LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
Tracy

Default Wizard World Philadelphia

Dirk will be appearing at the Wizard World Convention, in Philadelphia PA that runs from Friday, June 15th to Sunday, June 17th. Dirk will be appearing Saturday and Sunday *only*.

Click here for details:

https://www.wizarduniverse.com/conven...hia/guests.cfm
Old 06-05-2007, 02:43 AM   #2
dbukfan

Default USA Convention

Hi All US-DB Fans

Lucky U!!...WoW...FaV/Wonderful news indeed for US Fans....looks like Dirk's gettin' less Shy....more Braver to be there on his own without Best buddy, Dwight :wink: :lol:

Just Wonder...Who on this DBC Fans'll be there?..Tracy??, Ostarella??, Ingra??, Seedview??..or etc???........and if anyone of U go..pls pass my BIG Hugs & XXX fr me & all UK fans to Dirk too :lol: ....tell him to eat a bit more...he looks a bit thinner in Holland than he's in CBB5 (Jan'07).

Best Wishes

dbukfan...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #3
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

I'd love to go (haven't done much traveling lately) but, among other reasons, I have another guy to see - my son's coming home for a whole week (for his 25th birhtday) - first time in four years he's been able to spend more than a couple days at home! :lol: :lol:
Old 06-05-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
dbukfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostarella
I'd love to go (haven't done much traveling lately) but, among other reasons, I have another guy to see - my son's coming home for a whole week (for his 25th birhtday) - first time in four years he's been able to spend more than a couple days at home! :lol: :lol:
Well Ostarella

Join the Dream Club with me....U're abs. Right...Our kid(s) always come(s) first!!...Well thinkin'..Super Mom!!
:lol: :wink:

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
Old 06-05-2007, 08:59 AM   #5
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Yeah, it's going to be soooo nice - usually he only makes it home for a couple days at Xmas But he's going to help me with some pc hardware and hopefully set up my own web site - and just give me a chance to tell him in more detail how to live his life :lol: :roll:
Old 06-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #6
dbukfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostarella
Yeah, it's going to be soooo nice - usually he only makes it home for a couple days at Xmas But he's going to help me with some pc hardware and hopefully set up my own web site - and just give me a chance to tell him in more detail how to live his life :lol: :roll:
Well, I see...Super Mom...always one step ahead, eh!!....ummmh..ole sayin'..'Shoot/Kill 2 birds with 1 Stone'..I say...Ostarella..U're gettin' smarter like the chap nt to U on Avatar :wink:, girl!!..

By the way..hope yr New website...not callin'...'Dirkaholic'...pls!! :lol: :lol:...no no :roll:

Have a nice day...I bet yr Smile gettin' 100 times bigger than in Avatar now :lol: :lol: .

dbukfan...x

Old 06-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #7
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi everyone!

Tracy thanks for posting that. I really wish I could attend that.* Saving up my money to go to Europe next year*. Is there a possibility that Dirk might attend a con in Toronto, Ontario? They do have those here.

Take care,
Anne
Old 06-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #8
bbbear97

Barb,

Dirk's not going to be there, but Dwight is the end of August!

https://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConTor...p?CategoryID=3
Old 06-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #9
seedview

Default Convention

First of all, hi dbukfan;

Thanks for thinking of us. If I happen to go, I'll pass it on.

To ostarella; Oh, I'm so happy for you to have your son home for a while. I wish the best for the two of you.

To Anne; Boy do I know what the old pocketbook does to ones dreams. I also would love to go, but due to the shortage of funds as well as other snafoos, I may not be able to go. My daughters told me to think positive and just maybe, somehow I will be able to attend. Our family joke is "What money problems? Our money doesn't stay long enough to become a problem." Got to look on the lighter side of life.

Hopefully someone will be able to go. Take care, all of you.
seedview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #10
Ingra

Default Wizard World

Hi all,

Camden is about 2 hours from where i live.. "Road trip" comes to my mind!!!!

It would be so nice to see DB again. There are other tv stars that are scheduled to be there as well, cant wait to meet them as well. Should be fun.. Hope to go, will keep you all posted..

**EDIT*** If anyone is in NY or planning to go, please let me know, i would love to meet up!!!!

Ingra
Old 06-06-2007, 03:25 AM   #11
Arciris

Default Re: Wizard World

Thanks Tracy!!
Like dbuk say, big hugs from me too!
Up Dirkhaolic fans!! Ha ha, I like to be Dirkhaolic, and forever!
I hope that if you can go, you have a nice day there! :wink:
Arciris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:25 AM   #12
dbukfan

Default Re: Wizard World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingra
Hi all,

Camden is about 2 hours from where i live.. "Road trip" comes to my mind!!!!

It would be so nice to see DB again. There are other tv stars that are scheduled to be there as well, cant wait to meet them as well. Should be fun.. Hope to go, will keep you all posted..

**EDIT*** If anyone is in NY or planning to go, please let me know, i would love to meet up!!!!

Ingra
Ciao Ingra

Have a wonderful time of yr life :wink: :lol: ...V all sittin down here with a hanky

Bon Voyage

dbukfan...x

Old 06-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #13
MikkiH

Hi, I'm new to the site but have been a DB fan for a long time. I get teased endlessly by the guys at work for not watching the new Gallactica because I just can't bring myself to watch a female Starbuck. It's just not the same, in my opinion.

I just noticed this post about Dirk being in Philly for the Wizard World Convention. I've never met Dirk but would sure love to. I'd also love to meet up with other fans of his. I'm planning on attending the convention on Sunday and wondering if anyone else would also be going that day and would like to meet.
Ingra, I noticed that you also wanted to meet up with others who would be going, but you didn't mention what day you had in mind for attending. If you don't mind a newbie and can go on Sunday I'd love to meet. I know I could use the support of another DB fan cause I'll probably go speechless when I meet him.
MikkiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #14
Ann Marie

Default Wizard World Philly

Hi everyone I am new here and just got brave enough to post been looking around for awhile -- I have watched Dirk on TV all my life and his books are wonderful just like I am sure the man who wrote them is.
I got very lucky to be based out of Philly for the next two weeks for work and I am staying over the weekend to meet the man himself even if for just a couple of seconds at the signing table. I hope to get my copies of his books signed as they have been very important in my life and he has helped me through some real bad emotional stuff, through my relating to what he wrote about his own experiences in life. I have never met him or dreamed of a chance to Thank him in person - so I am going to be brave and get in that line and say Thanks.
I recently sent a letter, to let him know my story and just how greatful I am to him for sharing his life with the rest of the world -- don't know if he got it or not, but atleast now I can say Thanks in person which I really never thought I would get the chance to do.
Everyone seems really nice here, and I really love the info on Dirk's work -- keeps me informed about theses special things -- I would never have known and missed this chance even though I was in the same city -- Thanks for posting it!!
Everyone have a Great Weekend!!
Ann Marie
Ann Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #15
Dirk B. Fan from Holland

If you have to chance to meet him than DO IT! I have seen footage from im and Dwight in Holland and they were great. I think he really comfertable to hang around with.

So put your Alice in Wonderland shoes on and just start a conversation!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #16
Christy

Hello to ALL,

I "tentatively" was making plans to attend one or both days of the Wizard World Con. I was looking forward to meeting Dirk ( and finally getting my copy of Confessions signed by him.....and IN PERSON yet to boot ! ) and possibly even getting to meet some of you from DBCentral too !! But sadly, only a few days after the Con was posted here at the site, my family and I were told some disheartening news...........A family that has been close friends of my families for years had been told that their 8 year old "daughter / granddaughter / niece" has bone cancer ( she will have to endure 2 1/2 years of treatments.... ). Today they came home from Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh PA where she underwent her first treatment for the cancer. This past Friday ( June 8 ) a dinner was held at the elementary school that she attends to help raise money for the family. Even though they have insurance....there's the cost of gas, meals, lodging, etc. that the parents, grandparents + aunt and uncle have to come up with. So the extra money that I would have used to attend the Con was given to her and her family.....and will continue to do so for as long as I ( and my family ) am / are able to do so.............

Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Wishing ALL of you the Very Best.....Take Care.

Hugs to ALL,
Christy

Dirk...........see ya.....sometime.....
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:04 AM   #17
seedview

Hello Christy

I'm so sorry to hear about the little girl. Of course, I'll keep her and her family in my prayers. I'll even keep you in my prayers. Christy, you have a very large heart to sacrifice so much. Hopefully, one day, you will get your dream to meet Dirk.

Take care. Please keep all of us posted.
seedview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #18
Genny

Default sad

I hope that little girl has a chance. It's such sad news. I think, that Dirk, who obviously loves children, would be so glad that you are putting everything you can into helping as much as you can. I hope that you meet Dirk some day because you certainly deserve to. All the very best, to you.
Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #19
Christy

Hello to ALL,

Seedview and Genny....Thank You !...both of you, soo much !

I will keep you informed on how she's doing.

And to those of you that will ( hopefully ) be attending the Con ( Ingra and MikkiH, so far ? ).........HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME !!! And please fill us in on ALL the details when you get back !!!

Best wishes to ALL of you !

Take Care and Hugs to ALL,
Christy
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 AM   #20
Feeonagh

Hi There Christy

I read your post, and I will keep your little friend in my thoughts.

It is sad for you that you won't be able to attend the convention, but I would do the same if I was in your shoes. There will be other times to meet Dirk, and what goes round comes around, so you will definitely get to see him sometime. In the meantime, hang in there...

Fee xx
Feeonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:03 PM   #21
Ingra

Default DB AT WIZARD WORLD IN CAMDEN

Howdy everyone,

It was a perfect day. MikkiH and I met at the convention center.There were so many people, we waiting on line for an hour it was so worth the wait. As we enter we are greeted by Star Wars characters and yes even Darth himself.. so cool.. We make our way upstairs and try to beeline it to DB's table, lo and behold, there he was..

MikkiH and i were both excited and nervous, it was finally our turn to greet him and he actually remembered me, not my name, but the face he recognized, i was so honored!!!! The second time around was just as awesome as the first time, but i think i got more out of this one because of MikkiH, it was her first time meeting him and it was the best experience for me to see someone else appreciate his kindness & gracious nature--Just to see the excitement and happiness on her face was just priceless. I am so glad i got to meet her and to have been with someone to share the experience with. (Thanks MikkiH )

We didnt stay or chat too long with DB, but for me it was so well worth it. It seems like there is a million things to say, but when i actually see him, i get like duh and i forget what i wanted to ask or say:roll: We were not allowed to take pics together with him, but these pics are so cool and to see him again was a pleasure and enough for me.

We ended up walking around a bit and decided to go see him one more time before leaving, well, he had the most people waiting to greet him--There were other stars there, some didnt even have anyone at their table, but he did have a line and we were so happy for him.

He looks good & healthy, the first pic is a little Starbuck and he is holding an itty bitty cigar ,

Enjoy the pics everyone..

Have a great evening

Ingra
Old 06-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #22
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Isn't he sooo nice to talk to? Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but it looks like he's lost a little weight - not that he needed to but he looks great, that's for sure! Thanks for the pix :wink:
Old 06-18-2007, 02:18 AM   #23
dbukfan

Default WoW!!

Hi Ingra and All DBC Fans

Thnks for post our DB's piccie....Ostarella...YEP!!..I do agree with U on that...DB def.looks a bit thinner than in CBB5 back in Jan'07...But, still Cuty/Hunky as ever :wink:...Could it possibly be his suntan combined with his shyness :wink: ?..or May be Ingra.....cuddlin' him too long :lol: :lol: :lol: ..just kiddin'. :wink: :lol: :lol:

So pls that U and MikkiH...have Wonderful experience with the REAL Dirk :wink: ..bet U2 still on cloud nine somewhere...may be even fly away :lol: :wink:

Hope DB :wink: his s**y eyes to U when he said he remembered U :lol: :lol: :lol:

Many congratulations to Both of U once again, girls!!...Well Done :lol: :lol: .

Bouna Gior Nata = Have a NICE day :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Grazie = Big Thank U
Statemi Bene = All the Best
Baci = Kisses

dbukfan...x

Old 06-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #24
Genny

Default Dirk

Oh..thank you, for sharing those lovely pics of Dirk ! He looks well....and very attractive of course. :shock: He's got the blue eyes and the blue shirt thing going on..and the suntan and I love his hair, long ! So glad that you had a great time and that Dirk remembered you.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #25
Genny

Default PS

That jaw line of his is incredible, isn't it. From chewing his rice well he says in his first book ! :shock: