LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Macrobiotics > Share the Wealth of Health

Share the Wealth of Health Are you a follower of the grain? Have you been searching for health and happiness and found it? Still searching? Come share your experiences with other macro followers.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:02 AM   #1
starlight

Default I went to the docs

For a blood test. I keep getting colds and flus and wanted to make sure that there was nothing more serious. This has been going on for sometime, long before I started MB. I wanted to make sure because I have had enough of it as I was recently ill 3 times in one month. The results were fine in everything. I did think they were going come back saying I am anaemic as I have VERY heavy periods. But no, I'm fine in that too. I'm very happy that there is nothing more serious but I am baffled at what went wrong. I have been getting colds and flus for the past 2 years. They are at least once a month. Since on MB, the longest I have gone for is just shy of 2 months without being ill, which was then the 3 times in one month came along. Those 2 months have given me hope that MB is going to save me from the monthly illness. I just find it unfair that people who eat nothing but junk food (this is my Dad) get no flu and me, who ate fairly healthy before MB would get everything going. What do you guys think?
starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
dbukfan

Default Cold..What's Cold???

Hi Starlight
Me too, become p/t MB & regular skipping since early Feb'07...never catch a Cold :evil: once :wink: ..normally it's always attacked me every Winter-Early Springs!!..thnks Dirk, for savin' me small fortune fr Beechams/Glaxo..haha!! :lol: :lol: :wink:
:arrow: Anaemia..U'd eat plenty of Dark green leaf, seed & wholegrains...during that time, U may need ot consume more of those..to avoid bein' too tired...lack of energy!!..as for those, who never look after themselve and still in good health..not just a bit of luck, I think...I've read some reserch that it may be few of those lucky ones happened to have stronger DNA in their genes...no matter what things'd change rapidly and can go wrong without any warnings :shock:...Body and Life sometimes can be v complicated and unpredictable..for me, I firmly believe in the power of inner positive/happy mind will def. keep U all stay healthy...BTW, I take am cold showers :shock: last few mins before finishin' everyday....v good for poor circulation!!..it's v good for U..got this tip fr Danish guy :wink:, who looks so young & so fit at the age of 60+ :lol: :wink: .
I do miss my miso-tofu-seaweed soup today..I'll make one for my lite snack later :wink:

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #3
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

I think Dirk has said (maybe even in KC) that just because you're eating healthy doesn't mean you won't get colds, etc. A lot of things can affect that - like how closely you're working/living with other people, for one thing. I worked in one area of the plant where I was basically by myself and I only got my usual spring and fall colds. Then I moved to an area where I was working with a lot of people, and the first few months I had constant colds. I also came down with pinkeye :shock: only to find out that one of the guy's kids had it. It could also be (and this is just theory, I can't say it's fact) that maybe as your body is adjusting to MB, it can't fight off the germs as well as before, and that once it has adjusted, it will work better all around.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Hi Starlight
Sorry you've been having lots of colds etc lately. For it to be flu ie 'influenza' you'd be off work for 10 d - 2 weeks, so I think (I hope) that you've just had a run of bad luck with colds (slightly related - check out the web on
https://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/women...name_page.html
:P

I agree with O - have you been mixing with more people lately, eg travelling, work, out of work - the more you mix, the more likely you are to come across bugs. The good news is that you will become stronger and more able to deal with these bugs as you get more exposed to them.

I definitely think you should ensure you're eating lots of antioxidants - they won't stop you catching a cold, but will help speed recovery.
https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6901405.stm
https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6510479.stm

Good luck, and hope your luck will change soon on this! :lol:
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
starlight

Thanks for the replies guys!
I know you can catch all sorts even if you eat healthy. I'm just a little piddled off with the injustice. Well, there's people who eat even more healthy than me but still get things too. I do catch about 75% of my flus and colds from my family. Even though they don't live with me, they may as well - lol! And there's no thought. Example: sis in-law is FULL of cold, she's talking funny. She says to her son 'Give me a kiss' which he does. Well, you can guess who had the cold next. And then me I'm going to college so perhaps I won't be ill so much because I won't see them so much - lol!
I was working as a checkout operator and thought with the amount of people I'd be seeing I would catch eveything. I think I was ill once.
Not the adjustments to MB. I'm sure Dirk said that one of the things is flus and flu like symptoms when you start on MB. I've been like this for about 2 years. But I am very optimistic about MB helping me
I think you are about DNA. It's the only explanation as to why my chip and sugar addict Dad hasn't been ill in years.

I don't have a shower so will a cold bath do? I always rinse my hair and face in cold water. It improves circulation and closes pores and the hair shaft.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
dbukfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight
Thanks for the replies guys!
I think you are about DNA. It's the only explanation as to why my chip and sugar addict Dad hasn't been ill in years.
I don't have a shower so will a cold bath do? I always rinse my hair and face in cold water. It improves circulation and closes pores and the hair shaft.
I'm not too sure about cold bath :shock: :?: ..may be just try for only few mins before jump up fr the bath to begin with..just in case, eh!! :wink:..I normally blast myself with v cold showers within the last few mins before jump off....and..also quickly gentle massage around my back shoulders and forehead in the cold showers too..to refresh/wake me up so quickly before starting my busy days!! :wink: ..it def. make yr brain so alert/refresh!!..I feel really good ..and def. good for skin.
:arrow: Good luck to yr Dad...Have U ever heard of Elephant falls...it does get a Big
Bang :wink: just kiddin'..right :lol:
Good luck with Cold Combat :wink:

........................Dirk Benedict,..1.11.2008, ..Coventry, UK .....................
dbukfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
starlight

Hi DBuk!
I remember seing on TV about people diving into icy water and how it was suppose to be good for you. Looks like self inflicted torture to me - lol! I'll wait until we get I shower I think.
*sighs at Dad* We've told him that he shouldn't eat like that but has nothing on him. I remember reading in Confessions, Dirk said something like not to bother because the person is not ready to leave their old ways and you should just be there to support when they are ready in their own minds. Is that right?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #8
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

We have several "clubs" here in Minnesota called "Polar Bears" that do the ice diving. I believe Scandinavians do this regularly - glad I don't carry that particular gene :lol:

As to changing people's minds, yeah, you can't do it for them. When they're ready, they'll do it. It's like any life change - if you really don't want to do it, you won't. If you do, you will, regardless of anyone else.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #9
Ingra

Default changing peoples minds..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostarella
As to changing people's minds, yeah, you can't do it for them. When they're ready, they'll do it. It's like any life change - if you really don't want to do it, you won't. If you do, you will, regardless of anyone else.
yep, I agree Ostarella,
My dad has diabetes, lost all his toes, still to this day he sneaks in the *bad food*, he is not ready to change at 73 years old, he *thinks* he is too old to change, i wish there was a way that i can make him understand that it doesnt have to be that way.
He looks at it as punishment, but its not.
When we are out in restaurant/family outting, I try to be/set an example for him when offered *bad foods* i say no, (mainly because, i do not want/desire it) but i say no because of him. I feel that he feels bad that he cannot have it, why i should i put him through the torture of eating it in front of him.

I do it cause i want him to be here with us, with me for longevity!! I love him too much!!

but, he will do what he wants, i only hope & pray that he will change..

Ingra
Old 08-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #10
starlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostarella
We have several "clubs" here in Minnesota called "Polar Bears" that do the ice diving. I believe Scandinavians do this regularly - glad I don't carry that particular gene :lol:
Hee hee! That's the ones. Good on them if they can do it but it's not for me. I believe I have Scandinavian ancestors so I too am glad I don't carry that gene. Does make me wonder if this is why I get heat stroke easy - lol!
Old 08-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #11
starlight

Default Re: changing peoples minds..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingra
he is not ready to change at 73 years old, he *thinks* he is too old to change
The saying 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks' is a load of phooey! I read this story about a man who was an MB convert, who's Dad became ill and the doctors gave him months to live. The son tried his best to incorporate as much MB into his Dad's diet. And doing so, his Dad defied doctors and lived for a few more years.
This story shows that it is never too late.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
Ingra

Default Re: changing peoples minds..

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight
The saying 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks' is a load of phooey! .
Yes, i too believe that its a load of phooey.
If you want something so bad that you can taste it, you will reach or set a goal to try to get it or close to it. The main thing is believing in yourself. *(i should try listening to myself once in a while :shock: )
Thanks Starlight
ingra
Old 08-24-2007, 05:53 AM   #13
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Has anyone read either of these books? If yes, could you post a short review? I'm tempted to buy both, but I'm such a bookaholic - hardly got room for anything else in my tiny hovel :lol: !

"The Anatomy of Hope: How People Prevail in the Face of Illness" by Jerome Groopman https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/037...679937-5298551

"How Doctors Think" by Jerome Groopman
https://www.amazon.com/How-Doctors-Th...9720_as_txt_4/
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote