LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > The A-Team > The Fab Four

The Fab Four Discussions on Hannibal, Faceman, Murdock, and BA and the men who played them.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

Default Who was the best shot?

The title says it all.
Veteran's Day new
General fiction (80s era):
Hold Your Horses
Nance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #2
Flygirl
Erin

Default Re: Who was the best shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance View Post
The title says it all.
Face, without question. He used more types of weapons, and seemed to be the choice sharp shooter (sharp shooter? I'm thinking of when he used the rifle in Rabbit...Vegas). BA squinted too much to see well, and used his fists more often. Hannibal only ever used a handgun most of the time, and Murdock was all over the place- he didn't seem to steady his weapon well. Not that I know anything at all about shooting.

Of course, it goes without saying that they all kind of sucked because it took them way too long and a ridiculous amount of ammunition just to hit a tire. And they never just shot the bad guys, even when they were standing a few yards away. So you're not a really good shot, IMO, if you just litter your surroundings with thousands of dollars' worth of ammunition. Makes me wonder where they got unlimited money from to replenish their supplies. Lol
Old 01-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
The title says it all.
Well, if we're going by the number of lethal shots, I'd say...

Oh wait. Never mind.

Actually, maybe the ability to shoot continuously without hitting anybody indicates a high level of skill. Or maybe it just means you're a Stormtrooper.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludlum'sdaughter14 View Post
well, if we're going by the number of lethal shots, i'd say...

Oh wait. Never mind.

actually, maybe the ability to shoot continuously without hitting anybody indicates a high level of skill. Or maybe it just means you're a stormtrooper.
lol
Old 01-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #5
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

I would go with Face too. Wasn't he supposed to be the sniper or something (or am I mixing up the series with FF) ????
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:56 PM   #6
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Face, without question. He used more types of weapons, and seemed to be the choice sharp shooter (sharp shooter? I'm thinking of when he used the rifle in Rabbit...Vegas). BA squinted too much to see well, and used his fists more often. Hannibal only ever used a handgun most of the time, and Murdock was all over the place- he didn't seem to steady his weapon well. Not that I know anything at all about shooting.

Of course, it goes without saying that they all kind of sucked because it took them way too long and a ridiculous amount of ammunition just to hit a tire. And they never just shot the bad guys, even when they were standing a few yards away. So you're not a really good shot, IMO, if you just litter your surroundings with thousands of dollars' worth of ammunition. Makes me wonder where they got unlimited money from to replenish their supplies. Lol
Totally agree with this. Well said Flyngirl.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:06 AM   #7
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

They don't call it Spray and Pray for nothing. First of all, an full auto, assault rifle is empty in about 4 seconds. Second, the repeated fire pushes the barrel of the rifle up, making you overshoot in mere moments. Third, automatic fire is meant as cover fire so your own soldiers can move into position or to allow your sniper to pick them off at leisure.
It's not meant to kill off insurgents by the dozen. Some assault rifles give you the choice between, full auto, semi auto and short bursts of just a few rounds at a time.
On semi you can pick off enemy soldiers up to 200-300 yards, I believe.

I think Hannibal has shown he can shoot too. He shot the hat off one goon didn't he? Face definitely got the hardest shots.

George and T had military training. T as an MP and George as a Marine. Dwight probably never touched a rifle before the A-team haha... Oh and they didn't have fully automatic rifles in the show. They couldn't have them in the state of California... They just pulled the trigger really fast to mimic automatic fire. This makes steadying a rifle rather difficult.
Veteran's Day new
Hold Your Horses
Old 01-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #8
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
They don't call it Spray and Pray for nothing. First of all, an full auto, assault rifle is empty in about 4 seconds. Second, the repeated fire pushes the barrel of the rifle up, making you overshoot in mere moments. Third, automatic fire is meant as cover fire so your own soldiers can move into position or to allow your sniper to pick them off at leisure.
It's not meant to kill off insurgents by the dozen. Some assault rifles give you the choice between, full auto, semi auto and short bursts of just a few rounds at a time.
On semi you can pick off enemy soldiers up to 200-300 yards, I believe.

I think Hannibal has shown he can shoot too. He shot the hat off one goon didn't he? Face definitely got the hardest shots.

George and T had military training. T as an MP and George as a Marine. Dwight probably never touched a rifle before the A-team haha... Oh and they didn't have fully automatic rifles in the show. They couldn't have them in the state of California... They just pulled the trigger really fast to mimic automatic fire. This makes steadying a rifle rather difficult.
Wow. You know so much about the shooting subject. I don't have a clue myself, but I really like your explanation. LOL So Dwight might have needed you to help him, right ????
LOL That they had to mimic automatic fire
Knowing just how much you know about shooting and guns and with your experience, I'm hoping to stay on your good side at all times
Old 01-18-2017, 08:35 AM   #9
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

I have never shot a real rifle. Just air rifles, crossbows and normal bows. But the physics are all the same. Newton knew what he was talking about haha.
And the Internet helps.
I love reading about weaponry. Mostly medieval ones, but I like to know about modern ones too.
Nooo... men don't need help haha. That's what they want to believe anyway. Armed women frighten them.

Oh and I do a lot of background checks for my stories.
Veteran's Day new
Hold Your Horses
Old 01-18-2017, 02:18 PM   #10
LittleMonkeyDog

It does show that you're very interested Gotta love the internet.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:51 PM   #11
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
I have never shot a real rifle. Just air rifles, crossbows and normal bows. But the physics are all the same. Newton knew what he was talking about haha.
And the Internet helps.
I love reading about weaponry. Mostly medieval ones, but I like to know about modern ones too.
Nooo... men don't need help haha. That's what they want to believe anyway. Armed women frighten them.

Oh and I do a lot of background checks for my stories.
Next time I write a scene involving a shootout, I'll just let you write it for me (like I'm letting Vballspieler do my spreadsheets ). I envision something like, "Hannibal pulled the trigger rapidly on his semiautomatic rifle, trying to simulate the appearance of automatic fire so the goons wouldn't know it was only an AR-15. And it was almost out of ammo. Shooting rapidly from the hip had unfortunately caused him to miss the majority of the shots he had taken over the last few minutes. As empty shells ejected from the gun, Hannibal experienced a brief existential crisis, wondering whether the tried-and-true method of rapid fire which he had used on slimeballs for the past decade was really as efficient as it seemed. In moments, this thought was forgotten as the low drone of chopper blades reached his ears and Murdock flew over the scene, dropping a few sticks of dynamite as he passed."
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Old 01-18-2017, 10:00 PM   #12
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Next time I write a scene involving a shootout, I'll just let you write it for me (like I'm letting Vballspieler do my spreadsheets ). I envision something like, "Hannibal pulled the trigger rapidly on his semiautomatic rifle, trying to simulate the appearance of automatic fire so the goons wouldn't know it was only an AR-15. And it was almost out of ammo. Shooting rapidly from the hip had unfortunately caused him to miss the majority of the shots he had taken over the last few minutes. As empty shells ejected from the gun, Hannibal experienced a brief existential crisis, wondering whether the tried-and-true method of rapid fire which he had used on slimeballs for the past decade was really as efficient as it seemed. In moments, this thought was forgotten as the low drone of chopper blades reached his ears and Murdock flew over the scene, dropping a few sticks of dynamite as he passed."
Actually, they used Ruger Mini-14's on the show.

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:53 PM   #13
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pickard View Post
Actually, they used Ruger Mini-14's on the show.

Good to know. I will edit that in my second draft. But it only matters if you're a conservative. If you're a liberal, all semi-autos are just "assault weapons." Of course, in that case you probably wouldn't be watching the A-Team in the first place.

Liberal version: Hannibal pulled out an assault weapon which began to spontaneously shoot from the hip before his finger touched the trigger, decimating the five men in front of him and every tree within a twenty mile radius. He paused for a moment, tears welling in his eyes as he realized he had just destroyed the last source of sustainable production in the paper industry. The sound of indignant arguing broke into his reverie, and he turned around to see Face and Murdock shoving each other as each fought to take possession of another assault weapon (known colloquially as a Ruger Mini-14). With a shock, he realized the transformation was complete; the team had relented (some would say succumbed) to modern values and officially become... the Gay Team. *cue peppy theme music*

Oh boy. I think it's past my bedtime. I'll just be moving along now...
- Brian Greene
Old 01-18-2017, 11:39 PM   #14
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

Quote:
Good to know. I will edit that in my second draft. But it only matters if you're a conservative. If you're a liberal, all semi-autos are just "assault weapons." Of course, in that case you probably wouldn't be watching the A-Team in the first place.

Liberal version: Hannibal pulled out an assault weapon which began to spontaneously shoot from the hip before his finger touched the trigger, decimating the five men in front of him and every tree within a twenty mile radius. He paused for a moment, tears welling in his eyes as he realized he had just destroyed the last source of sustainable production in the paper industry. The sound of indignant arguing broke into his reverie, and he turned around to see Face and Murdock shoving each other as each fought to take possession of another assault weapon (known colloquially as a Ruger Mini-14). With a shock, he realized the transformation was complete; the team had relented (some would say succumbed) to modern values and officially become... the Gay Team. *cue peppy theme music*

Oh boy. I think it's past my bedtime. I'll just be moving along now...
omg hahahaha
Do they want it pink?
Veteran's Day new
Hold Your Horses
Old 01-18-2017, 11:50 PM   #15
LittleMonkeyDog

Oh boy ...That's something else ROFL
Old 01-19-2017, 02:45 AM   #16
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

Hannibal asked himself, how could I've missed the signs? When did this happen? His blue eyes take on a faraway look.
Was it when BA stormed into his hotel room one night, screaming his head off about Murdock stealing his favorite feathered earrings?
Or that Murdock, despite being a well groomed young man, never takes a girl home?
Or maybe the change came when he spotted Face, in his pink silk yammies, seductively smoking a fat cigar. The whole scene practically oozing innuendo?

His gaze is once again drawn to the fight. His eyes widen. Where did the pillows come from?! White fluffy feathers float around the two giggling men... Giggling? Hannibal drops to his knees in anguish. They aren't gay... They're girls! Some more high pitched giggling reaches his ears when BA jumps into the fray, wielding a downy pillow.

With trepidation Hannibal looks down at his own chest. There, proudly displayed in a tight tank top, are a magnificent pair of boobs.
"Noooooooo!" He squeals in a decidedly girlish voice. Hannibal drops the generic (and obviously evil) assault rifle making it bounce. Without warning, the gun went off, killing a majestic bald eagle flying overhead.
As golden brown feathers rain down on the colonel faints and knows no more.

Guess from which Dirk's work, my inspiration came from haha
Veteran's Day new
Hold Your Horses

Last edited by Nance; 01-19-2017 at 04:13 AM..
Old 01-19-2017, 07:13 AM   #17
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

This is the sequel to "Starbuck: Lost in Castration," but this one is called, "There is No 'Guy' in Team."
- Brian Greene
Old 01-19-2017, 07:19 AM   #18
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
This is the sequel to "Starbuck: Lost in Castration," but this one is called, "There is No 'Guy' in Team."
OMG... You guys (girls? ghis? zhes?) crack me up.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:25 AM   #19
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

Omg! I'm dying over here LD14!
Veteran's Day new
Hold Your Horses
Old 01-19-2017, 06:20 PM   #20
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Hannibal asked himself, how could I've missed the signs? When did this happen? His blue eyes take on a faraway look.
Was it when BA stormed into his hotel room one night, screaming his head off about Murdock stealing his favorite feathered earrings?
Or that Murdock, despite being a well groomed young man, never takes a girl home?
Or maybe the change came when he spotted Face, in his pink silk yammies, seductively smoking a fat cigar. The whole scene practically oozing innuendo?

His gaze is once again drawn to the fight. His eyes widen. Where did the pillows come from?! White fluffy feathers float around the two giggling men... Giggling? Hannibal drops to his knees in anguish. They aren't gay... They're girls! Some more high pitched giggling reaches his ears when BA jumps into the fray, wielding a downy pillow.

With trepidation Hannibal looks down at his own chest. There, proudly displayed in a tight tank top, are a magnificent pair of boobs.
"Noooooooo!" He squeals in a decidedly girlish voice. Hannibal drops the generic (and obviously evil) assault rifle making it bounce. Without warning, the gun went off, killing a majestic bald eagle flying overhead.
As golden brown feathers rain down on the colonel faints and knows no more.

Guess from which Dirk's work, my inspiration came from haha
OMG. I can't wait to read it.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote