LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > The A-Team > The Fab Four

The Fab Four Discussions on Hannibal, Faceman, Murdock, and BA and the men who played them.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
horselightning

Default A-Team Movie

So what do you all think of the A-Team movie being made as a tribute to the guys? I think their to make cameos in it. Who do you think would best be suited to play the guys?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #2
julie w

Personally - with all due respect to you ( or to any actor who they would get to play the parts) - I don't believe I would be the least bit interrested in seeing an "A-Team" movie without Dirk, Dwight, and T playing their original characters and putting them in a position to *properly* play out their characters lives in todays time period. It would be interresting to see how they would cope with Hannibal's death (not to mention to see how Hannibal's life came to its end) and to see how they would carry on without him. If they *really* wanted to, they could make a great script out of it. I, myself, a few years back started a fan fic about it. Unfortunatly I've never had the time to finish it. Not that it would have done me any good. TPTB would never be smart enough to give the fans what we want in that aspect as TPTB never seem to have 2 brain cells to rub together. But, hey, that's MHO.

Boy....am I being a bit feisty tonight or what?! :lol:
Old 06-01-2005, 10:26 PM   #3
horselightning

Default It's A Positive Thing!

The purpse was for it ot be a tribute! I read some where Dwight was postive about the project. Most fans are excired and are making lists on message boards opicking who will play the leads in the big picture.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:10 AM   #4
julie w

"The purpse was for it ot be a tribute!"

Fine, have your tribute. I never said you couldn't.:-) You asked our opinion - and I gave you *mine*.

"Most fans are excired..."

Again...fine. I'm just not one of them. However, if your talking about a tribute in the form of a movie on a small scale (independant or stage play - which since you mentioned "movie" then the stage play idea would most likely not be a consideration) then cool, that *would* be interresting to see. If your talking about a BIG production movie like what they did to "Charlie's Angles" "Starsky and Hutch" and now the "Dukes of Hazard" - then - No. I personally *don't* want to see that. If the actors themselves don't mind then - cool. But *I* just don't think *I*, myself, would want to see it. It's just MO.

Look, I wasn't trying to belittle the idea (or your excitment) in any way but, come on....in all seriousness. If fans had a choice between having a movie made with *new* actors playing the "Team" and the remainding members of the *original* "A-Team" I think it would be hands down who they would pick. Besides, who says we all can't have BOTH a tribute movie AND a "reunion" movie? Personally, I think it would be a cold day in hell that they would do a movie with the original actors but I can make my wishes can't I? (No matter how in vain it might be) :-)

Julie
Old 06-02-2005, 08:45 AM   #5
Tracy

Speaking strictly for myself, I could do without a big screen movie with a new *younger* cast like they are proposing.
Our four guys back in the 80's had their very own special magic, and I'm not sure if that could be captured again with different people.
I'd prefer to remember the show as it was than have it possibly parodied a la "Charlies Angles" or "Starsky and Hutch"
Old 06-02-2005, 05:34 PM   #6
horselightning

Default Ooh harsh!

Hey I just see it as a postive thing, and I don't cast a negative shadow on it! I don;t see it as a replacement of the guys at all. But your sertainly intitled to your opnions. I guess theres going to be a few negatives inbeded in all the excitement. And Please don't think theres an atitude to my statement cause theres not. It just seems unfair to judge a project before it's viewed!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:04 AM   #7
Limited Edition

At one point I'm curious how it would look, what the story will be like, etc. But then again, a movie would just be 1 extra episode. Maybe it's an option to make that 'episode' the very last one, since the real series ended so suddenly.
Wouldn't it be a great story that after all those years they'd get caught, get a trial and a witness gets found who has the story that sets them free?

I read that Dirk and Dwight don't want to appear in the movie like the original guys from Starsky and Hutch, where they give the S&H from the movie a new car. Sorry, I don't know the word for it :wink:
But playing themselves wouldn't work for me either, the A-team is not the A-team without Hannibal.
Limited Edition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #8
facemansgirl

I don't want to rain on anyones parade. I think that a movie would be great especially when the world has become such a angry war filled crap hole that we are all stuck in. But I would only want to see it if Dirk, Dwight and Mr. T themselves were cast as "Face", "Murdock", & "B.A.". As for Hannibal, I see a few options. First they could write in his death [( murder?) and the team tracks down his killer?] , recast the role, or computer generate George himself. Coke did it with Marylin Monroe!
facemansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #9
sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemansgirl
I don't want to rain on anyones parade. I think that a movie would be great especially when the world has become such a angry war filled crap hole that we are all stuck in. But I would only want to see it if Dirk, Dwight and Mr. T themselves were cast as "Face", "Murdock", & "B.A.". As for Hannibal, I see a few options. First they could write in his death [( murder?) and the team tracks down his killer?] , recast the role, or computer generate George himself. Coke did it with Marylin Monroe!
I also thought that a technological solution (computer generating George) could be the only one possible: as I wrote a lot of time I can't imagine The A-Team without the original actors, they can't be replaced!!! But after I while I thought that creating George's image with a computer for a film wouldn't maybe be very respectful to him and I changed my mind. :?
My conclusion is always the same: there can be only ONE A-Team: the original one!!! No reproductions!!!
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #10
Lily

I have written this before and i have only one example, I saw this film and went home shaking.

THE AVENGERS
since then i have not seen many tv re-makes to film ever.
Enough said....
Old 05-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #11
sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyB144
Speaking strictly for myself, I could do without a big screen movie with a new *younger* cast like they are proposing.
Our four guys back in the 80's had their very own special magic, and I'm not sure if that could be captured again with different people.
I'd prefer to remember the show as it was than have it possibly parodied a la "Charlies Angles" or "Starsky and Hutch"
Hi Tracy!!
I've just read your words and I completely share your opinion! Very very well said!!!

Hi Lily, I 100% agree with you too!!

Thanks!! :wink:
Old 05-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #12
moviemogul

Hi Tracy, Sara, Lily

Yes would have to agree with you, you cannot get magic like that back again, you only have to watch the pilot and the first episode to see the difference Dirk made when he took up the role of Face from Tom Dunigan, he is a very important part of the A Team.
Chemistry is a very unusual thing, no one knows why some actors work well together and other dont. I would rather the idea be scrapped rather than a bad remake be made. 8)
moviemogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #13
sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemogul
Hi Tracy, Sara, Lily

Yes would have to agree with you, you cannot get magic like that back again, you only have to watch the pilot and the first episode to see the difference Dirk made when he took up the role of Face from Tom Dunigan, he is a very important part of the A Team.
Chemistry is a very unusual thing, no one knows why some actors work well together and other dont. I would rather the idea be scrapped rather than a bad remake be made. 8)
Hi moviemogul!
I totally agree with you! I also thought like that while watching the first episode.
You're right about chemistry: it's important also in love stories, friendships, collaborations of every kind.
That magic can't be reproducted :wink:
Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #14
dbukfan

Default My Ideal Fav,4 A-Team

Hi All

Just fr my own opinion for the A-Team, the movie...my choices 'll be :shock: :?

George Clooney = Hannibal

Ben Stiler = FaceMan.......(sorry about the height & the look :wink: :wink:..he does got GSOH's charisma though)

Owen Wilson = Murdock...(I think he's just perfect role for him :lol: :lol: )

and this's the hard one, Mr T.= Mr T (hee..hee..hee) :lol: :lol: :lol: ..hope he still got all of his jewels :wink: :wink:

What's U guys's choices?...yr turn, pls

dbukfan...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #15
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Quote:
Ben Stiler = FaceMan
Ben Stiller? :shock:

ewww :wink:
Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #16
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi everyone!

Ben Stiller as Face? :? :shock: :P ...ewwwww!....NO WAY!

The only actors that should do the roles and MUST are:
Face - Dirk Benedict
Murdock - Dwight Schultz
B.A. - Mr. T
Hannibal - George Peppard

YOU CAN'T HAVE HANNIBAL, FACE, MURDOCK AND B.A. WITH OTHER ACTORS IN THE ROLES! !

...sorry I had to rant......I just can't stand the choices I have seen people make in the actors for the roles....you CANNOT replace an original!.....:x......yeesshhhhh :roll:

The ONLY way a movie would work if the original members of the A-Team went to find Hannibal's killers, we'd have flashbacks w. George Peppard as Hannibal and the team would recruit new members to become a new A-Team.

I'm really sick and tired of Hollywood making crappy remakes of classic TV series into crappy movies, Dukes of Hazzard, Bewitched, Charlie's Angels, to name a few.

Why mess with perfection? Nuff said. :roll:

Take care,
Anne
Old 05-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #17
Genny

Default no

No, I don't see Ben Stiller as Face nor Owen Wilson as Mad Murdoch, because their sense of humour doesn't appeal to me plus I don't think they project enough intelligence. So it would be a case of losing what the original has before even getting to the point that Dirk and Dwight too, fair play, were and are more attractive. A film would be a turkey, if very special actors were replaced with ..shall I say ..currently known, ones who are not, exceptional. ' :shock: :shock: :shock:
Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:57 AM   #18
dbukfan

Default Just all calm down, girls!!

Hi All

Pls do not take it so serious....girls :lol: :lol: ....I'm entitled to my opinion too, amn't I?...do not get upset fr or fallen out fr this discussion, pls :shock: :shock:

Frankly, it's not my place me to choose the casts......I'm sure that the Hollywood Producer will :wink: :wink:

Now let's say about the alternative choices,

How about, FaceMan = Brad Pitt or Ewan McGregor.

Hannibal = George Clooney... :wink: :wink:

I pass this comment fr DB's himself on RI:SE interview about GC.....I think he's a best choice!!..I agree with him....see even DB's relaxed about it!!...time's moving on....I know the A-Team is one of the most popular programme in the world at that time...I'm certainly hope that the producer will try their v best to pick the right/best casts for the remake if it ever happens!!

C'mon Girls, pls do not take it into hearts or too seriously....I do admire and highly respect DB as much as U guys/all fans here, I'm sure he won't mind if I put my honest opinion across sharing with U all too. :wink: :wink:

Cheerio

dbukfan...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
Old 05-04-2007, 05:59 AM   #19
Ingra

Default faceman role

[quote="dbukfan"]
Quote:
Pls do not take it so serious....girls :lol: :lol: ....
absolutely, its all in good fun.

Quote:
Now let's say about the alternative choices,

How about, FaceMan = Brad Pitt or Ewan McGregor.
how about John Stamos?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #20
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi everyone!
I know it's in good fun.
But, John Stamos! :shock: :shock: :P :P NO!!!!!
...here I go ranting again!.....
As far as I'm concerned.
Dirk Benedict IS Face, Dwight Schultz IS Murdock, Mr. T IS B.A. and George Peppard IS Hannibal.
They ARE the A-Team!, no other actors would do the roles justice!.
...am ranting again! I can't help it.....
When those actors took on the roles as the A-Team, they broke the mold and you CANNOT replace them!
.....am still ranting......sorry, I can't help myself......
Why mess with perfection? and as B.A. would say "Shut up Fool!" :lol:
.... ...still ranting.....others actors in the roles..yeeshhhh... :roll:
sorry, I tend to really vent when I'm upset about something....
............still grumbling...other actors in the roles....:roll:........

Take care,
Anne
Old 05-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #21
sara

Hi everybody!!! :lol:
Of course it's in good fun!! :wink:
Everybody's opinion is important!..... however..... I must confess....... I COULDN'T really stand anybody else in their roles!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:

con affetto
Old 05-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #22
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Yeah, what the heck? Might as well wait to gripe until they actually start making it :lol:
Old 05-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #23
dbukfan

Anne

Sorry to say, I hang up my coat on this subject :roll:

Have a relaxing wkend

dbukfan..x

Old 05-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #24
sara

Hi dbuk!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbukfan
Have a relaxing wkend
You too!!
passa un buon fine settimana!! :lol: :wink:
Old 05-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #25
Ingra

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara758
Hi everyone!
I know it's in good fun.
But, John Stamos! :shock: :shock: :P :P NO!!!!!
...here I go ranting again!.....
As far as I'm concerned.
Dirk Benedict IS Face, Dwight Schultz IS Murdock, Mr. T IS B.A. and George Peppard IS Hannibal.
They ARE the A-Team!, no other actors would do the roles justice!.
...am ranting again! I can't help it.....
When those actors took on the roles as the A-Team, they broke the mold and you CANNOT replace them!
.....am still ranting......sorry, I can't help myself......
Why mess with perfection? and as B.A. would say "Shut up Fool!" :lol:
.... ...still ranting.....others actors in the roles..yeeshhhh... :roll:
sorry, I tend to really vent when I'm upset about something....
............still grumbling...other actors in the roles....:roll:........

Take care,
Anne

Honestly, i had no intentions upsetting anyone on this forum. I apologize.

Ingra