LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Macrobiotics > Recipes

Recipes If you have a great macrobiotic recipe you would like to share or are looking for new ideas to spice up your meal plan share them here.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:23 PM   #26
ostarella
Have a Wonder-Full Life

I was looking for "cheap" fish and Tilapia and Cod were mentioned a lot, so I'm glad they're safe :lol: I even thought about doing some fishing myself but hesitated on two counts. One, I haven't since I was a kid with my dad (so I've forgotten half of what he taught me, plus he did all the "yucky" stuff for me :roll: ) and two, about the only thing to catch in the local creeks and rivers are crappie and bullhead. I could go over to the Mississippi, but that's as bad as ocean fish as far as contaminants any more.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:41 PM   #27
Ingra

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedview
On August 15th, I will be celebrating 27 years as a single parent without any help from anyone - male or female. The guys say that I'm too independent as I have learned how to do some plumbing, carpentry, etc. as we can't afford to hire anyone. But through it all, my daughters and I still long for the sticks / country. Organic gardening is a hobby, but also help immensely with the non-existent budget. Even the girls know how to can produce and help me stock the pantry with store-bought items from time to time. All of this gets me into trouble with the women. I'm so happy that I can get such amazing help from this group of individuals.
Bravo Karen,
Congratulations. I admire your confidence in being a woman and independent, (i dont believe you can be "too independent ":wink: ). You should take pride in yourself and what you have done raising those girls, you have taught them how to fend for themselves and have given them the experience of knowing how to do things on their own and not have fear or depend on anyone else but themselves. Its great to have that experience and the courage. God Bless!!!

Ingra
Old 02-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #28
moonlustere

Default Re: Salmon dishes.

For anyone concerned about fish and toxin levels, there is a handy guide here that is updated consistently. If you peruse the site you are even able to go region by region for food safety. I catch my own fish when needed. https://www.seafoodwatch.org/
moonlustere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:03 PM   #29
ojai22

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlustere View Post
For anyone concerned about fish and toxin levels, there is a handy guide here that is updated consistently. If you peruse the site you are even able to go region by region for food safety. I catch my own fish when needed. https://www.seafoodwatch.org/

Thanks, moonlustere, and welcome! The site looks very helpful and one to bookmark. I added fish to my vegan diet as I felt I needed more protein, and more yang, than I was getting. A can of tuna almost killed me with the mercury content so I was very cautious for a year while I looked over the internet for a company I felt I could trust. Finally settled on Vital Choice and it was a good choice. Their Salmon sausages are always in my freezer and some cans in the cupboard.

vitalchoice.com

ojai22
Old 03-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #30
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlustere View Post
I really like that you can download a guide specific to the state you live in. Thanks, moonlustere!!

Here's another good resource for supermarket shopping for newbies like me:

https://www.cookinglight.com/eating-s...-buy-best-fish

And for salmon:

https://www.epicurious.com/ingredient...-store-article

Last night's dinner was grilled salmon with long-grain brown rice & boiled carrots. Mmmmm...
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #31
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Last night's dinner was grilled salmon with long-grain brown rice & boiled carrots. Mmmmm...
That sounds too delicious to pass up. I bet I can be there in three days. Who needs work anyway!

Just kidding.

It does sound really delicious and I hope you enjoyed.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:02 AM   #32
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Yummie. Sounds delicious indeed. If you're willing to share the recipe, I would really appreciate that Remember, I shared the juice one with you too
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:02 AM   #33
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
Yummie. Sounds delicious indeed. If you're willing to share the recipe, I would really appreciate that Remember, I shared the juice one with you too
Yeah, but did you share the juice?
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:40 AM   #34
Flygirl
Erin

LOL... That's right; the juice must be shared!!! BTW, I'll be out of town for a while, but you are all welcome to visit on the 22nd for scotch and cigar night. We will drink a toast to Dirk.

Unless of course he decides to join us. Then we'll still drink a toast to Dirk.
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #35
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Yeah, but did you share the juice?
Uhm .... nope. But I did share a pic with you guys
I'd be very happy to cook some for you when you come visit.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #36
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
LOL... That's right; the juice must be shared!!! BTW, I'll be out of town for a while, but you are all welcome to visit on the 22nd for scotch and cigar night. We will drink a toast to Dirk.

Unless of course he decides to join us. Then we'll still drink a toast to Dirk.
It simply must be shared
Enjoy your out of town stay !!! I'll be with you in spirit on the 22nd and toast with you.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:24 AM   #37
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Quote:
I really like that you can download a guide specific to the state you live in. Thanks, moonlustere!!

Here's another good resource for supermarket shopping for newbies like me:

https://www.cookinglight.com/eating-s...-buy-best-fish

And for salmon:

https://www.epicurious.com/ingredient...-store-article

Thank you for this site. I love salmon but have not had much since the macro books I read say that it's to be rarely eaten. Also, I downloaded the fish watch app to my phone and do like what it can do. This is an extremely helpful thread especially right now for me. Thanks so much.
Michele Ann is offline   Reply With Quote