LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:17 AM   #1
Sassy Devil
💗💗💗 I 💘 Dirk 💗💗💗

Question Facebook - Am I Right?

I was just told by a fan of Dirk's that she's friends with Dirk on Facebook. I checked out the profile (friends are hidden, except for mutual friends), and it looks fake, like others I've seen. I have some suspicions, as well. Does Dirk have a Facebook profile? This person is a nice lady, but she wants personal relationships with certain celebrities so bad that she readily accepts anything that fits her fantasies. I'm a little worried about her.
Sassy Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:12 AM   #2
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Default Re: Facebook - Am I Right?

If there is anyone on Facebook (or any other social media platform) claiming to be Dirk, they are lying.

Dirk himself has no social media accounts - I like to say that's what he has me for...

If you'll email me a link to that profile, Sassy, I'll follow up. Use the "webmaster at" address here.

Thanks!

Our Facebook page: DBC Facebook Page

We're on Twitter: @DBCdotCOM
John Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

I thought this was going to be a rant along the lines of "Facebook is just too much to deal with some times, am I right?" This was close enough.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:29 PM   #4
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
I thought this was going to be a rant along the lines of "Facebook is just too much to deal with some times, am I right?" This was close enough.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
Melli

I just can't picture Dirk bothering with anything social media. The irony is that there's actually a social media meme about him. :P

~Jim Harrison
Melli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #6
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Facebook. You learn interesting things there.

Just wanted to wish the happy couple congratulations on their special day. The pictures posted on Facebook looked amazing. It's nice when the family can support their loved one on a big day. Raise a glass to Roland and his lucky bride. "Congratulations on the big day!!!"
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:57 PM   #7
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Facebook. You learn interesting things there.

Just wanted to wish the happy couple congratulations on their special day. The pictures posted on Facebook looked amazing. It's nice when the family can support their loved one on a big day. Raise a glass to Roland and his lucky bride. "Congratulations on the big day!!!"

Yes, Facebook can be a repository of some surprising information, indeed.

And yes, among several other people, Dirk's son Roland got married over the holiday weekend. And it was Vballspieler who found this on The A-Team Fan Page and brought it to my attention:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Congrats to the happy couple!

Old 07-09-2019, 11:01 PM   #8
Melli

And the next generation ties the knot. Congrats!

~Jim Harrison
Old 07-10-2019, 01:28 AM   #9
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Congrats to the happy couple !!!!
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #10
WelshPoppy30

Smile Re: Facebook - Am I Right?

Congratulations to the happy couple

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow".
Dirk Benedict.

From one of my all-time favourite comedians....
"Laughter is the greatest music in the world and audience's come to my shows to escape the cares of life.
They don't want to be embarrassed or insulted. They want to laugh and so do I -which is probably why it works"
Ken Dodd (R.I.P)
WelshPoppy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:29 AM   #11
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pickard View Post
If there is anyone on Facebook (or any other social media platform) claiming to be Dirk, they are lying.

Dirk himself has no social media accounts - I like to say that's what he has me for...

If you'll email me a link to that profile, Sassy, I'll follow up. Use the "webmaster at" address here.

Thanks!
Thanks for sharing!
Great pictures!!!!
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #12
KeiraH83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Devil View Post
I was just told by a fan of Dirk's that she's friends with Dirk on Facebook. I checked out the profile (friends are hidden, except for mutual friends), and it looks fake, like others I've seen. I have some suspicions, as well. Does Dirk have a Facebook profile? This person is a nice lady, but she wants personal relationships with certain celebrities so bad that she readily accepts anything that fits her fantasies. I'm a little worried about her.
Are you talking about Sarah Summers? She has multiple accounts and is really obsessed with dirk a whole lot,also Dwight. She seems harmless however just slightly too obsessed with dirk bless her.
KeiraH83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #13
KeiraH83

Oh and congrats to Roland and his wife. I saw those photos on Facebook. ��
Old 07-14-2019, 12:35 AM   #14
Rachel.wright.82

I know Sarah Summers, we briefly started talking as fans of Dirk’s she is slightly obsessed with him and his son George
Rachel.wright.82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #15
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

I will reiterate: Dirk has no social media accounts of his own. Anyone claiming to be the actor/author Dirk Benedict of A-Team and Battlestar Galactica fame is lying through their teeth.

Report those people as imposters to the administrators of whatever social media platform they're on.

Only social media accounts associated with Dirk Benedict Central dot com (that means accounts that I run) are "official."

-John

Old 07-14-2019, 02:51 PM   #16
KeiraH83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel.wright.82 View Post
I know Sarah Summers, we briefly started talking as fans of Dirkís she is slightly obsessed with him and his son George
Very obsessed u mean.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:22 PM   #17
Rachel.wright.82

Have you spoke to Sarah yourself
Old 07-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #18
KeiraH83

Quote:
Have you spoke to Sarah yourself
Only once. She comes across as how can I put this? Maybe a vulnerable adult. Judging by her posts she is very obsessed with dirk but like I say she seems harmless,she just needs to have other interests other than dirk.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:29 PM   #19
KeiraH83

Quote:
I will reiterate: Dirk has no social media accounts of his own. Anyone claiming to be the actor/author Dirk Benedict of A-Team and Battlestar Galactica fame is lying through their teeth.

Report those people as imposters to the administrators of whatever social media platform they're on.

Only social media accounts associated with Dirk Benedict Central dot com (that means accounts that I run) are "official."

-John
Got it but already knew. Mr T is the only one who has social media.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:06 AM   #20
John Pickard
Owner, Webmaster
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiraH83 View Post
Got it but already knew. Mr T is the only one who has social media.

Correct. But you'd be surprised at how often I have to tell people Dirk doesn't "do" social media...

Old 07-15-2019, 08:58 AM   #21
Rachel.wright.82

Quote:
Correct. But you'd be surprised at how often I have to tell people Dirk doesn't "do" social media...
I know I asked you sorry for seeming like another person who didnít believe the person I told you about the other day is back on Instagram saying he is Dirk
Old 07-15-2019, 09:02 AM   #22
Rachel.wright.82

Quote:
Forgot to say about that Instagram person he talks to you for so long and then he appears to deactivate his account or block you and then after a set period if find he comes back on

I try very carefully to catch him out, itís like when I asked had any anything exciting happen lately he didnít say about Roland getting married

Sorry Iím ranting on
Old 07-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #23
WelshPoppy30

If it seems too good to be true it most probably is in which case, don't trust it, report it. if someone has an official site like this one, only then I would assume any social media would be advertised in which others can follow and would have the same name. If not, assume that there is none.

"Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow".
Dirk Benedict.

From one of my all-time favourite comedians....
"Laughter is the greatest music in the world and audience's come to my shows to escape the cares of life.
They don't want to be embarrassed or insulted. They want to laugh and so do I -which is probably why it works"
Ken Dodd (R.I.P)

Last edited by WelshPoppy30; 07-15-2019 at 02:01 PM..
WelshPoppy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:02 PM   #24
Melli

I just can't imagine Dirk to use any social media platformsÖ ever. It's just not his world. Does he still have his flip phone?

On a site note: I sometimes wonder how he'd be if he was born in the 70s or 80s and grew up with all the technology we have today. Would he still not be interested in it? Is it a matter of a certain mind set, or of where you grew up? My parents on the other hand are about his age and they have sucked up every technology that came up with great curiosity, which influenced their two kids who are now die hard nerds. I think it's interesting how people of the same generation can develop so differently when it comes to the digital world.

Sorry for my slightly off-topic lapse, I sometimes get philosophic and come up with the weirdest questions (which usually don't have an answer).

~Jim Harrison
Old 07-15-2019, 11:30 PM   #25
KeiraH83

Quote:
Forgot to say about that Instagram person he talks to you for so long and then he appears to deactivate his account or block you and then after a set period if find he comes back on

I try very carefully to catch him out, itís like when I asked had any anything exciting happen lately he didnít say about Roland getting married

Sorry Iím ranting on
I never see these things however I am not searching for dirk on social media. I do see his ex wife Toni is on Social Media and She posts regular. She has posted lots of the wedding and after the wedding.
And dirk has a flip phone? I can't imagine you could get apps for social media on a flip phone.

Tags
facebook