LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > Other Movies & TV > Movie and TV work reviews

Movie and TV work reviews For comments and reviews of Dirk's television, theater, and movie work.

Old 01-08-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
Muffit

Default Scavenger Hunt, etc

I think Dirk has been great in everything he's done. I remember how excited I was to see his name on Scavenger Hunt soon after BSG left the airwaves. In fact, that's the one and only reason I went to see it! Funny movie!!

I look forward to purchasing and reading his books, and hopefully finding more films he has guest starred in. I did catch one a few months back with him in a fight promotion movie (sorry, I forget the title), which was terrific.

Anywho, just wanted to drop by and say "hi!!!" Thanks Tracy and Darrell!!

The 'real" Starbuck forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Affectionately,
Muffit
Old 01-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
borntoolate

awww I haven't heard anything about Scavenger hunt! will have to keep an eye out. I know he was filming Strike when I met him, but haven't heard much more on that.

I like your signature btw

x x x
borntoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
Muffit

Hi borntoolate!!

Thanks about my sig! I just made it up a few minutes ago -- I hate to leave the sig line blank :mrgreen:

Silly dagiit!!!
Old 01-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #4
Tracy

Scavenger Hunt was a funny movie but I remember Dirk saying at Galacticon it wasn't apparently "fun" to make. Alot of waiting around as I guess with so many cast members you get little bits and pieces shots to do.
The fight movie Muffit was "Body Slam". For a wrestling themed movie I thought it had some great funny moments.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:47 PM   #5
Muffit

Hi Tracy!!

That was it, Body Slam

My whole family watched with me -- and loved it. They aren't BSG fans like me, but did love DIrk's performance and sense of comedy in that film. In fact, they asked me if he did any more...

I didn't really get to watch A Team when it was out. I would've just to see our Starbuck, but it wasn't really my kind iof show. I did like it when they showed him with a cigar though, memory lane!!

Thanks for inviting me here!!
Affectionately,
Muffit
Old 01-08-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
borntoolate

hey muffit!

well i'll have to think of something to go in mine... as you can see tis very blank!

hmm will try to think of something... any ideas?

x x x
Old 01-08-2005, 04:55 PM   #7
Tracy

I just noticed my siggy is very blank too. I must think of something very witty but that could take a while
Old 01-09-2005, 07:49 AM   #8
borntoolate

as you can see i've got no further in finding a witty sig... hmm...
Old 01-15-2005, 05:23 PM   #9
martok2112

Default Dirk movies

One of my favorite movies with Dirk Benedict was "Ruckuss". It was a funny "Rambo-esque" movie. Dirk played a Vietnam veteran that the local rednecks loved to torment. He gets taken in by the (oh so hot at the time) Linda Blair. If you like Rambo styled movies without all the violence and blood, and you want a good laugh in the process, then this is your movie.

I too am interested in his latest endeavor, Strike.

Of course, I personally would like to see Dirk Benedict reprising his role as Starbuck in a movie adaptation of my story "Battlestar Galactica: Dark Exodus"

Hi Tracy, Hi Muffit!

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old 04-30-2005, 12:17 AM   #10
KamikazeCowgirl

Default Ruckus

Ruckus finally got an Aussie dvd release this year so I can throw away my ancient Beta video copy !!

Its always been a fave of mine - love all the great car chase scenes.

Martok - it was actually made before Rambo - First Blood, Stallone stole a heck of a lot of the storyline. But Ruckus had a bit more of a sense of humour in it.

My fave scene is when Dirty Dirk finally gets a shower and Linda Blair is pleasantly surprised by the finished product !!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 04:03 AM   #11
martok2112

Default Re: Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeCowgirl
Ruckus finally got an Aussie dvd release this year so I can throw away my ancient Beta video copy !!

Its always been a fave of mine - love all the great car chase scenes.

Martok - it was actually made before Rambo - First Blood, Stallone stole a heck of a lot of the storyline. But Ruckus had a bit more of a sense of humour in it.

My fave scene is when Dirty Dirk finally gets a shower and Linda Blair is pleasantly surprised by the finished product !!!!
Aye, I do believe you're correct in the timeline of things. (thwacks self )

One of my favorite scenes was when he points a finger (like a pistol) at dumbest of the rednecks that was chasing him, and the redneck immediately cowers away. That was classic.

And Linda Blair was a hottay in that flick.

Ruckus...I must find that movie somewhere and watch it again. It has been too many yahrens. In fact, I believe the last time I saw that movie was when I was 12...and that's ....well....that's quite a ways off.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old 05-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #12
Tania

Quote:
Ruckus finally got an Aussie dvd release this year so I can throw away my ancient Beta video copy!
I will be in Aussie next week so i will have a look out for it. if its out.
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:08 AM   #13
KamikazeCowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania
Quote:
Ruckus finally got an Aussie dvd release this year so I can throw away my ancient Beta video copy!
I will be in Aussie next week so i will have a look out for it. if its out.
Tania its definately in Ezydvd and JB Hifi - mine arrived in the post a few weeks ago. It has a great commentary by the director, Dirk and Linda.

Ezydvd will also post to NZ - I order online from them constantly - great company to deal with.

Quote:
One of my favorite scenes was when he points a finger (like a pistol) at dumbest of the rednecks that was chasing him, and the redneck immediately cowers away. That was classic.
Hehe Martok - that was a classic scene.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:58 AM   #14
Tracy

Ruckus was a great film and a good dramatic role for Dirk.
If you haven't seen it, and you want to see Dirk really burn up the screen in a dramatic way, watch "W".
He was downright scary as an abusive ex husband to the beautiful Twiggy.
Gave me shivers.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #15
Tania

I am back from the gold coast, it was great there. I looked out for Ruckus but i could not find it so i am thinking about getting it a EzyDVD i like DVDs with commentary from the Actors.

i have not seen W yet but i seen some other movies where Dirk plays the bad guy.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:06 PM   #16
Tania

hey I just orded Ruckus and Alaska on DVD today. has anyone here seen Sssssss and is it any good? for i am thing about getting it oneday.
thanks.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:59 AM   #17
KamikazeCowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania
hey I just orded Ruckus and Alaska on DVD today. has anyone here seen Sssssss and is it any good? for i am thing about getting it oneday.
thanks.
Hope you have recieved them by now Tania. I should order Alaska as I have never seen it - and "W" ? Havent actually heard of it so wil look for t.

Yep I have Ssssssssss on beta video. Its BAD - in that good kinda way that bad horror films can be. Does that make sense ?. Its all done very seriously and the special effects are quite good. But its definately a quality B grade horror !!
Old 12-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #18
Flygirl
Erin

Default Re: Scavenger Hunt, etc

AHEM! I have an announcement!!!

Scavenger Hunt (hilariously funny 70s movie featuring our favorite actor, as well as a number of other all-stars!) - now available to pre-order on DVD and Blu-Ray:

https://www.amazon.com/Scavenger-Hun...scavenger+hunt

Release date is Jan 10, 2017. If you haven't seen this movie, it's worth a watch, and if you have kids they'll probably enjoy it too. My 9 year old couldn't get enough of the car chase scene when we watched it on YT.

You're welcome.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:11 AM   #19
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
AHEM! I have an announcement!!!

Scavenger Hunt (hilariously funny 70s movie featuring our favorite actor, as well as a number of other all-stars!) - now available to pre-order on DVD and Blu-Ray:

https://www.amazon.com/Scavenger-Hun...scavenger+hunt

Release date is Jan 10, 2017. If you haven't seen this movie, it's worth a watch, and if you have kids they'll probably enjoy it too. My 9 year old couldn't get enough of the car chase scene when we watched it on YT.

You're welcome.
Awesome Will check it out. Haven't seen that one, just bits and pieces on YouTube somewhere. Thanks, Flyngirl
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #20
Flygirl
Erin

Yeah, they took it down from youtube but that was a poor quality video anyway. I looked to buy it but couldn't find it on DVD. Now I've already pre-ordered my Blu-Ray copy. Late Christmas present to me!
Old 01-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #21
Flygirl
Erin

They sent it to me early - Got my digitally re-mastered Blu-ray of Scavenger Hunt today. They did a great job with the picture and audio quality. I watched it immediately with the kids, and it was GLORIOUS!!! Really fun movie.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #22
ojai22

You can also find Scavenger Hunt here:

https://www.moviesunlimited.com/scave...t/738329208615

Available on DVD and BLU-RAY
Old 08-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #23
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Also saw this one for the first time in Missouri, and then I got it and watched it again at home. This is a movie that shouldn't be as funny as it is. Dirk is only in parts of the movie, but they are mostly very funny parts. There is also a cameo by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Best enjoyed when you're in the mood to sit back, relax, and laugh at something a step above the Three Stooges. Maybe more along the lines of the Marx Brothers.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote