LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Macrobiotics > Recipes

Recipes If you have a great macrobiotic recipe you would like to share or are looking for new ideas to spice up your meal plan share them here.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
DonnaRedRockMom

Default New Ideas & Recipies

TOLD YA IT WAS A GREAT SECTION.... :wink:

Here is the great smoothie recipe:

1/2 block "Silken" tofu
fresh fruit of your choice ( I like strawberrys & bananas)
Vanilla "Rice Dream" milk (fill contairner about 1/2 full after adding other ingreduebts)
ice cubes (about 1-1/2 cups)
you can add 1/2 can frozen orange juice concentrate (just scoop it out)
Blend and serve (makes 2 large or 3 med sized drinks)
Old 08-31-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
Denise Ross

Default macrobiotic recipes

One of the best cookbooks for macrobiotic cooking I have found is the Hip Chick's guide to Macrobiotics by Jessica Porter. It is an updated version of the lifestyle. I have many books by Michio and Aveline Kuchi and in fact Michio wrote the forward in this book. Dirk's book Kamikaze Cowboy is mentioned in the bibliography. This version is easier to follow and the author makes it fun. " Macro" means large and "bio" means life. The hardest part of the lifestyle I found is getting others to stop trying to convince you that what you are doing is wrong or not " normal " whatever that is. The same people usually have a lot of aches and pains or discomfort. I have not needed to go to the doctor in a long time ( I will go if needed ) I have been told I look younger than my age. My skin is clear as well as my eyes and I have an overall calmness and free spirit. Not everyone follows the diet exactly which is fine. Look at Dirk he smokes and drinks. But, that is what works for him. I personally eat transitional foods because this is what works for me. Stay active, chew your food, and have fun.

Another good book to read is Sugar Blues by William Dufty ( Gloria Swanson's husband)
Old 09-02-2006, 04:56 PM   #3
Tracy

For the most part I don't use recipe books ( although Aveline Kushi's cookbook is a great inspiration to travel forward from ), but I do it for a living so that demands that I be "creative".
So I let my imagination run amok

Rice. For me, it's the perfect food. It's a blank canvass that you can do anything with. Add anything to. Eat anytime of the day. You can cook it in water, broth, add veggies, eat naked, add soy sauce, plum sauce, ANY sauce and go crazy. Eating it from a wooden bowl on a cold winter's morning is wonderful. Makes you feel all warm and serene.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
DonnaRedRockMom

Tracy Wrote:
Quote:
So I let my imagination run amok

Rice. For me, it's the perfect food. It's a blank canvass that you can do anything with. Add anything to. Eat anytime of the day. You can cook it in water, broth, add veggies, eat naked, add soy sauce, plum sauce, ANY sauce and go crazy. Eating it from a wooden bowl on a cold winter's morning is wonderful. Makes you feel all warm and serene.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! this is what I am talking about!!!!! GET CREATIVE.....EXPLORE!!!!

....for some they feel it must be spelled out in a recipe to cook,.....I have been having "cooking" classes at my house for the many college students here (we live 2 block away from the school & 3 of my 4 kids attend)

....many of them are afraid to just cook......

we have been eating the most amazing foods lately and none of it apprears in a "real" recipe...they are using just imagination and the freedom to experiment

.....most start with rice....and all end with "that was great" or "next time I will try......"

a new favorite around here.....after returning from the weekly trip the the farmer's market we spend a few minutes cutting up all the different colors of peppers and onions and put this diced mix into a huge zip-lock back

....now when you need to add the mix to your cooking it is ready to just reach in and add

.....we are eating way more fresh vegggies because the are already cut up

....remember to only cut up as much as you think you can use in a few days.....very handy and even the pickiest of eaters around here is adding things they would not of added because it is already prepared......

we find when fruits and veggies are ready to go, especially with college students, they will eat more....this works for the never ending fresh friut smoothies to the ramen noodles creations.....it is the little extras that not only add more flavor but it adds more nutrition as well.....

we live in a "fast food" society and we want intsant....this does not mean you have to igmore healthy eating to be fast

COOK.....COOK.....CHEW....CHEW....LIVE...LIVE....L IVE!!!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #5
Denise Ross

Default recipes

The cookbook suggestion was for people who want to get started but are unsure how. The most fun about cooking is the experimentation, you can use the basics in a recipe and than expand it from there.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #6
Denise Ross

Default recipes

The cookbook suggestion was for people who want to get started but are unsure how. The most fun about cooking is the experimentation, you can use the basics in a recipe and than expand it from there.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:42 AM   #7
Denise Ross

Default recipes

Old 09-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #8
Denise Ross

Default oops

Sorry about the duplicates my computer is having issues.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #9
DonnaRedRockMom

I loved the cookbook suggestion

......as a mater of fact all suggestions are of great help here

....it is when we are willling to share the experiences that we all grow

......so everyone come on and share all you have found

Enjoy the journey
Old 03-06-2007, 01:16 PM   #10
jewels

Some online recipes (no I haven't tested them, just was looking for info on the store and they had a whole macro section in their recipe area.
https://www.georgetownmarket.com/comm...S5L0M76N66BP1D
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote