LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Movie and TV work reviews

Movie and TV work reviews For comments and reviews of Dirk's television, theater, and movie work.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:40 AM   #26
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Default Re: Survey: A Day With a Fictional Character

Thoroughly enjoyed this story, VBS! For a non-writer you look suspiciously like a writer in disguise. Starbuck would be lucky to have your accounting skills on his side.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #27
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed this story, VBS! For a non-writer you look suspiciously like a writer in disguise.
Yes, she sure does.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #28
LittleMonkeyDog

Day 2 - character 2:
My fictional character = Robert Steves - Abduction of Innocence
I had set my alarm clock really early that morning, so I’d be able to talk to him. My father was a very successful business and his work often took him away from home for several days. He was always working and even when he spent time with my mom and me, it still felt as if he wasn’t there.
Mom stayed at home to take care of me and the house and I was a model student so I would get into one of the precious universities my dad wanted me to attend. Only the best were good enough. He was merely interested in my grades, but not so much in me as a person. I was sixteen and not allowed to do much of anything remotely fun like the rest of my friends. And I was about to change that!
I hurried downstairs and saw my dad sitting at the breakfast reading his newspaper. Mom was busy slaving away in the kitchen.
“You’re up early today,” mom said while emerging from the kitchen with the food.
Dad looked up from his newspaper and I quickly ran over to him to hug him.
“Hi darling,” he said. “Your mother is right. You are up very early.”
“There’s just one thing I wanted to ask you, dad.”
“Oh I see. Is it anything school related?”
“No, not really. You see, dad. There is this huge party this weekend and all of my friends will be there. Can I go too, dad? Please?”
“You know what I think about these parties and I still think you’re way too young to go.”
“Too young? Dad! I’m sixteen. How am I ever supposed to get a boyfriend if I’m not allowed to go to these parties?”
“That’s just it, sweetheart. You don’t need a boyfriend. Not now anyway.”
“But all my friends have one.”
“And you will have one as well one day. Just not now. My answer is no.”
I almost jumped up from my chair in anger making it fall down as I did. I kept yelling and screaming that I wasn’t a baby anymore and that he should stop treating me like that. He tried to argue, but I just didn’t let him. I was super angry with him, so I just kept on yelling for a bit before I stormed out of the room and up the stairs to my bedroom.
I was still mad. It was just so unfair. I deserved to have fun! So I decided right there and then that I wasn’t going to let my dad stop me from having it. I would just sneak out of the house and go to the party anyway. I started preparing everything in detail and told my friends I would be there. I was so excited.
The night of the party, I pretended to have a bad headache so I could get up to my room early without being disturbed. I started getting ready as soon as I was up in my room and waited until my parents would head up to bed. I knew with the stressful job he had, dad always went up to bed early enough and mom would follow him. I listened intently until I was sure they had gone to bed. That’s when I tiptoed out of my room and down the stairs. I put on my shoes as soon as I was into the living room and all but ran to the garage to get my bike.
I felt free as a bird and couldn’t wait to start partying with my friends, but I didn’t like to ride my bike on this deserted road out alone in the dark. I decided to just suck it up and just go as fast as I could. Suddenly, I’ve noticed car lights behind me. I was pretty sure the car would pass me by, but got alarmed somehow when it didn’t. It kept on following me at a safe distance.
The situation was starting to freak me out. I tried to take a different route and still the car kept following me. I was getting really scared by now. If only I had listened to my dad none of this would have happened. Tears were starting to fall and blurred my sight when all of a sudden the car swerved and blocked my route. I screamed on top of my lungs. I couldn’t make out much, but I heard the car door open so I assumed someone was getting out of the car. My heart was pounding by now. I heard footsteps coming closer and closer but I remained frozen. I just couldn’t move. I had no idea what to do and so I just closed my eyes.
I was pretty sure the person who had been in the car must have reached me by now, but nothing had happened. I peeked through my eyelashes only to find someone very familiar looking standing in front of me.
“Dad?”
I ran up to him and just starting hitting him on the chest with both fists while I was yelling and screaming on top of my lungs how I hated what he did to me and how scared I was. He just pulled me into this really big hug without saying so much as a word and all of my pent up emotions were released.
“I’m so sorry, dad,” I managed to utter in between sobs.
“I think you’ve learned your lesson, young lady. Next time you really want to go to a party like that, just ask me to drive you. Okay?”
Old 10-29-2017, 05:18 PM   #29
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Wow, I liked this one, LMD! Really cool idea to take the daughter's perspective. Now I want to watch the movie!
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Old 10-29-2017, 08:16 PM   #30
Vballspieler
Dirkette

I really like it, too. I must see this movie sometime.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:55 PM   #31
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Updated to match the movie and added the rest of the story.

``````````````

Day 3 – Story 3: Jake Barnes

One-day Jake walked into the school for parent-teacher conferences for his two kids, Jessie and Sean. After the daring rescue his kids had done for him, he was proud of them and was certain this conference would be nothing but positive. He met with all the teachers and walked away with the feedback he was expecting. Things had turned around for him and his kids. They were relating better than ever.

When he walked into his house, he noticed that Jessie had already started supper. She was very dependable that way. Almost, too dependable, he thought, worried that she was giving up her childhood to take over his wife’s duties. She needs to get out more with her friends. I’ll have to bring it up tonight after supper.

“Hi honey, I’m home” Jake said as he walked over to the table. “This looks almost good enough to eat.”

“Dad,” Jessie whined as she walked over to take a seat at the table, “stop teasing. I just wanted to make you proud of me.”

“I am, honey, but we need to talk about that after supper. I want you to do normal teenage girl things and not stay here and take care of me and the house.”

“But mom did it. I’m just trying to help out since she’s not here to take care of us anymore.”

“Where’s Sean?” Jake suddenly asked. “Surely, he knows it’s time for supper.”

“Out with Nick. They said they were doing guy-stuff,” Jessie answered as she rolled her eyes. “They said I wouldn’t understand, and they would be back soon.” As soon as the words were out of Jessie’s mouth, the door opened, and Sean walked in. “I’ll be there soon, dad. I just need to wash up.”

The meal was pleasant, and Jake told the kids about the feedback from the parent-teacher conferences. “Just like I expected. All A’s and everyone said that you were always polite and friendly. I’m very proud of you. As a reward, I thought we could discuss an outing for each of you with one of your friends."

Sean exclaimed, “there’s a concert that I want to go to. Maybe Nick and I could go together?”

“When is it?” asked Jake.

“Friday night” replied Sean.

“I think that can be arranged. How about you, Jessie?” asked Jake as he turned her way. “Is there anything you have in mind?”

“Maybe I could go stay over by my friend Kaitlynn? Her mom invited me last week when Kaitlynn and I came back from canoeing.”

On Friday night, Jake dropped Sean and Nick off at the concert. “Ok, call me when the concert is over, and I will pick you up.” “Oh, dad, I forgot to tell you, Nick’s parents agreed to let me stay over there. They will pick us up after the concert. See you tomorrow,” Sean said as he and Nick climbed out of the vehicle.

Jake then drove Jessie over to Kaitlynn’s home. As he parked the car, Jessie said, “you don’t have to walk me to the door, dad. I’m grown up now.” She hopped out and walked up to the front door. Jake got out of the vehicle and followed his daughter up to the front door. He knocked on the door and waited until I opened it to let him in. “Hi, I’m Kaitlynn’s mom. Are you ok?” I asked when Jake just stood there. “You look a little lost. Why don’t you come in and have a drink? The girls are down in Kaitlynn’s room, probably talking about boys and checking out the DVD collection.”

I led him to the counter between the kitchen and dining room, offered him a stool, and grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge. As I set a bottle of water in front of him, I remarked “it’s not easy, is it? She’s growing up. Both of your kids are. Teenagers already…” He looked at me and sighed, “yeah, they are. I thought it would be easier if their mom was alive, but…” Jake said as he shrugged his shoulders and opened up the bottle of water.
I opened my own bottle and sat down next to him. “One day at a time. That’s all you can do…. And find a friend to share your fears with…or drown your sorrows together. It’s how we all deal with teenagers,” I said with a light laugh. Then we toasted with our bottles and drank thirstily….
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

Last edited by Vballspieler; 11-01-2017 at 07:20 PM..
Old 11-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #32
LittleMonkeyDog

What a great ending to the story! Yes, it is nice to share your sorrows, hopes and worries about your kids with other parents
Old 11-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #33
LittleMonkeyDog

Day 3 - Character 3:
My fictional character = Col. Alex Long (Blue Tornado)

My fictional character = Col. Alex Long (Blue Tornado)
Being in my final year, I had to come up with a subject for my thesis. Since I had always been interested in alien encounters, I knew I wanted to write about that subject. I had already done lots of research about the subject and spend numerous hours on end in the library doing extensive research. I found lots of theories and speculations, but I also really wanted to get in touch with someone who had a real-life experience. Looking for reliable sources was the hardest part and I was starting to get restless. I decided to talk to my professor about it.
I told him all about my theories and research and how I had tried to find a reliable witness of some sort, but failed miserably. He was impressed by the work I had done. He told me he once had a student, Isabella, who had been just like me. She was very eager to prove that alien encounters were indeed possible and she had also done an extensive research on the matter. While doing research in the library, she met an F16 pilot called Colonel Alex Long. My professor explained how he had had a weird experience with bright lights while on a mission with his best friend. The both of them had been blinded by these odd lights and his friend had crashed. Alex had barely survived and was determined to find out what had happened. My professor told me that the two of them were currently living together at the nearby military base and that he was willing to ask Isabella whether she would help me.
I was super excited. Isabella was thrilled when she heard about the research I had done and she said she was sure that Alex would want to help me as well. She invited me over to the house to talk things over. I thanked my professor and hurriedly made my way over to the base to meet up with Isabella. She opened the door and invited me into the cozy house they lived in at the base. When we entered the living room I immediately noticed the antique baby crib. She explained that she and Alex had recently had a baby and also said that he was on a mission for now but would return later that evening.
While the cute little baby slept peacefully, Isabelle and I gently talked about my research over coffee. She got her own research paper and we were able to exchange a lot of info. She also told me the story about what had happened with Alex and his friend and I was intrigued. We talked some more and she insisted that I stayed with them to have supper since Alex would be home by then.
He did arrive home late that afternoon. Isabella hugged and kissed him and also explained to him who I was and why I was visiting. Alex was happy that I showed interest in the subject. The cute little baby had woken up by now and while Isabella was feeding their daughter, Alex told me exactly what had happened to Philip. I was amazed at what he remembered about the day of the accident. He told me how the military had tried to accuse him of the accident at first and how he was not willing to think of it as an accident. He said he knew somehow there was more to the story. So when he finally convinced his superiors to investigate the matter with cameras, they encountered the same lights on that mission and one of the F16 flew into the mountain. Even though he had clear evidence on tape, his superiors still said it was a natural phenomenon and they refused to believe his theory. I could tell that Alex was still very upset about this.
Isabella brought the baby to us and handed it to Alex. He smiled at his baby daughter in his arms and gently rocked her. I just had to smile. Isabella told me how Philip had also had a wife and two kids at the time and how Alex wanted to do everything he could to help them. She explained to me how he had gone up the mountain with Philip’s dad in search of answers and how he had stumbled onto Philip. Somehow the beings had not wanted to harm him, but had somehow rescued him from his plane as it has crashed. She explained how Philip had no idea how he had made it, but that he was grateful to be alive. Philip couldn’t remember much of what had happened to him while he was missing at first. Alex had brought him back home safely to his family. A couple of days later, Philip started to remember what had happened to him and he had long talks with Alex about it. Their superiors were happy to have Philip back in one piece, but they didn’t want to believe what the two friends had to say about what had happened. Isabella recalled how both Alex and Philip had been frustrated and mad about the whole situation. Furthermore, they were forced to keep their little alien theory to themselves if they ever wanted to fly F16’s again …
Isabella noticed my sudden hesitation and reassured me that both Alex and Philip had never given up on their theory and would gladly help me with my thesis. It had been several years since the incident and they decided that everyone had a right to know what had happened at the mountain. So I ended up not only spending the evening with Alex and Isabella, but they also invited Philip and his wife and kids over so we could talk about everything that had happened. I was thrilled to get all the info from them and we decided then and there to stay in close contact.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:12 PM   #34
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Awesome. Can I read your thesis?

Will Philip and Alex still be able to fly their F-16s once your thesis is published?

Old 11-03-2017, 01:52 AM   #35
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Awesome. Can I read your thesis?

Will Philip and Alex still be able to fly their F-16s once your thesis is published?
You sure can, my friend
I would make sure they don't lose their jobs over this.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #36
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Day 4 – Character 4: An audit of the A-team

Hannibal walked into the apartment where Face was currently residing. “Face,” he called. “Guess what my lawyer gave me this morning? It has your name written all over it.” Hannibal hands Face the letter. “The IRS? Really? As if Decker on our trail isn’t enough heat.”

“Hannibal” says Face as he takes the letter, folds it in two, and puts it into his inner coat pocket, “Relax. I got this. I can charm any auditor and make all our troubles go away.”
After Hannibal left, Face pulled out the letter and read it. It said:
Quote:
NOTICE OF AUDIT
April 1, 1984
Attention: Lt. Templeton Peck
Upon reviewing your current tax return, we have decided to conduct an audit of all your tax returns for the previous 3 years. Please have all documentation supporting your entries available within ten days of this letter. An auditor will meet you at this address……… at 9 am.
One week later….

Face walked into the hotel with his briefcase. He was meeting the auditor in the conference room in the Beverly Wilshire hotel. When he got to the conference room, he noticed that there was a table and two chairs, but no auditor. As I walked into conference room, I greeted Face. “Good morning. I am Racquel Sevigny. I will be conducting your audit. Let’s get started.”
Old 11-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #37
LittleMonkeyDog

Do go on. Can't wait to find out what he'll try to do to convince Racquel there's nothing going on. LOL. Love the character's name btw.
FYI, VBS, been writing part of mine on the train to Amsterdam
Old 11-11-2017, 09:46 PM   #38
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Do go on. Can't wait to find out what he'll try to do to convince Racquel there's nothing going on. LOL. Love the character's name btw.
FYI, VBS, been writing part of mine on the train to Amsterdam
Very nice. Was hoping to work on it until I got home late. Freezing rain and black ice did not a speedy commute make. I can't wait to read yours. Mine may come in pieces.

The name is courtesy of Flyngirl.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:16 PM   #39
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Day 4 – Character 4: An audit of the A-team

Hannibal walked into the apartment where Face was currently residing. “Face,” he called. “Guess what my lawyer gave me this morning? It has your name written all over it.” Hannibal hands Face the letter. “The IRS? Really? As if Decker on our trail isn’t enough heat.”

“Hannibal” says Face as he takes the letter, folds it in two, and puts it into his inner coat pocket, “Relax. I got this. I can charm any auditor and make all our troubles go away.”
After Hannibal left, Face pulled out the letter and read it. It said:

One week later….

Face walked into the hotel with his briefcase. He was meeting the auditor in the conference room in the Beverly Wilshire hotel. When he got to the conference room, he noticed that there was a table and two chairs, but no auditor. As I walked into conference room, I greeted Face. “Good morning. I am Racquel Sevigny. I will be conducting your audit. Let’s get started.”
“My first question: what entity type are you filing under? I am trying to figure out whether you should be filing as a partnership, sole proprietors, or as a corporation. It is just not clear on your tax return and will clearly impact the length of this audit.” I walked over to the table and indicated that Face should have a seat in the other chair. “Well,” he said smiling, “I filed as partnership. We paid all of our taxes… as you should have seen on our returns.” He sat down, leaned back in the chair with his arms crossed, and smiled.

“Yes, I saw that you paid the social security and FICA on your 941 returns. You do know that social security is part of FICA, don’t you? Therefore, you have overpaid those taxes.” I looked at him as I sat in the other chair at the table, placed my bottle of water on the table, and opened my briefcase. “Do your teammates know that you overpaid your taxes? Are you skimming money from all those jobs you and the others got paid for over the past 15 years? I understand you received both cash payments and interest in the profits when the clients couldn’t come up with your fee. That’s an awful lot of cash to keep track of.” Face leaned forward, smiled, and said, “I invested the profits for the group. We have many interests. I oversee all of them, especially the ones with the ladies.” He winked as he finished the last sentence, thinking this might soften me up.

“I am not amused, Lt. Peck. You seem to think that you and the rest of the members of your team can do whatever you want, regardless of whether or not it is legal, and we will just look the other way. I assure you, we will not. Now,” I said as I set the notepad I had taken out of my briefcase on the table, “answer these questions.” I read off a list of questions prepared by my team in preparation for this audit. “How many businesses are you part owner of? Where are the Schedule K-1s that should accompany the 1065? I see in my notes that in prior years, you had a restaurant in Chinatown that you claimed to be part owner of. Where’s your inventory list from that restaurant? You can’t just put the income on the form without the details. There’s $50,000 listed as earnings on the form. Are you expecting me to believe this is the income you are claiming for the whole team?” I set my pencil down on top of my notepad and looked over at Face. “Really, Lt., with all those business classes you took, you should have taken a tax class. This would be much easier for both of us then.” I stared at Face, waiting for him to answer the questions I had just asked. I was pretty sure that what he was going to tell me wasn’t going to be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It was going to be a long afternoon sorting out these details…
Old 11-17-2017, 12:02 PM   #40
LittleMonkeyDog

LOL. She's good !!! She's really good !!! Giving Face a hard time Can't wait to read more.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #41
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Question Re: Survey: A Day With a Fictional Character

For the record, this literally made me laugh out loud. I think Face has met his match.
- Brian Greene
Old 11-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #42
LittleMonkeyDog

Day 4 - Character 4:
My fictional character: David Blake (Ssss)
I was happy to meet up with David. We often had the same classes in college and had become very good friends. A while ago, he told me how a certain professor Carl Stoner had asked him to become his assistant. He had been thrilled. He was working with Dr. Stoner to help create a serum that would safeguard people against venomous snake bites.
That morning, we stopped for coffee first before heading to our classes. David started to explain that they were doing some experimental research on the serum which involved him getting injections every day. Somehow this news gave me chills. I asked David whether he was sure it was safe what he was doing and he re-assured me that it was. I still wasn’t convinced, but let David finish his story. I kept a close eye on him and noticed something really weird about his behavior as well as his outer appearance. I couldn’t exactly put my finger to it. He was quite pale almost greyish looking and his usually bright and sparkling blue eyes were dull. Being concerned about his well-being, I asked him if he was feeling alright or not. He seemed a bit surprised at first, but re-assured me he was feeling well and wasn’t stressed out. He tried to convince me and explained just how much he loved working with Dr. Stoner and how he had fallen head over heels in love with his daughter, Kristina.
I was relieved to see a bit of the old David, but still I wondered what was going on. So that’s when I decided I needed to do a little background research of my own about Dr. Stoner. David invited me to go with him to the lab later that day after we finished our classes. We met up and I drove with him to Dr. Stoner’s house where his lab was. David was eager to show me what he’d been working on all this time. Even though the amount of snakes present kind of freaked me out, I was amazed about the work they were doing. What freaked me out even more was meeting Dr. Stoner in person. There was just something about the guy that sent shivers down my spine and David seemed to be oblivious. My need to investigate only grew bigger, but I decided not to tell David. I also met Kristina and understood straight away why David loved her so much. She was as passionate about her work as he was and she also was a sweet and caring person. We got along straight away.
Since Dr. Stoner and David had some researching to do, Kristina asked me if I wanted to tag along to a fair in town. I agreed and so I ended up driving with Kristina. We chatted about my fear of snakes during the ride and Kristina re-assured me that I shouldn’t be afraid of them. We also ended up talking about David. I could sense that she cared very deeply about him. We had a great time hanging out at the fair. It had some really weird things and Kristina and I absolutely wanted to check out the half man/half snake creature they claimed to have. We entered the tent filled with expectations. Upon seeing the creature up close, Kristina visibly paled and started to scream on top of her lungs. I was with her in an instant asking her what was going on and somehow she managed to tell me she had recognized her former boyfriend in the man/snake creature. He had disappeared without a trace shortly after paying a visit to her dad’s house. The little hairs on the back of my neck started to rise at this news.
“David!” I yelled out loud.
“David? What about …?”
She stopped mid-sentence realizing what I wanted to say.
“Oh God no. Dad specifically warned me not to get involved with David. Please don’t tell me …”
“David told me your dad has been giving him shots that would protect him against the venomous snakes, yet somehow …”
“You think he’s using David as a guinea pig? Oh no … That’s why he fainted at dinner and suddenly suffered from a high fever. It’s all dad.”
“I’m sorry, Kristina. I can’t let him get away with hurting David. I mean David is my best friend. I’ll have to stop him.”
“And we will. I love David and I don’t want to lose him or see him get hurt either. And I certainly won’t let turn him into a snake.”
We hurriedly made our way back to the lab and tried to locate David and Dr. Stoner. We soon found them in the lab as Dr. Stoner was getting ready to give David his next shot.
“Dad! No!”
Kristina ran up to her dad and started to struggle with him as to keep him away from David. I decided to check on poor David. He was lying down on the examination table with his eyes closed. He looked awful and I realized he was barely conscious. I slapped his face a couple of times, but didn’t get much of a reaction.
“How is he?”
I explained the situation to Kristina.
“Dad, what did you do to him? What have you been giving him?”
“I don’t want to reveal details of my research. Not since I’ve made this much progress and I’m on the verge of a break through.”
“Break through? What kind of break through? Killing David?”
“No, I’m not about to kill him. He’s way too valuable for my research.”
“This is a human being we’re talking about mind you, not some lab rat. You have no right to treat him like this.”
“He volunteered to be a part of this research.”
“Dad, you deceived him. You told him those shots were supposed to be an antidote to the snake poison in case he ever got bitten. But it isn’t, is it? Is it?”
“Kristina, I …”
“I saw Anthony today, dad. I saw him. Or should I say it. I saw what you did to him. You’ve turned him into this …”
Her voice broke.
“I can’t and I won’t let you do this to David.”
“Kristina, I told you not to get romantically involved with him.”
“I can’t shut off my emotions like you obviously can, dad. And I happen to be in love with David.”
I had listened to Kristina while keeping an eye on David’s condition. He was still unconscious.
I was starting to fear for my friend’s life and that made me very angry.
“Where is the antidote? You’re gonna get it and give it to him straight away.”
“I don’t have such a thing?”
“What?”
“Besides, he’s already in transition.”
“Oh no. No, no, no. You’re so not getting away with this. You’re not turning my best friend into a snake.”
“I already did.”
I lost control completely, ran up to Dr. Stoner and punched him. I couldn’t help myself. Meanwhile, Kristina ran up to check on David. I snapped out of my rage when I heard Kristina’s voice telling me she called 911 and they would arrive shortly to take care of David.
The paramedics arrived within minutes. Kristina and I hugged each other as her dad was being led away by the police that had arrived together with the ambulance. The paramedics examined David and explained to the both of us that he was in critical condition, but they would try and do everything to save his life. Kristina and I were allowed to ride with him to the hospital and we both hoped and prayed he would make it through to this …
Old 11-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #43
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Aw man, and you left it with a cliffhanger, just like the movie! How rude.
But seriously, this was a creative take on the story, and I didn't know what was coming next, which was a good thing. I think David has a better chance in your version than he did in the original, though. Also, reading the story was a different experience than watching the movie, because I can't stop doing double-takes at seeing the name...
- Brian Greene
Old 11-19-2017, 04:27 PM   #44
LittleMonkeyDog

Day 5 - Character 5:
My fictional character: Gil Foley (Chopper One)

It was a very beautiful day and my parents decided to go out for a boat trip and I tagged along. My dad navigated the boat and mom was inside preparing a delicious lunch. I sat on the deck enjoying the warmth of the sun while reading my favorite book. My peace and quiet was disturbed when out of nowhere I was attacked by wasps. Being terrified of them, I anxiously started to sway my arms in order to get them to leave me alone. But in the process, I somehow managed to tumble out of the boat and hit my head in the process …
“It’s okay. It’s alright. You’re gonna be just fine.”
I found myself in the arms of a strange man while still in the water coughing violently. I had no clue what was going on.
“You fell overboard and hit your head.”
I gazed up at him for a minute or so and got lost in the most amazing, bright blue eyes I had ever seen in my 16 years of being on his planet.
“I’m Officer Gil Foley by the way. You’re safe now! Don’t worry! Let’s get you into the helicopter and take you to the hospital to make sure you’re not hurt.”
He held me into his strong arms while he swam back towards the chopper. There was another man in the chopper that introduced himself as Officer Burdeck and with the help of both of them I managed to climb into the helicopter. Officer Burdeck handed me a large towel which I gratefully accepted. I watched as Officer Foley also climbed on board of the helicopter. His uniform was soaked and Officer Burdeck also handed him a large towel. I realized they were both police officers. Officer Foley turned around in his seat and asked if I was doing okay. My teeth were chattering due to the cold and I was in too much of a daze to actually answer his question so I ended up merely nodding my head.
Officer Burdeck got in touch with the police station to inform them what was happening and Officer Foley flew the chopper to the hospital. We landed on the rooftop. They both got out and Officer Foley carried me bridal style inside the hospital. I had to admit he had the kindest eyes and the sweetest smile. He dropped me off at the hospital and reassured me once again that I would be safe before he and Officer Burdeck left again. I was still in too much of a daze to utter a word …
The doctor decided to do a quick checkup and some tests to see whether I was alright. He was a bit worried that I didn’t seem to remember what had happened. I was glad to have my parents with me so they could tell the story. My dad told the doctor that I fell overboard while being attacked by wasps and that he thought I hit my hit while tumbling into the water. Being terrified that I would drown my dad had dove in to look for me while mom had called the police. The police chopper had responded almost immediately. Dad had been in the water desperately trying to locate me all this time and he explained that Officer Foley had landed the chopper and had immediately dove into the water to help rescue me. Being an experienced diver, he had quickly managed to find me and bring me to safety. I realized he basically saved my life …
According to the doctor, I wasn’t in that bad of a shape but he didn’t want to take any risks and wanted to keep me overnight for observation. I wasn’t too pleased with the news. Despite the fact that I felt great, I was not allowed to get out of bed and was supposed to get some rest. Since I really wasn’t feeling up to sleeping, mom brought me my book.
Later that afternoon – mom and dad had just left to go to the cafeteria for a little while – I heard a soft knock on my door. I was surprised to see a large stuffed toy bear appear into the opening of the door followed by Officer Foley who was carrying said bear.
“Hi,” I somehow managed to utter.
“Hi. I just wanted to check and make sure you’re doing okay. Your parents told us that they wanted to keep you overnight and so I thought you could use some company.”
He handed me the huge bear.
“Thanks .. uh … Officer … uh.”
“Foley, but please call me Gil.”
“Okay, Gil. I owe you a big thank you for saving my life.”
“That’s okay. It’s part of my job.”
“Still. I don’t know how to express how grateful I truly am.”
“Well. There is a little something you could do for me?”
“Really?”
“Yes. Your dad told me what an excellent surfer you are.”
“He did?”
“Yup. So … I was wondering if you could give me a surfing lesson. I’ve been practicing a lot, but I still think I could do with some lessons. Will you help me? That’s once you’re all better off course.”
“I sure would love to teach you. You’re on!”
Old 11-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #45
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

I dunno if this fits the story guidelines - I was getting a sense of some definite teenage crushing going on... Just kidding. This was a sweet story, and I think surfing lessons could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Nice job!
- Brian Greene
Old 11-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #46
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Day 4 - Character 4:
My fictional character: David Blake (Ssss)
I was happy to meet up with David. We often had the same classes in college and had become very good friends. A while ago, he told me how a certain professor Carl Stoner had asked him to become his assistant. He had been thrilled. He was working with Dr. Stoner to help create a serum that would safeguard people against venomous snake bites.
That morning, we stopped for coffee first before heading to our classes. David started to explain that they were doing some experimental research on the serum which involved him getting injections every day. Somehow this news gave me chills. I asked David whether he was sure it was safe what he was doing and he re-assured me that it was. I still wasn’t convinced, but let David finish his story. I kept a close eye on him and noticed something really weird about his behavior as well as his outer appearance. I couldn’t exactly put my finger to it. He was quite pale almost greyish looking and his usually bright and sparkling blue eyes were dull. Being concerned about his well-being, I asked him if he was feeling alright or not. He seemed a bit surprised at first, but re-assured me he was feeling well and wasn’t stressed out. He tried to convince me and explained just how much he loved working with Dr. Stoner and how he had fallen head over heels in love with his daughter, Kristina.
I was relieved to see a bit of the old David, but still I wondered what was going on. So that’s when I decided I needed to do a little background research of my own about Dr. Stoner. David invited me to go with him to the lab later that day after we finished our classes. We met up and I drove with him to Dr. Stoner’s house where his lab was. David was eager to show me what he’d been working on all this time. Even though the amount of snakes present kind of freaked me out, I was amazed about the work they were doing. What freaked me out even more was meeting Dr. Stoner in person. There was just something about the guy that sent shivers down my spine and David seemed to be oblivious. My need to investigate only grew bigger, but I decided not to tell David. I also met Kristina and understood straight away why David loved her so much. She was as passionate about her work as he was and she also was a sweet and caring person. We got along straight away.
Since Dr. Stoner and David had some researching to do, Kristina asked me if I wanted to tag along to a fair in town. I agreed and so I ended up driving with Kristina. We chatted about my fear of snakes during the ride and Kristina re-assured me that I shouldn’t be afraid of them. We also ended up talking about David. I could sense that she cared very deeply about him. We had a great time hanging out at the fair. It had some really weird things and Kristina and I absolutely wanted to check out the half man/half snake creature they claimed to have. We entered the tent filled with expectations. Upon seeing the creature up close, Kristina visibly paled and started to scream on top of her lungs. I was with her in an instant asking her what was going on and somehow she managed to tell me she had recognized her former boyfriend in the man/snake creature. He had disappeared without a trace shortly after paying a visit to her dad’s house. The little hairs on the back of my neck started to rise at this news.
“David!” I yelled out loud.
“David? What about …?”
She stopped mid-sentence realizing what I wanted to say.
“Oh God no. Dad specifically warned me not to get involved with David. Please don’t tell me …”
“David told me your dad has been giving him shots that would protect him against the venomous snakes, yet somehow …”
“You think he’s using David as a guinea pig? Oh no … That’s why he fainted at dinner and suddenly suffered from a high fever. It’s all dad.”
“I’m sorry, Kristina. I can’t let him get away with hurting David. I mean David is my best friend. I’ll have to stop him.”
“And we will. I love David and I don’t want to lose him or see him get hurt either. And I certainly won’t let turn him into a snake.”
We hurriedly made our way back to the lab and tried to locate David and Dr. Stoner. We soon found them in the lab as Dr. Stoner was getting ready to give David his next shot.
“Dad! No!”
Kristina ran up to her dad and started to struggle with him as to keep him away from David. I decided to check on poor David. He was lying down on the examination table with his eyes closed. He looked awful and I realized he was barely conscious. I slapped his face a couple of times, but didn’t get much of a reaction.
“How is he?”
I explained the situation to Kristina.
“Dad, what did you do to him? What have you been giving him?”
“I don’t want to reveal details of my research. Not since I’ve made this much progress and I’m on the verge of a break through.”
“Break through? What kind of break through? Killing David?”
“No, I’m not about to kill him. He’s way too valuable for my research.”
“This is a human being we’re talking about mind you, not some lab rat. You have no right to treat him like this.”
“He volunteered to be a part of this research.”
“Dad, you deceived him. You told him those shots were supposed to be an antidote to the snake poison in case he ever got bitten. But it isn’t, is it? Is it?”
“Kristina, I …”
“I saw Anthony today, dad. I saw him. Or should I say it. I saw what you did to him. You’ve turned him into this …”
Her voice broke.
“I can’t and I won’t let you do this to David.”
“Kristina, I told you not to get romantically involved with him.”
“I can’t shut off my emotions like you obviously can, dad. And I happen to be in love with David.”
I had listened to Kristina while keeping an eye on David’s condition. He was still unconscious.
I was starting to fear for my friend’s life and that made me very angry.
“Where is the antidote? You’re gonna get it and give it to him straight away.”
“I don’t have such a thing?”
“What?”
“Besides, he’s already in transition.”
“Oh no. No, no, no. You’re so not getting away with this. You’re not turning my best friend into a snake.”
“I already did.”
I lost control completely, ran up to Dr. Stoner and punched him. I couldn’t help myself. Meanwhile, Kristina ran up to check on David. I snapped out of my rage when I heard Kristina’s voice telling me she called 911 and they would arrive shortly to take care of David.
The paramedics arrived within minutes. Kristina and I hugged each other as her dad was being led away by the police that had arrived together with the ambulance. The paramedics examined David and explained to the both of us that he was in critical condition, but they would try and do everything to save his life. Kristina and I were allowed to ride with him to the hospital and we both hoped and prayed he would make it through to this …
This is really good. Are you leaving us hanging or will there be an addition to the story?

Old 11-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #47
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
I dunno if this fits the story guidelines - I was getting a sense of some definite teenage crushing going on... Just kidding. This was a sweet story, and I think surfing lessons could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Nice job!
I think it's a very beautiful start and who says friends can't crush on each other? I see the next chapter fitting beautifully in the next thread.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #48
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Day 5 - Character 5:
My fictional character: Gil Foley (Chopper One)

It was a very beautiful day and my parents decided to go out for a boat trip and I tagged along. My dad navigated the boat and mom was inside preparing a delicious lunch. I sat on the deck enjoying the warmth of the sun while reading my favorite book. My peace and quiet was disturbed when out of nowhere I was attacked by wasps. Being terrified of them, I anxiously started to sway my arms in order to get them to leave me alone. But in the process, I somehow managed to tumble out of the boat and hit my head in the process …
“It’s okay. It’s alright. You’re gonna be just fine.”
I found myself in the arms of a strange man while still in the water coughing violently. I had no clue what was going on.
“You fell overboard and hit your head.”
I gazed up at him for a minute or so and got lost in the most amazing, bright blue eyes I had ever seen in my 16 years of being on his planet.
“I’m Officer Gil Foley by the way. You’re safe now! Don’t worry! Let’s get you into the helicopter and take you to the hospital to make sure you’re not hurt.”
He held me into his strong arms while he swam back towards the chopper. There was another man in the chopper that introduced himself as Officer Burdeck and with the help of both of them I managed to climb into the helicopter. Officer Burdeck handed me a large towel which I gratefully accepted. I watched as Officer Foley also climbed on board of the helicopter. His uniform was soaked and Officer Burdeck also handed him a large towel. I realized they were both police officers. Officer Foley turned around in his seat and asked if I was doing okay. My teeth were chattering due to the cold and I was in too much of a daze to actually answer his question so I ended up merely nodding my head.
Officer Burdeck got in touch with the police station to inform them what was happening and Officer Foley flew the chopper to the hospital. We landed on the rooftop. They both got out and Officer Foley carried me bridal style inside the hospital. I had to admit he had the kindest eyes and the sweetest smile. He dropped me off at the hospital and reassured me once again that I would be safe before he and Officer Burdeck left again. I was still in too much of a daze to utter a word …
The doctor decided to do a quick checkup and some tests to see whether I was alright. He was a bit worried that I didn’t seem to remember what had happened. I was glad to have my parents with me so they could tell the story. My dad told the doctor that I fell overboard while being attacked by wasps and that he thought I hit my hit while tumbling into the water. Being terrified that I would drown my dad had dove in to look for me while mom had called the police. The police chopper had responded almost immediately. Dad had been in the water desperately trying to locate me all this time and he explained that Officer Foley had landed the chopper and had immediately dove into the water to help rescue me. Being an experienced diver, he had quickly managed to find me and bring me to safety. I realized he basically saved my life …
According to the doctor, I wasn’t in that bad of a shape but he didn’t want to take any risks and wanted to keep me overnight for observation. I wasn’t too pleased with the news. Despite the fact that I felt great, I was not allowed to get out of bed and was supposed to get some rest. Since I really wasn’t feeling up to sleeping, mom brought me my book.
Later that afternoon – mom and dad had just left to go to the cafeteria for a little while – I heard a soft knock on my door. I was surprised to see a large stuffed toy bear appear into the opening of the door followed by Officer Foley who was carrying said bear.
“Hi,” I somehow managed to utter.
“Hi. I just wanted to check and make sure you’re doing okay. Your parents told us that they wanted to keep you overnight and so I thought you could use some company.”
He handed me the huge bear.
“Thanks .. uh … Officer … uh.”
“Foley, but please call me Gil.”
“Okay, Gil. I owe you a big thank you for saving my life.”
“That’s okay. It’s part of my job.”
“Still. I don’t know how to express how grateful I truly am.”
“Well. There is a little something you could do for me?”
“Really?”
“Yes. Your dad told me what an excellent surfer you are.”
“He did?”
“Yup. So … I was wondering if you could give me a surfing lesson. I’ve been practicing a lot, but I still think I could do with some lessons. Will you help me? That’s once you’re all better off course.”
“I sure would love to teach you. You’re on!”
Wow. Need I say more.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:27 PM   #49
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
LOL. I knew I would get this reaction from you and you know how I love to tease
But in my defence. I have heard that people who face a near-dead situation and are being rescued often develop deep feelings for whoever rescued them. I guess in his case with a teenage girl, she'd probably crush on her handsome savior at first
Old 11-19-2017, 11:29 PM   #50
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
This is really good. Are you leaving us hanging or will there be an addition to the story?
I was going to leave you hanging ... Why? Would you like me to write an addition to the story?
Glad you liked it