LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > The Books

The Books A place to talk about Dirk's two autobiographies "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy" and "And Then We Went Fishing" as well as Dirk penned articles and future writings.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Default What would you like to see in Dirk's next book?

Hi everyone!
What would you like to see in Dirks' next book.
I myself would like to see a continuation of the first two books enough I haven't read the second book, And Then We Went Fishing.
Tracy at dbcentral here, mentioned a book that Dirk just might be working on.
I believe the title was "Montana Memoirs....". I'm sorry I forget the rest of it.
Also, it would be great to see a book that Dirk and Dwight Schultz might be writing together about their experiences on the A-Team come into reality. I would also very much like to see a book about Dirk's experiences on being on Battlestar Galactica and meeting and acting with the late and legendary Lorne Greene of Bonanza fame.
I think a great title for the third book might be "More Thoughts of a Kamikaze Cowboy".
What would you like the title to be and what would you like to see in it?

Take care,
Anne
Old 04-17-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

This from a clip about a convention appearance:

"His third book, Montana Memoirs: Notes from a Dangerous Wordsmith, will be a collection of short stories covering his childhood in Montana. He has also written two original stage plays, Puppy Dog Tales and Acting Becomes Her."

Growing up in a small rural town myself, I'd love to see this. And being a fan of the A-Team, I'm also anxious to see if the collaborative work comes to anything. Frankly, anything he writes about is bound to be interesting, entertaining and probably controversial :lol:

Also wondering if anyone (Tracy?) has any info on those two stage plays?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

ostarella wrote:

Quote:
"His third book, Montana Memoirs: Notes from a Dangerous Wordsmith, will be a collection of short stories covering his childhood in Montana. He has also written two original stage plays, Puppy Dog Tales and Acting Becomes Her."
Growing up in a small rural town myself, I'd love to see this. And being a fan of the A-Team, I'm also anxious to see if the collaborative work comes to anything. Frankly, anything he writes about is bound to be interesting, entertaining and probably controversial.
Hi ostarella !
Very good points!
Thank you for posting that. I just couldn't remember what the rest of the title was.
I wonder if he has ever peformed those plays? :?
Anyone know?
Tracy, do you know?

Take care,
Anne
Old 04-19-2007, 05:02 AM   #4
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Dirk opened his mind and heart in his previous books (1st and 2nd respectively).

The 'Montana memoirs' idea seems just the right sort of light-hearted stuff perfect for a 3rd book. It reminds me of the stuff Alec Guiness wrote in his autiobiographies - he managed to write loads of entertaining anecdotes, and yet at the end of it one didn't really know anything more about the shy man. I think such a way to go would be good for Dirk, as he has already poured out his angst, etc in earlier books, he doesn't need to revisit those thoughts.

Also, Dirk has written a few screenplays (and plays) - I hope he might consider writing some novels - the advantage being that no one else can interfere with the work, unlike when a screenplay is bought and goes in to production - directors, actors, everyone wants to fiddle with it! With a published novel, if a film producer liked the book, he/she could pay Dirk to turn it into a screenplay (double-money)?

Regards
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:27 AM   #5
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Quote:
the advantage being that no one else can interfere with the work
Except the editors and publishers :wink: But it would be neat to see what he would come up with fictionally. I haven't been able to watch "Cahoots", just read about it, so I have only a general idea what his purely creative side is like, scribe-wise. I'd be willing to bet he'd have a few surprises for us :lol:
Old 04-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
Verity

I want to read anything he pens, frankly. If only he'd hurry up! The third book in his autobiographical trilogy will be fascinating, I'm sure. In fact, his life story would make a wonderful film, if adhered to faithfully. (When reading "Cowboy" the thought crossed my mind that perhaps Dirk has lived his father's life for him. The life I suspect his father wanted to live. It seems to have been a rich and fascinating one, albeit one of mixed blessing and fortune - but I'm glad a world audience has had a chance to embrace him, even if his profession, by and large, did not.)

I wondered if the phrase "did deep, puppy in bottom" refers to his solitary sojourn at the bottom of many a grave. I'd like to hear all about his university days, anything further he feels he can comfortably share about his early life and his adventures in Hollywood and when travelling throughout the US, the dangers he encountered, the girls, (doubtless numbered in their hordes), the highs and lows and what he wants now, at this point in his life; because, apart from his sons, I don't think he found what he really wanted and I very much hope he still will.

I'd love to read any fiction he has written in the past or will write in the future, although he doesn't appear to have much regard for fiction. Which is a great shame because he'd be so darn good at it. In short, anything and everything. As long as it's SOON!
Verity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #7
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Quote:
puppy in bottom
refers to a meal he and his father had. Can't remember now if that is in ATWWF (don't have it right in front of me) or was in an article I read...
Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #8
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

verity wrote:

Quote:
I'd love to read any fiction he has written in the past or will write in the future, although he doesn't appear to have much regard for fiction. Which is a great shame because he'd be so darn good at it. In short, anything and everything. As long as it's SOON
Hi everyone!
Lots of very interesting and very good suggestions everyone is making here!
I also agree that Dirk would also be great as a fiction writer.

Take care,
Anne
Old 05-25-2007, 04:05 AM   #9
dbukfan

Default Raise up children by single parent

Hi All

DB mentioned in VDO Chat interview that he'll write another book, about being sgl parent raised up his 2 kids nt yr after I think, his son 'George' graduates!!....may be a yr after nt yr before V all can read his 3rd book then.

I'll def. look forward to it...just in time to educate myself of bein' good parent..not that I've tried my v best for my only child..but importantly to gain/share parenthood experience with our legendary, Dirk........that's something v special, I think :wink: :wink:

Well, I'm still hopin' to read his 2nd book this Summer....not long now...just over a mntn to go :lol: :wink: ...wonder sometimes....have to wait so so long for everything :roll: :roll: .

Cest' le Vie... :wink: :?:

dbukfan...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:45 AM   #10
Ingra

Default Finally got my one liner in as well!!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbukfan
Well, I'm still hopin' to read his 2nd book this Summer....not long now...just over a mntn to go :lol: :wink: ...wonder sometimes....have to wait so so long for everything :roll: :roll: .
x
"Good things come to those who wait" :wink:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, I have monday off due to "Memorial Day Weekend", so excited..

Ciao
Ingra