....rest is what you need to try and get, take care!
Lucia, I hope you enjoyed Valentine's day! How are you keeping?
Well, that's all for now...we had a lazy weekend, with a little holiday here that we call Family Day, so we were all off of work yesterday! We went to visit my mother and she was in good spirits, so that was a great visit!
Have a great day everyone! Hugs to all, hopefully they keep everyone warm!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #2591
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

Thank you my dear friends! I haven't talked with Sara for a while and she hasn't been here at all?
Yes, the winter is not over... but today I saw the sun! And it's almost march!!
Old 02-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #2592
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Well, after many days of warmth, sun, and melting snow (to the point there were huge patches of actual grass showing! ) - woke this morning to a wonderful snowfall.

I'm just so... happy.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:27 AM   #2593
Sharon

Good Morning!
Ostarella, I totally understand! It was a beautiful day with a bright blue sky, warm temperatures, melting! Today, SNOW! and more of it coming next week..yeah, not!
Yesterday was my first full day of no more work, spent it cleaning the house...lots to do now! Early spring cleaning, however, no early spring!
I hope everyone has a really great day!
Hugs to all!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #2594
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Nearly March!

Well the freezing weather has let up for awhile , just a bit of rain and saturated/soggy ground now . Expecting the sun to poke her nose out of the clouds on Saturday - woo hoo!

Been thinking of George Harrison's song 'Here comes the sun' ... but I'm sure I'm hoping too soon. Wouldn't be surprised if we get some more cold weather later on, just in time to freeze the early spring buds! I recalled it often snowed at Easter when I was young, or is that just bad memory?

It's nearly Friday too!

Best wishes! xx
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #2595
asmay

Hi all!

Just a quick note on my part. Been very busy lately with starting the business thing; next week will be even more hectic, but it's definitely going in the right direction!

It seems to be a recurring theme at the moment: saying goodbye and letting go of the old (jobs, relationships, moving house, even loss of family) and preparing and focussing on the new. Even the global economy/crisis shows this pattern: according to the news (based on interviews with government authorities, economists etc.) things will not go back to the way they were, we'll have to start anew. Okay then, we'll just wait and see how things are going to develop, if they're right or not.

Sorry to hear about the returning snow with some of you. Can imagine after all the cold and snow and ice you're longing for some warmth and sun ... Remember, just another month, then spring will be here (at least on the calendar)!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:14 AM   #2596
Sharon

Thanks Asmay for the hope you bring about the Spring! Everyday is a day closer to the end of winter and the warmth of spring, yeah!
Good luck with your new business! I know it is a lot of work!
I hope you also have a great weekend.
I wish everyone a great weekend and to take care no matter what the weather is like where you live!
Hugs to you all!
Old 02-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #2597
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Smile Have a Great Weekend

HI EVERYONE

My friend Lynda has been in hospital for the past six days.
She had a serious reaction to her medication.
She is now home and resting.
I hope everyone is doing fine and their loved ones and pets.
Hope all of you have a Great Weekend.

HUGS
Old 02-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #2598
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Winter is definitely back - we've had close to 4 inches of new snow and still coming down, windy and cold. So I'm going to shovel, walk downtown for smokes, feed the birdies outside and then hibernate for the next month.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #2599
Aphrodite

I'm so glad I no longer have to shovel snow anymore...
Aphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:13 AM   #2600
Arciris

Hello friends!
How is going all? I hope well. In crisis time we need go up..

Su, nice to read to you again. I imagine your emotional time..But, like you say, I'm sure your littly is making shine the sun in you heart. Ohh, great! She's a incredible swimmer! I see. I remember you said she was swimming very well the last year. Now, she must be more great, still!
Take care, please. A big hug for you.

Anne, I hope your friend Lynda is better now. Friends, what a big treasure.

Sharon, best wishes with you job! I hope it's going well. Unemployement is in the order of these days..Is important to have something, it's true.

Asmay, well for your new business! I'm sure it's a lot of work. Go up with it! What reason you've about the recurring theme these months. Things are going bad and the majoriry of the goverments aren't doing nothing...Here not..

Adri, nice to read your words. I hope flu be away. Spring is coming. How are the things with you? If you speak with Sara, send to her a big kiss, please.

Ostarella, Deebee, you've reason. This winter was much cold in many places this year..I hope snow dissapear until the next winter. Here we've a little spring for the moment..About 15º. This is okey! I remember two years ago we had snow on February 28 . This year is in the other extreme..too degrees for to be February.
Please, stay warm with ice, etc..And take care.

Jules, good moving!! I imagine it's too hard work..

Karin, many time without know from you..

Lucia, how is the summer going there?

Aphrodite, hello too.
Sorry if I forget somebody.

Have a nice day to all.
Esther.