LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #26
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

It's interesting to see how many of us (myself included) see the benefits of MB and yet we aren't completely "devoted" to it. For me, there are three main reasons I'm not 100% yet - 1) availability. Rural Minnesota is not exactly high on non-meat, non-dairy eating habits. :roll: 2) expense. Again, other than 'ordinary' vegetables, things that are "MB approved" are typically much more expensive. 3) I'm not sure what a lot of the different foods are really like, and, coupled with 1 and 2, I hesitate to buy something I don't even know if I'll be able to eat. So I do try, and I experiment when I can, but once in a while I get so tired of the "same old thing" I just eat whatever because I need to eat *something*.

So, have I found enough excuses yet? 8)

What about the rest of you? Are you convinced of MB's benefits, not quite, or not that interested, period? :wink:
Old 07-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #27
Christy

I believe in the benefits of MB :!:

I, too, am not completely MB but what changes I have made I can tell a big difference in the way I feel....body AND soul :!:

And those are the 3 main "reasons" ( oh, okay.....excuses..... :wink: ) that I'm not totally MB.....not to mention the fact that I'm not a "whiz" in the kitchen :roll: ..... :? ...... .....yeah, yeah, I know....you can't "catch" a guy if you don't know how to cook ! :wink: .............I'm better at cleaning.... :lol: ... :wink: ...
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:14 PM   #28
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Quote:
you can't "catch" a guy if you don't know how to cook !
Maybe we can tag-team - I'll cook, you clean! :lol: :lol:
Old 07-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #29
Christy

............. 8) .............
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:42 PM   #30
Ingra

Default BENEFITS OF MB

I too believe in the benefits of MB but i am not completely MB either.

my excuse is that i love food!! All kinds of foods (Jeez, i apologize if i sound foolish by saying this).

When i first read "Confessions, i was so "gung ho" about changing my eating habits that I incorporated it with my Weight Watchers routine, i have done that and till this day I still do. I have tried a few of the foods that were mentioned and liked them..Leeks have become a favorite with me as well as dandelions (they grow like weeds upstate!!!)
i did manage to cut down on meats and dairy and i eat lots of beans as well.(i know i have mentioned this before, but that book changed my life.)

I have thought about going MB but i am just not ready. This is selfish of me but i am not ready to give up the foods i enjoy--Dont get me wrong, i am not eating ice cream,cookies,chocolates bread so on.. every day, but every once in a while i do "cheat" or what i would like to call "reward" myself.. I know that once i eat something out of the ordinary my stomach feels it right away. i have also controlled my eating habits which is something i never thougt i was able to do.

I have been battling my weight for years and now i am actually trimming down i still have 40 more lbs to lose, but now i am battling exercise,it is my main focus as well as eating right. i would like to attempt MB sometime in my life.. but i need to take one step at a time. I do love to cook!!! whenever i get a chance which is only on the weekends, In the summer i cook alot of veges cause they come from our garden, big huge garden full of peppers, tomatoes, escarole,dandelions,onions,garlic,basil so on...

***Osarella, Christy.. I wish i can take you with me shopping, here in NY we have Whole Foods & Trader Joes
I just love shopping in those stores, sometimes i go to Trader Joes on my lunch hour and pick up all kinds of what i call "Treats" everything organic that is where i buy my seaweed,brown rice so on....you would love it..Maybe if ever you guys are in town, i will take you there.....

**remember to Chew Chew Chew

Ingra
Old 07-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #31
Ingra

Default Re: Dirk is right....food can heal!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaRedRockMom
I just wanted to share with you how things are going.

I have been eating macrobiotic for almost 2 years now

...I have Lupus and started eating macro to help ease some of the things that happen with Lupus.

.....I am happy to say that my blood test now show that the indicators for having Lupus (ANA levels) are in the normal range.....I have not had a Lupus flair up since I began eating macro

I feel like I can do almost anything without ending me day in pain....it is amazing

......what we eat does affect how we feel and what we can do

drink your tea......read...study....and chew

.....from a brown rice convert,
Dpnna

CONGRATULATIONS DONNA!!!! This is Great news..
God Bless
Ingra
Old 07-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #32
NicoleDutch

Geez I think I pulled up something here. Let's forget about it and forget about Gunther Von Hagens (I am NOT a fan of his work). Just one more thing; the bodies he uses are people who voluntarily gave their bodies to him. Besides that, people who smoke like chimneys did stop their habit after seeing the result (black longs).

Sorry for pulling this up here.
*Back to the thread*
Old 07-24-2007, 04:11 AM   #33
sara

Quote:
Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening. Love like you've never had been hurt. Work like you don't need the money. Live like it's Heaven on earth!
deebeelicious, I've just noticed that the sentence you have in your signature is the one I have hanging on the wall over my desk! :roll: I've put it there cause I find it a great rule of life.. and I suppose you agree!!! :wink:

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

"Life: my favorite occupation." --- Dirk Benedict
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:43 AM   #34
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara
Quote:
Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening. Love like you've never had been hurt. Work like you don't need the money. Live like it's Heaven on earth!
deebeelicious, I've just noticed that the sentence you have in your signature is the one I have hanging on the wall over my desk! :roll: I've put it there cause I find it a great rule of life.. and I suppose you agree!!! :wink:
Thank you v much Sara.
You've picked some great Dirk quotes for your sig! It's true, 'life' doesn't 'owe' us anything - we just need to be greatful for the 'small mercies' and daily 'laughs' we can get/make.
Best wishes
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #35
sara

wise words of you, deebeelicious! :roll:
I've faced some difficult moments in the last years that have made me understand how it is true what you say... :wink:
big hugs

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

"Life: my favorite occupation." --- Dirk Benedict
sara is offline   Reply With Quote