LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Parts, Roles, Performances > The A-Team > On The Jazz

On The Jazz A-Team news, episode discussions and other A-Team characters who are "on the jazz" with the guys.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Default The A-team's businesses

So, I was watching A-team and was wondering what businesses they are part owners of. They have an interest in the Lone Star Cab and they set up the Chinese guy with a restaurant in "the Maltese Cow". What other business interests do you remember?
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:03 AM   #2
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Default Re: The A-team's businesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
So, I was watching A-team and was wondering what businesses they are part owners of. They have an interest in the Lone Star Cab and they set up the Chinese guy with a restaurant in "the Maltese Cow". What other business interests do you remember?
They really liked Chinese restaurants, because if I'm not mistaking there's this second restaurant (owner and his daughter). The place was demolished at one time by the Chinese tong. I can't remember the name of the episode right now. They also have some interests in a diamond mine.
These are the first things I thought of when I read this new thread, VBS. Maybe I'll come up with some more ...
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:51 PM   #3
Vballspieler
Dirkette

I am working on a short story for another thread, but i need some help. Please weigh in as to the following questions:

1. What kind of legal arrangement do you think Face had with these business interests? Do you think he conducted business for the Ateam as a partnership? (one bank account to get paid with and to withdraw money to pay their expenses for each job.)
or do you think he kept everything separate so that they each cleared "x" amount instead of the team clearing "X" amount?

(example: the joint bank account for the Dirkette's to pay travel expenses for each summit or do we finance our own travel based on what is left in our personal account?)

so, the choices are:
partnership
individually (sole proprietorship for each)
corporation

2. What kind of benefits do you think he invested in? I know that 401(k) was mentioned. Do you think he also had health/medical insurance, for instance?

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to find out what you think....
Old 11-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #4
InACupFool

Fun question. Let's see...

They were partners in the Lone Star cab co. and the Chinese restaurant. I think those were the only two they actually had partial ownership in.

There were businesses that they took a profit from in lieu of payment until their fees were paid. The diamond mine, the hotel in Florida, the ruins in South America, the soda factory...

Then there were the business ventures that led to cases: Face's boxer, the movie company (Where is the Monster When you Need Him), they bought the homeless shelter in Road to Hope, the house in There Goes the Neighborhood, the music business in Cowboy George.

THEN (lol) there were the ones they kind of maybe owned or a combo of the above options. the restaurant/inn in Water, Water Everywhere, BA's mom's building, the homeless shelter, the shipwreck treasures.

In retrospect, they actually never made any money ever.

Quote:
InACupFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by InACupFool View Post
Fun question. Let's see...

They were partners in the Lone Star cab co. and the Chinese restaurant. I think those were the only two they actually had partial ownership in.

There were businesses that they took a profit from in lieu of payment until their fees were paid. The diamond mine, the hotel in Florida, the ruins in South America, the soda factory...

Then there were the business ventures that led to cases: Face's boxer, the movie company (Where is the Monster When you Need Him), they bought the homeless shelter in Road to Hope, the house in There Goes the Neighborhood, the music business in Cowboy George.

THEN (lol) there were the ones they kind of maybe owned or a combo of the above options. the restaurant/inn in Water, Water Everywhere, BA's mom's building, the homeless shelter, the shipwreck treasures.

In retrospect, they actually never made any money ever.
Or so we were led to believe. ..... however, Face bought at least two cars. I would say fancy apartments, but we know he scammed those, along with supplies for the Chinese restaurant.

Hmmm. You gave me some food for thought. Thanks!!!!
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Old 11-02-2017, 05:41 PM   #6
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Quote:
Or so we were led to believe. ..... however, Face bought at least two cars. I would say fancy apartments, but we know he scammed those, along with supplies for the Chinese restaurant.

Hmmm. You gave me some food for thought. Thanks!!!!
Not to mention his expensive taste in clothes (and I think he did buy those). And didn't he have some money in his will that would go to the orphanage in case he died (episode when he had to marry the client)?
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:36 AM   #7
InACupFool

I would guess they definitely had investments from the few times they did get paid and Face invested very well and then scammed anything else he wanted/needed. There were also 10 years worth of jobs before we saw anything in the show. I just think they usually ended up doing more charity than muscle-for-hire work.

I can't wait to see what you come up with, VBS!
InACupFool is offline   Reply With Quote