LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Movie and TV work reviews

Movie and TV work reviews For comments and reviews of Dirk's television, theater, and movie work.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #76
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Default Re: Survey: A Day With a Fictional Character

Agreed. I like seeing what a happy ending would have looked like.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:52 AM   #77
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Yeah sorry. I'm a sucker for a happy ending
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:12 PM   #78
LittleMonkeyDog

Day 7 - character 7
My fictional character: Templeton "Face" Peck

I had been super stoked to start my new job as a personal stylist in this renowned store on Rodeo Drive. Working there was like a dream come true! I got my own portfolio of clients and my boss had told me all I needed to know about them. I couldn’t wait to meet them.
I was very excited when my co-worker called me that morning to inform me that one of my clients, Templeton Peck, had arrived. I happily jumped up from behind me desk and hurriedly made my way downstairs to meet up with him.
“Welcome once again, Mr. Peck. We’re always delighted to have you here.”
I politely introduced myself to him while shaking his hand. I knew he was a loyal customer and so I intended to do my very best to help him.
“Could I offer you something to drink before we get started? A glass of champagne perhaps or would you rather prefer a nice hot cup of coffee or tea?”
“Ah yes. A cup of coffee sounds nice to me. But please drop the Mr. Peck. It makes me sound so old. Templeton is the name, but my friends call me Face.”
I invited him to sit down in the seating area and hurriedly made my way to the kitchen to get him his cup of coffee. Since I had to get to know my customer to be able to truly help him, I poured myself another cup of coffee and joined him for a nice informal chat in the seating area. My boss had informed me that Templeton Peck was an A-team member, but had asked me to be very discreet about it. We ended up talking about his job and life in general.
“How can I help you today?”
“It’s been a while since I bought some new clothes and in my line of duty it is of vital importance to look good at all times. So I’d like a couple of new suits and maybe a new tuxedo as well.”
I refilled his cup of coffee before I headed into the store to get some suits, matching shirts and ties. He didn’t have to wait long before I returned and showed him some of our finest Armani and Zegna suits. He was very impressed. Not only did he like the suits I presented to him, but he also liked the matching shirts and ties. So he wanted to know if everything was still available in his size and I told him I brought it all with me in his size already.
He was very impressed that I knew exactly what size he had and so I explained that it was part of my job. He eagerly jumped up from the couch and went to the fitting room to try everything on. He loved every outfit. I gave him extra advice on possible combinations and he listened intently.
He ended up with 4 suits, 8 matching shirts and 8 ties. I politely informed if he still wanted a new tux, because I knew the suits, shirts and ties already cost a fortune. He eagerly agreed. So I poured him another cup of coffee and went back to the store to get a selection of our finest tuxedos. Once again he loved what I had to offer and tried on a couple of them. He even had a hard time choosing one, but finally decided on the one with the white jacket, black pants and blue waistband and bowtie. I was super happy to be able to help a loyal customer of my company.
“Hey,” he said when he left the fitting room. “I see that it’s lunch time already. I was thinking. Would you like to have lunch with me? You’ve been a great help to me so far and I would like to pick out some new casual clothes as well, but I’m kinda getting hungry. I would actually really appreciate it if you would join me for lunch. I have a feeling we’ll get along great.”
I was flattered and so I accepted his offer. He took me to one of the fancy restaurants and we enjoyed a delicious lunch while talking to one another. It was as if we had known each other for years. We talked and laughed and joked. When we finished our lunch, we returned to the store. I now handed him a glass of champagne and went in search for some comfy, yet stylish casual clothes. Once again he was amazed by what I came up with. I showed him some nice designer jeans, stylish sweatshirts, fashionable shirts and some leather jackets. I couldn’t believe he actually picked out quite some items on top of everything he already bought. I wondered whether he would be aware of the amount of money he would need to pay for all of his purchases.
“Are you sure you want to buy all of it?”
“Yes, I’m sure. Very sure! You did a marvelous job.”
“Aren’t you worried …”
“Worried about what? Ah, you mean the bill. No. I’m not worried. Sure it will cost me a whole lot of money. But perfection not only takes time, but also money. It’s worth it and like I said you did a wonderful job. In fact. Would it be okay if I book another appointment for next week? Say the same time?”
Old 12-08-2017, 04:33 PM   #79
Flygirl
Erin

I finally got around reading all these awesome stories!...

VBS, great ending! I really enjoyed this and I like that Racquel gave him such a hard time, too.

LMD, loved both of the new stories!! You capture Face very well. It’s especially cool that you wrote about Rowlett from his perspective- first MoTD fanfic I’ve read! I’m also a sucker for a happy ending and for some reason, even though he wasn’t the most decent guy, I actually found him to be a sympathetic character... so I liked what you did there.

Great job, all around!!!
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:27 PM   #80
Vballspieler
Dirkette

LMD, I see that you and I will be having a chat about a certain Mr. Peck and the amount of money he spent on his wardrobe. I will certainly need to review his deductions and see if some designer attire shows up there.

It was an awesome story. Lunch out, too. You must have a very nice boss.
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #81
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
LMD, I see that you and I will be having a chat about a certain Mr. Peck and the amount of money he spent on his wardrobe. I will certainly need to review his deductions and see if some designer attire shows up there.

LMD, VBS, I think you guys need to write a story about your characters having this chat - preferably with Mr. Peck present.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #82
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
I finally got around reading all these awesome stories!...

VBS, great ending! I really enjoyed this and I like that Racquel gave him such a hard time, too.

LMD, loved both of the new stories!! You capture Face very well. It’s especially cool that you wrote about Rowlett from his perspective- first MoTD fanfic I’ve read! I’m also a sucker for a happy ending and for some reason, even though he wasn’t the most decent guy, I actually found him to be a sympathetic character... so I liked what you did there.

Great job, all around!!!
Thanks. I also thought he was a sympathetic character.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:25 PM   #83
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:

Oops. So now I got him in trouble

Thanks Yes I have a very cool boss I know.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #84
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
LMD, VBS, I think you guys need to write a story about your characters having this chat - preferably with Mr. Peck present.
That sounds very interesting to me. What do you think about this, VBS? Should we invite Mr. Peck for a chat with the both of us?
Old 12-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #85
Vballspieler
Dirkette

To whom it may concern:

It has come to my attention that a Lieutenant Peck has made some purchases at your business. Attached is a subpoena to produce records of said purchases for the past three years.

Once the documents have been received, a meeting will be set up between you, Lieutenant Peck, and myself.

Sincerely,
Racquel
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:36 PM   #86
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
To whom it may concern:

It has come to my attention that a Lieutenant Peck has made some purchases at your business. Attached is a subpoena to produce records of said purchases for the past three years.

Once the documents have been received, a meeting will be set up between you, Lieutenant Peck, and myself.

Sincerely,
Racquel
NOTICE OF AUDIT - QUESTIONNAIRE

It has come to my attention that you have been involved with certain purchases made by a Lieutenant Templeton Peck. Please provide as much detail as possible for the man known as Templeton Peck, "Faceman," and many other aliases. It will not be beneficial to lie or stretch the truth for either yourself or the man known as Templeton Peck. Any discrepancies will be forwarded to our forensic accountant and will be audited until she is satisfied.

Please answer the following questions:

1. What kind of clothing did you supply to Peck? Please break down into these categories:
- outerwear
- suits
- shirts
- athletic attire
- accessories (ties, cufflinks, tie clips, watches, belts, etc)

2. How often did he stop in your boutique? How did he set up his "appointments"?

3. Did he bring any companions with him?

4. What kind of requests did he make of the staff at this location?

5. What was the retail cost of the merchandise that Peck took with him? What did he pay for that merchandise?

The results of this notice are due in the LA branch of the IRS office within the next two weeks. Failure to comply with the request will bring legal action against this business and all known associates. if you have any questions, you can reach me at 555-3145.

Racquel
IRS Auditor

Old 05-01-2018, 10:37 PM   #87
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Wow. i was re-reading some of these stories and remembered how fun it was to see what would happen next. I hope you like the next part of the Templeton Peck Audit.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #88
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Wow. i was re-reading some of these stories and remembered how fun it was to see what would happen next. I hope you like the next part of the Templeton Peck Audit.
Can't wait
Old 05-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #89
LittleMonkeyDog

It has come to my attention that you have been involved with certain purchases made by a Lieutenant Templeton Peck. Please provide as much detail as possible for the man known as Templeton Peck, "Faceman," and many other aliases. It will not be beneficial to lie or stretch the truth for either yourself or the man known as Templeton Peck. Any discrepancies will be forwarded to our forensic accountant and will be audited until she is satisfied.

1. What kind of clothing did you supply to Peck? Please break down into these categories:
- outerwear
- suits
- shirts
- athletic attire

2. How often did he stop in your boutique? How did he set up his "appointments"?

5. What was the retail cost of the merchandise that Peck took with him? What did he pay for that merchandise?

The results of this notice are due in the LA branch of the IRS office within the next two weeks. Failure to comply with the request will bring legal action against this business and all known associates. if you have any questions, you can reach me at 555-3145.

Racquel
IRS Auditor

To Mrs. Racquel - IRS Auditor:

We have received your notice of audit concerning one of our clients Mr. Templeton Peck. We’ve done our utmost best to provide you with the answers to your questions and have been very open and honest in answering them. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require more extended info or have certain questions concerning the answers we’ve provided. We do hope to have been of help to you.
Kind regards,
Lookin’ Good Everyday Styling – Angela
Manager
Anwers to your questions:
1. We supplied the following items to Mr. Peck (per category as requested):
Outerwear: overcoat, leather jacket
Suits: suits, tuxedo, dress pants
Shirts: dress shirts, poloshirts
Knitwear: knitted sweater, knitted cardigan
Jeans: jeans
Athletic attire: track pants, t-shirts, swim trunks, bathrobe, shorts
Nightwear: pajamas
Accessories: socks, underwear (boxers and shirts), wallet, belts, ties, sunglasses
Shoes: dress shoes, running shoes, slippers
2. We are not a boutique. Lookin’ Good Everyday Styling is a styling agency and we offer our clients a wide variety of services including a Personal Shopper service. Mr. Peck is one of our most loyal customers. He usually had a monthly appointment with his Personal Stylist, but occasionally he came by twice a month. As manager of this company, I personally took care of Mr. Peck since he is one of our most important customers. He made arrangements with me for his next appointment usually during his previous appointment or otherwise if he needed to reschedule he would contact me by phone. Mr. Peck values his privacy and usually his appointments were set up at one of his many properties. We brought a selection of various clothing items he requested with us to this appointment and he made a selection of what he wanted to keep. The company works with several high class boutiques that allow us to pick out clothes for our customers and also allow us to bring back the merchandise the customer doesn’t want to buy. We have specific contracts with these boutiques.
3. Mr. Peck usually shopped for himself, but occasionally he brought a business associate with him. Three of Mr. Peck’s business associates have used our services throughout the past couple of years on a regular base. We also have record of one of Mr. Peck’s female business associates using our service on one occasion.
4. Due to his social status the one thing Mr. Peck requested was absolute discretion and respect of his privacy. He is a very loyal and very important customer for the company and due to his respectable social status we had no problem working with the high class boutiques to attend to his every need. Mr. Peck not only promoted the company but also the high class boutiques we work with and we all have many customers that are part of his entourage. In exchange we were able to offer him some interesting deals on all of his purchases and he invited us (the store owners and their partners and me - manager of the styling company) to a fancy dinner once per season to thank us and to negotiate future deals.
5. The retail value of the items purchased by Mr. Peck for this year up until today is: $ 33052.45. The deal we established for him with all of the high class boutiques we’re working with is that Mr. Peck pays 1/3 of the value ($ 11017.48). Mr. Peck promotes both the boutiques and the agency amongst his many associates in return and has provided both with ample new clients.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #90
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post

- outerwear
- suits
- shirts
- athletic attire

Racquel
IRS Auditor

To Mrs. Racquel - IRS Auditor:

We have received your notice of audit concerning one of our clients Mr. Templeton Peck. We’ve done our utmost best to provide you with the answers to your questions and have been very open and honest in answering them. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require more extended info or have certain questions concerning the answers we’ve provided. We do hope to have been of help to you.
Kind regards,
Lookin’ Good Everyday Styling – Angela
Manager
Anwers to your questions:
1. We supplied the following items to Mr. Peck (per category as requested):
Outerwear: overcoat, leather jacket
Suits: suits, tuxedo, dress pants
Shirts: dress shirts, poloshirts
Knitwear: knitted sweater, knitted cardigan
Jeans: jeans
Athletic attire: track pants, t-shirts, swim trunks, bathrobe, shorts
Nightwear: pajamas
Accessories: socks, underwear (boxers and shirts), wallet, belts, ties, sunglasses
Shoes: dress shoes, running shoes, slippers
2. We are not a boutique. Lookin’ Good Everyday Styling is a styling agency and we offer our clients a wide variety of services including a Personal Shopper service. Mr. Peck is one of our most loyal customers. He usually had a monthly appointment with his Personal Stylist, but occasionally he came by twice a month. As manager of this company, I personally took care of Mr. Peck since he is one of our most important customers. He made arrangements with me for his next appointment usually during his previous appointment or otherwise if he needed to reschedule he would contact me by phone. Mr. Peck values his privacy and usually his appointments were set up at one of his many properties. We brought a selection of various clothing items he requested with us to this appointment and he made a selection of what he wanted to keep. The company works with several high class boutiques that allow us to pick out clothes for our customers and also allow us to bring back the merchandise the customer doesn’t want to buy. We have specific contracts with these boutiques.
3. Mr. Peck usually shopped for himself, but occasionally he brought a business associate with him. Three of Mr. Peck’s business associates have used our services throughout the past couple of years on a regular base. We also have record of one of Mr. Peck’s female business associates using our service on one occasion.
4. Due to his social status the one thing Mr. Peck requested was absolute discretion and respect of his privacy. He is a very loyal and very important customer for the company and due to his respectable social status we had no problem working with the high class boutiques to attend to his every need. Mr. Peck not only promoted the company but also the high class boutiques we work with and we all have many customers that are part of his entourage. In exchange we were able to offer him some interesting deals on all of his purchases and he invited us (the store owners and their partners and me - manager of the styling company) to a fancy dinner once per season to thank us and to negotiate future deals.
5. The retail value of the items purchased by Mr. Peck for this year up until today is: $ 33052.45. The deal we established for him with all of the high class boutiques we’re working with is that Mr. Peck pays 1/3 of the value ($ 11017.48). Mr. Peck promotes both the boutiques and the agency amongst his many associates in return and has provided both with ample new clients.
Dear Angela,

I have received the information you sent over. It does bring up some additional questions and I feel that we should have a face-to-face meeting to discuss them. I will finish reviewing the information provided and would like to set up a meeting in one week. Please provide me a location that works for you.

Sincerely,
Racquel
Old 05-11-2018, 04:39 AM   #91
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Dear Angela,

I have received the information you sent over. It does bring up some additional questions and I feel that we should have a face-to-face meeting to discuss them. I will finish reviewing the information provided and would like to set up a meeting in one week. Please provide me a location that works for you.

Sincerely,
Racquel
Dear Racquel,

I would be happy to answer all of your questions during a face-to-face meeting. We could have the meeting at our main office. I would be able to fit you into my busy schedule either on Wednesday or on Friday starting at lunch time. If you'll let me know what works best for you, we'll provide lunch.

Sincerely,
Angela
Old 05-13-2018, 07:36 PM   #92
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Dear Racquel,

I would be happy to answer all of your questions during a face-to-face meeting. We could have the meeting at our main office. I would be able to fit you into my busy schedule either on Wednesday or on Friday starting at lunch time. If you'll let me know what works best for you, we'll provide lunch.

Sincerely,
Angela
Dear Angela,

Friday works best for me. Why don't you order us Italian for lunch?

Sincerely,
Racquel

Old 05-14-2018, 12:06 AM   #93
LittleMonkeyDog

Dear Racquel,

I'll set up the meeting on Friday at noon and provide the Italian lunch. Do you need me to prepare some additional info before the meeting?

Sincerely,
Angela
Old 05-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #94
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Dear Racquel,

I'll set up the meeting on Friday at noon and provide the Italian lunch. Do you need me to prepare some additional info before the meeting?

Sincerely,
Angela
Hi Angela,

No, i think we should be able to get through my remaining questions at the meeting.

Racquel

Old 06-21-2018, 09:57 PM   #95
Vballspieler
Dirkette

“Good morning Angela. Are you ready for our meeting? I sent a subpoena for Mr. Peck to join us this morning. Have a seat. Let’s start with some questions based on the information you sent over.” I set my briefcase on the table and sat down next to Angela. “Did you want anything to drink while we discuss this?” I looked around and noticed that there were some bottles of water on the table in the back. I went over and grabbed two bottles and set them between us on the table. I then proceeded to take my folder, notebook, and pen from my briefcase. I felt like I could do this audit without my notes as I’ve been immersed in the details about Mr. Peck’s life for many months. I was expecting Mr. Peck to show up before noon. If he didn't, he was going to be in B I G trouble.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #96
LittleMonkeyDog

"Good morning, Racquel. Yes, I am ready for our meeting."
I sat down and retrieved the folder of my client from my briefcase. I was glad that Face would be joining us. He was after all one of my favorite clients. Racquel had already provided us with some water, but I knew my client wouldn't be too happy if all he got was some water.
"You might want to order something else to drink beside water if Mr. Peck is joining us. He prefers a nice bottle of wine when he’s having lunch."
Old 07-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #97
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Angela picked up her water and took a drink. I did the same. “Ok. Why don’t you order a bottle of wine from the front desk? Hopefully, Lt. Peck will get here before the wine does.” Angela ordered the wine and sat back down. “Let’s start with the properties you mentioned,” I asked. “Do you have the addresses? Do you know if Mr. Peck owned them or leased them?” I sat there with my pen in hand, waiting for her answer.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #98
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Wow. Room service at this hotel is VERY slow. We may have to reschedule....

Old 07-15-2018, 11:03 PM   #99
LittleMonkeyDog

I've been invited to three of Mr. Peck’s places: his beach house in the Pacific Palisades, his office in Beverly Hills and the house in the Hollywood Hills. Let me check my phone if I can find the exact addresses. Ah. Here they are. I think he leased the office building, but I’m not sure about the houses. You would have to ask him that question.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #100
Vballspieler
Dirkette

“I want to run these addresses through my database.” I enter all the addresses into my auditing application on the computer. “What about the Associates that Mr. Peck brought with him? Did he ever send an associate in his place or was he always with them?”

As time passed, I looked at my watch. 11:30 am. My subpoena stated that Mr. Peck was to appear at the conference room no later than 12:00 p.m. or a warrant for his arrest would be issued. I know. He was already wanted by the military police, but this was the IRS and we have brought down some of the most notorious gangsters. An AWOL military officer shouldn’t be an issue.

At 11:45 am, there was a knock on the door. Room service was delivering the wine. “Would you like us to serve lunch now?” a waiter inquired. It was still anyone’s guess whether or not a certain Lt. Peck would show up as ordered…