LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
DonnaRedRockMom

Default Dirk is right....food can heal!!!!

I just wanted to share with you how things are going.

I have been eating macrobiotic for almost 2 years now

...I have Lupus and started eating macro to help ease some of the things that happen with Lupus.

.....I am happy to say that my blood test now show that the indicators for having Lupus (ANA levels) are in the normal range.....I have not had a Lupus flair up since I began eating macro

I feel like I can do almost anything without ending me day in pain....it is amazing

......what we eat does affect how we feel and what we can do

drink your tea......read...study....and chew

.....from a brown rice convert,
Dpnna
Old 07-13-2007, 08:11 AM   #2
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

That's fantastic, Donna! We hear these accounts so often, and yet people still doubt - unreal :roll: Thanks for sharing - makes me renew my efforts to stay on "the path", even when temptations arise.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:41 AM   #3
Arciris

Hi Donna!
Thanks for explain your experience. :P
I'm happy of hear this. I'm sure it's a good eat and a good line of health.
Kisses.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
Christy

Hello ALL,

That's wonderful to hear Donna ! Thanks for passing it on to all of us !

Oh, the temptations !.... ....I "hear" ya Ostarella....I'm trying very hard to "stop" from falling off "the path"....I "comfort" eat....especially with everything going on right now. Slowly but surely I'm getting controll over it. You keep hanging in there ! Donna and youself ( and others that I've read posts from ) are encouragment for / to all of us...(me...more than you know ) !

Take Care and Hugs to ALL,
Christy
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:54 AM   #5
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi Donna!

THANKS! for posting that. That is GOOD NEWS to hear.
I think Dirk is absolutely right. What a genius Dirk is.

Hugs,
Anne
Old 07-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #6
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Thanks for the great news Donna RRM!. If it is not too nosey a question, may I ask if your doctors have said anything about your 'improved' blood test results?

Also, I'm glad to hear other posters news and that you're not all perfect on MB. I've slipped off the MB wagon a bit lately, and my tummy has complained! its nice to know we're all human! :lol:

Best wishes all!
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi everyone!

I'm not perfect with MB either. I've only just started myself.
Donna are you going to be at the chat?
I was just wondering.

Take care,
Anne
Old 07-16-2007, 05:27 AM   #8
sara

Thanx for sharing yr experience, Donna..
I'm so happy for your results!

food is actually important in health matters, but it's really difficult to change your uses.. to find a new balance. I must consider working hard to do it, cause I'd really need to solve some probs.. :roll:

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow." --- Dirk Benedict

"Life: my favorite occupation." --- Dirk Benedict
sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:47 AM   #9
NicoleDutch

Fantastic! you are so right; food can heal. Thanks for your story :wink:
Old 07-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #10
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Yes, food is the greatest healer!

I only just thought of this, stupid not to have thought about it before, but ...
we can buy 'corn-fed' chicken, and 'free-range meats' of various kinds. We notice the 'quality' of the meat is different, tastes 'better' than 'cheap' meat from animals given 'garbage' to eat. So the same must be true for us? The quality of our muscles, blood etc, must change based on what we are eating?

I wonder if post-mortem doctors can tell if someone was a 'vegetarian', 'ate lot of fish', 'ate a lot of fast food', etc, just from the body on the table! :shock: (Hope that wasn't too shocking a thing to say, but we do all die! :shock: )

Best wishes
Old 07-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #11
dbukfan

Hi All
1st thing, when I'm back fr mini-break...straight on to seeweed noodles's miso soup+vegs :wink: for late lunch with littly today :lol: :wink: ....&..prob followed brown rice & co. :wink: tom...before off again for takin' off again....V'll try to find soya drink out there..I'm so addicted to soya milk...can't carry too many liquids :shock: :evil: @ all UK airports...not allowed :evil: .
Happy MB's fans to all.
Take care
Hugs...x

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #12
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi everyone!

Yes. Food can heal. I wonder if that goes for chocolate too. :? Dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you. OK. I know it's not MB. :lol:

Take care,
Anne
Old 07-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #13
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Anne - you and your chocolate! :lol: I have heard, too, that it has benefits, but then you look at the detriments... :wink: The funny thing about going MB is that at first, you really miss the "treats" - for me it was the strawberry yogurt and thick hamburgers :roll: But now when I get cravings, it's for a crispy salad, of all things! I used to drink pop like crazy, too, esp at work where it was so much physical labor - now it's iced tea (although I still use the sweetened kind - a habit yet to break).

But my biggest problem with fixing foods is...fixing food. :roll: When family shows up, I love to cook - but when it's just me, and especially when I'm involved in a project of some kind, it just doesn't seem worth it for one person. So I do end up eating things that are more convenient than healthy. Either that I suddenly realize I'm hungry because I've been drinking coffee all day instead of eating anything at all. :shock:
Old 07-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #14
NicoleDutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebeelicious

I wonder if post-mortem doctors can tell if someone was a 'vegetarian', 'ate lot of fish', 'ate a lot of fast food', etc, just from the body on the table! :shock: (Hope that wasn't too shocking a thing to say, but we do all die! :shock: )

Best wishes
They can! I speak out of experience, lol
Old 07-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #15
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleDutch
Quote:

Best wishes
They can! I speak out of experience, lol
Oooh! Intriguing! Please tell more - if it's not too 'yuck'! :shock:
:lol:
Old 07-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #16
DonnaRedRockMom

Quote:
Thanks for the great news Donna RRM!. If it is not too nosey a question, may I ask if your doctors have said anything about your 'improved' blood test results?

Also, I'm glad to hear other posters news and that you're not all perfect on MB. I've slipped off the MB wagon a bit lately, and my tummy has complained! its nice to know we're all human! :lol:

Best wishes all!
It is not too nosey...my doctors are very excited....they support me in the changes I have made and encourage me to continue.....so far I have not been able to leave all drugs but I am using less of several....and as I improve I hope to use less and less....I did not get unhealthy overnight and I won't get completly healthy overnight either....but every day gets better

hang in there everyone and TAKE CARE (Meaning: eat good and take care and responsibility of your health)
Donna
Old 07-18-2007, 02:53 AM   #17
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaRedRockMom
It is not too nosey...my doctors are very excited....they support me in the changes I have made and encourage me to continue.....so far I have not been able to leave all drugs but I am using less of several....and as I improve I hope to use less and less....I did not get unhealthy overnight and I won't get completly healthy overnight either....but every day gets better

hang in there everyone and TAKE CARE (Meaning: eat good and take care and responsibility of your health)
Donna
Great to hear your docs are supportive. Well done to you too, and I'm sure one day in the future you'll hopefully be drug-free? :lol:
Old 07-18-2007, 05:50 AM   #18
UKJules

I think MB is the way to go. It makes so much sense. :!:
:!: :!: Organic vegetables are a must....Where we live surrounded by fields in the Cambridgeshire countryside, farmers grow things like, cabbages, potatoes, cauliflowers, carrots etc.....I could go on. The thing that really concerns me is the amount of pesticides they use on the vegetables. Last year the field next our house was sprayed continually during the summer, sometimes twice a week. It makes you think of what are you actually eating..... :?: :?: :?:

Kind Regards

Jules
Old 07-18-2007, 07:15 AM   #19
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Spraying pesticides is a really hard choice - there have been years we've left our apple trees, and we ended up throwing out 90% of them. This year we're spraying and they're beautiful. Of course, we only have to spray them 2-3 times over the season, not twice weekly. :shock: Of course, with pesticides you can wash that off, if you're thorough. Chemical fertilizers go right into the plant, so... :roll:
Old 07-18-2007, 11:08 AM   #20
NicoleDutch

Hey deebeelicious:
Depends on how strong your stomach is! lol.

No it's not that bad. You do have to be fascinated in the human body, if you are you then you've got nothing to worry (I think).

You know Gunther Von Hagens? I also visited his "corpse" show called Bodies in Brussel. He uses real bodies and plastinates them. Really awesome. Cause you can get close to the bodies and see the difference between healty and not healty (gross). You don't have to have a strong stomach to check out his "shows".

Here's a link to his website:
https://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html
Old 07-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #21
starlight

Quote:
That was gross, surreal and really interesting all in one.

Great news Donna! I hope that one day, I can say something positive about my ailments (or past ones, hopefully). It is inspirational when you hear stories like these.
starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #22
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
You know Gunther Von Hagens? I also visited his "corpse" show called Bodies in Brussel. He uses real bodies and plastinates them. Really awesome. Cause you can get close to the bodies and see the difference between healty and not healty (gross). You don't have to have a strong stomach to check out his "shows".

I'm not pulling up this website - but is this the pervert who has skinned, flayed and plastic-coated human bodies? Then posed them and put them on display for public consumption? And is celebrated as some kind of artist?

When that show rolled through my town, I was actually surprised at my totally visceral negative reaction to it. Part of it was that I couldn't escape it - photographs were paraded across my TV, my newspaper, and on billboards, of the skinless cadavers posed in various positions.

The only people who should have been exposed to this are medical professionals or those who want to become medical professionals. I wasn't given the choice.

I won't go so far as to say this is being disrespectful to the dead (since they or their next-of-kin gave permission), but this is nothing more than the eviscerated remains of a human being put on public display for their shock value-slash-artistic merit. Beyond being more than just a little gross and creepy, it's just plain wrong.

My opinion. Now, can we get back to what this thread is about, please? I just ate.

I am
Dawg

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:20 AM   #23
starlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Quote:

I'm not pulling up this website - but is this the pervert who has skinned, flayed and plastic-coated human bodies? Then posed them and put them on display for public consumption? And is celebrated as some kind of artist?

When that show rolled through my town, I was actually surprised at my totally visceral negative reaction to it. Part of it was that I couldn't escape it - photographs were paraded across my TV, my newspaper, and on billboards, of the skinless cadavers posed in various positions.

The only people who should have been exposed to this are medical professionals or those who want to become medical professionals. I wasn't given the choice.

I won't go so far as to say this is being disrespectful to the dead (since they or their next-of-kin gave permission), but this is nothing more than the eviscerated remains of a human being put on public display for their shock value-slash-artistic merit. Beyond being more than just a little gross and creepy, it's just plain wrong.

My opinion. Now, can we get back to what this thread is about, please? I just ate.

I am
Dawg
To me, this isn't art. But the people here did give permission. This should not have been shown on TV as an advertisement - I find this disrepectful to people who happened to be watching at that time.
I'm not sure if only those in the medical profession should be exposed to this. I think we all should have some knowledge of our bodies since we live in them. But I did not know if this exhibition shows enough information for the wanting to learn public. Personally, I would go elsewhere to find that knowledge.
Hope your dinner stayed down Dawg - lol!
starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:27 AM   #24
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight
To me, this isn't art. But the people here did give permission. This should not have been shown on TV as an advertisement - I find this disrepectful to people who happened to be watching at that time.
I'm not sure if only those in the medical profession should be exposed to this. I think we all should have some knowledge of our bodies since we live in them. But I did not know if this exhibition shows enough information for the wanting to learn public. Personally, I would go elsewhere to find that knowledge.
Hope your dinner stayed down Dawg - lol!
Yes I agree with SL, I am uneasy with the dead human body as 'entertainment'. I partly agree with Dawg that this kind of 'exhibition' is perhaps not the way to go about 'educating' the masses - too much 'showbiz' and 'marketing' involved, whereas some of the 'exhibits' might be acceptable in an 'adult' area of a 'science' museum, though I haven't seen the exhibit, so couldn't say for definite. The exhibit did pass through Europe a few years ago and was also v controversial there too. :shock:

I agree with ND that being aware of what our bodies are really 'like' may be beneficial to humans beyond the medical professions. And I'm also sorry if I was partly to blame for this subject being raised, because I asked ND to explain her post a bit further, which she wouldn't have done if I hadn't asked her.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #25
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi eveyone!

Donna! That's GREAT NEWS!

When I read about that website Nicole mentioned, my initial reaction was " ewww..."
That person is really sick. That's just my honest opinion.

Now.... back on topic. It's true what Dirk says. Foods can heal us. I'm pleased to see that dark chocolate is beneficial for you. OK. I know it's not macrobiotic! :wink: :lol:
I'm not completely MB. But, I have been eating a lot of foods that are and I feel a lot healthier for it.

Take care,
Anne