LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
Genny

Default What's Dirk doing ?

Does anyone know if Dirk has any new work projects ?
Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

I think Tracy probably has the answer to that question.
Tracy! any news?
THANKS!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
Genny

Default hi

Hi. bibbinut - I hope you're well and sassy ! I miss seeing Dirk ...live, in his jammies, hair tousled; or standing in the kitchen cooking, or sitting in the garden. Sigh....Oh...I mean on TV, of course ! :lol:
Old 10-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

Hi Genny!

Well and sassy as always! :wink: :lol:
Tracy has been hinting*teasing is more like it!* :wink: at some new news about Dirk.
Check out the blockbuster article thread.

Take care,
Anne
Old 10-30-2007, 05:27 AM   #5
Arciris

Hi!
A good question for all.. :P
I'd like to know too about Dirk in this moments. Genny, is perfect that you imagine. A relax and beautiful life, sitting in the garden, cooking, seeing the clouds in the sky, family, friends..If is thuus, well for Dirk!!! :P
But...yes, I miss him, too. So, I watch A-team episodes once in a while :wink: .
Good day!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #6
deebeelicious
Asset Security

Well I hope he's chopped all his wood for the winter coz if he doesn't finish it soon, the snow will really hamper him? :shock: :P

I remember watching a reality prog about these families going to live on the prairie like in Victorian times, and the blokes spent all summer (when not planting/hoeing/harvesting crops) chopping wood for the winter. They must have stacked up chopped wood beside their log cabins of about half the volume of the cabins, but they 'failed' the challenge because the historians said they hadn't chopped enough to survive winter and would have died if they had really been living in the past - apparently many pioneers didn't make it past the 1st winter coz of not chopping enough wood to last till spring! :shock:

Well hopefully not so vital an error to make nowadays, and Dirk's seen enough winters by now to know how much wood to chop? :wink:
When the evidence changes, I change my mind. What do you do?
deebeelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
Genny

I wish I'd seen that programme..I love those historical reconstructions. Amazing..that they wouldn't have survived the winter even with a huge stack of wood...I remember reading somewhere years ago that snow would cover the roof of the cabins sometimes and that people would have to be in their cabins for weeks at a time. I bet that Dirk could write a terrific book about settlers in Montana years ago.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #8
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

My mom told me about a snow storm here in SE Minnesota back in the 30s (maybe 40s) - the highway between two towns (about five miles) was one lane, and you couldn't see over the top. Just one long canyon of snow. So I can imagine what it was like when they didn't have snow plows... :roll:
Old 10-31-2007, 09:36 PM   #9
DonnaRedRockMom

You are all making me home sick...and home sick for snow...lots and lots of snow...I miss snow

...there is really no snow in Kentucky....not like we had in SW Colorado....I want to cross country ski...I WANT SNOW!!!!!!!

...but we did have a great a slightly cool night tonight...we sat outside carving pumpkins and giving out candy to the trick or treaters...it was very nice

...now we will cook the remaining pumpkins and toast the seeds...yummmm

.....Happy Halloween to all....I can't help myself my husband & I met at a haunted house we were both working on 30 years ago this month....we might be ministers but we area ghouls at this time of year...I was a vampire and he hung out at my coffin "hitting" on me till I gave in and agreed to go out with him

enjoy the rest of your week

take care,
Donna
Old 10-31-2007, 10:52 PM   #10
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

I met a guy at a haunted house once - didn't last long - I thought he was wearing a mask...

8)

Okay, okay...

Kept looking out at the street here to see if there were any trick or treaters - not a single house had its lights on, no little ghosts or goblins running around. I've been watching Ghosthunters off and on - six hours of live coverage at some sanitorium.

I can send you a bunch of snow in a couple of months, Donna :lol: I'd like to try cross country skiing sometime. I tried downhill when I was in high school, but skiing and bad knees don't go too well together. I used to ice skate a lot. The grade school is just a block away, and they'd flood part of the playground for a HUGE skating rink. All the kids would bring their skates to school and rush out after lunch for skating.

Those were the days...
Old 11-01-2007, 08:18 AM   #11
DonnaRedRockMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostarella
I've been watching Ghosthunters off and on - six hours of live coverage at some sanitorium.
that sanitorium is in my town...it is a very old building just on the outskirts of town over looking the ohio river....it was a TB clinic years ago now it is just a place for vandals and ghost chasers :wink:

....it is a very cool building but it is huge and would cost several fortunes to restore.......I tried to watch the show but I know lots of people that have been up there...including one of my sons and there is not much to see other than a very old building falling apart

take care
Donna
Old 11-01-2007, 08:43 AM   #12
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Yeah, the show last night was kinda boring - which is probably the way most of their jobs are, really. I much prefer the condensed version, especially when they actually find something they can't explain away. :wink:
Old 11-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #13
Christy

Hello ALL,

That's soo cool and romantic how you and your hubby met, Donna ! 8) Maybe I should have checked out the Hayride / Haunted House that was here in my hometown Oct 26th and 27th !? :wink: I didn't get a chance to go...my family and I were sooo busy with getting ready for the 2 Halloween parties that my parents hosted Oct. 27th and 28th at their house ( in their garage ) ! The 2 parties "came about" after my 16 yr old niece asked my parents if she could have her Sweet 16 party at their house ( outside...her BD is in August ) They had a bonfire which they roasted hot dogs and toasted marshmellows for smores, BD cake, etc.....She invited 50 kids to this party....all of the kids were well behaved....very polite. It went over very well, everyone, including the adults had a great time ( we / the adults...."kept watch" over it from the deck ).....but like I said, it was a great group of kids, we didn't have any problems. They had such a great time that they asked her in school if she thought her grandparents would allow them to have a Halloween party there too.....sooo.... And when my 11 yr old niece heard about the 16 yr olds Halloween party, of course the first words out of her mouth were, "What about me ? Can I have a party with my friends too ?".............They had the 2 car garage all decorated ( spiderwebs-some fake...and yes, some real... :lol: ....to my moms horror..... :lol:...kids loved it ! ).There were about 60 kids at the Halloween party Saturday night for the 16 yr olds party and 8 kids on Sunday for the 11 yr olds party. Both parties went well and everyone had a great time !

Oh, and maybe I can send some snow your way too Donna.....on Sunday.......we're supposed to get our first snow. But where I live....you really can't go by the weather channel or any weatherman for that matter.... :lol: ....We could go 15 miles to the east of us and it would be sunny and abit warmer but in the town I live in we could / would be getting a foot ( or more ) of snow....sometimes ice...or both... I'm actually getting used to the unpredictable weather...I should be by now, I've lived here for 39 years !..... :lol: :wink:

Take Care and Hugs to ALL,
Christy
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #14
Genny

Oh...I so much enjoyed reading those posts Our weather here seems to have changed, since I was a child. We used to know, that we'd have heavy snowfalls in winter. I remember several snowfalls which came up to the top of the upstairs windows. Used to go sledging..There has been a lot of Hallowe'en merchandise in the shops plus pumpkins, but I didn't see any trick or treaters. I get a pumpkin every year and make pumpkin pie. When my mother visited America several times about twenty years ago, she was impressed by how local communities celebrate Easter, for example and of course other occasions too. That's quite a contrast, to Britain. ( No doubt Canadians are good at making fun events, too ). We used to see lots of carol singers at Christmas, in the streets. On New Year's Eve at midnight, people would come out onto the streets and greet their neighbours. There are firework displays on November the 5th of course, but bonfires are less common. That's partly to do with teenagers and children having less parental supervision, in some cases I think.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #15
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

Oh, bonfires!!! That brings back such memories. When I was a kid, before the city came in and blacktopped the streets, we used to have big bonfires every fall. We had three big maple trees (among others) and at least twice during the fall we'd rake all the leaves into this HUGE pile at the edge of the road. And when it got big enough (and how everyone knew when that was, I have no idea), all the kids in the neighborhood would hit the little family grocery store across the highway - just wipe them out of hot dogs and marshmallows. :lol: And then, just at dusk, my dad would go out and light the leaves on fire, and everybody would stick their goodies on sticks and hold them over the blaze. And after the food was gone, we'd play kick the can and "terrorize" the neighborhood with our yelling and hiding until late into the night (well, maybe 9 o'clock :wink: )

Those were the days...<sigh>

Now there's blacktop on the road, and the state won't allow burning and the neighborhood kids know more swear words than I do...
Old 11-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #16
Genny

I really enjoyed reading that Osterella. Could just picture it.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 AM   #17
bibbi
Life is purrrrfect

I also enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I was raking leaves yesterday. Got this big huge pile and then on a whim I decided to jump in the pile. Brings back lots of memories. :lol:
*I wonder if Dirk does that sometimes....I think there's a kid in all of us* :wink: