LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Macrobiotics > Recipes

Recipes If you have a great macrobiotic recipe you would like to share or are looking for new ideas to spice up your meal plan share them here.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
Ingra

Default (2)Recipies -(Shitake Mushrooms & Leeks) & (Parsnips

A couple of weeks ago i decided to buy shitake mushrooms, had no idea what to do with them but i bought them along with the leeks. This is (for the time being) my favorite dish. I dont cook with measurements, i just go by eye..

ingredients:
Sesame oil (1 tablespoon, more if needed)
2 Leeks (chopped)
l Lb.Shitake Mushrooms (diced)

i have a cast iron pan, warm up the Sesame oil a bit, then add the leeks,cook the leeks halfway then add the mushrooms, let it stay till the shrooms and leeks are cooked..add sea salt if you like or a little bit of tahari sauce and serve by itself or with Whole Wheat noodles or Brown Rice.

Parsnips with Parsley

ingredients:
(3) Parsnips (after steaming, dice them)
Parsley
Chicken broth

Clean parsnips, Steam to get soft and dice them. Add diced parsnips into pan with 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth, let stay till it evaporates, add parsley 1 minute before shutting the gas,(gives it so much flavor :wink: ) add salt if you like.

I have been experimenting lately, we have the asian food stores here in queens and i try to buy something new and interesting every week, really i didnt think i would like parsnips, but they are delicious..

Hope you enjoy

Ingra
Old 05-01-2007, 02:12 AM   #2
dbukfan

Default Re: (2)Recipies -(Shitake Mushrooms & Leeks) & (Pars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingra
A couple of weeks ago i decided to buy shitake mushrooms, had no idea what to do with them but i bought them along with the leeks. This is (for the time being) my favorite dish. with Whole Wheat noodles or Brown Rice.
they are delicious..

Hope you enjoy

Ingra
Bonjour Ingra

Did'nt know U're Master Chef in NY...buddy!!!...........That's sound delicious indeed :wink:

What time U'll be ready.....I'll be there with my new mate fr Montana....no chicken cubes, pls!! :lol: :lol: ...that's what I call....'Supper for Three....It's Lovely...Jubly' :lol: :lol:

Have a nice day

Ciao Bella

dbukfan...xx

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Genny

Default nice

Yum !
Genny is offline   Reply With Quote