LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Macrobiotics > Recipes

Recipes If you have a great macrobiotic recipe you would like to share or are looking for new ideas to spice up your meal plan share them here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #1
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Southern U.S.
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 37
Default Barley Tea in my Future

Recently, I was talking with my dad about beverages and how there are so few I can comfortably drink because of my stomach issues. He mentioned a tea he'd had periodically when he visited the house of some friends from Korea - a barley tea made from roasted barley. He said it was mild, naturally caffeine-free, and good for the digestion. Tonight I persuaded him to order some online, and we have a 52-teabag box coming in the mail now, so that should keep us for a little while. Just curious if anyone else has tried barley tea or has any thoughts on it? Of course, I'll probably post an update once the tea arrives and I have an opinion to offer.
__________________
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:47 AM   #2
Michele Ann
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Brockton, Massachusetts
Posts: 328
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Sounds good, LD14. Good luck to your poor tummy. I hope it helps. I use my essential oils for stomach upset and any...um... you know... intestinal distress. Ahem... in any case, have you tried fennel tea for your stomach? A weak tea of fennel may give relief to you when you're having tummy trouble. I actually have the essential oil and I put a drop in my bottle of water (16.9 oz). Works very well.
Michele Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #3
Flygirl
Erin
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 1,403
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Recently, I was talking with my dad about beverages and how there are so few I can comfortably drink because of my stomach issues. He mentioned a tea he'd had periodically when he visited the house of some friends from Korea - a barley tea made from roasted barley. He said it was mild, naturally caffeine-free, and good for the digestion. Tonight I persuaded him to order some online, and we have a 52-teabag box coming in the mail now, so that should keep us for a little while. Just curious if anyone else has tried barley tea or has any thoughts on it? Of course, I'll probably post an update once the tea arrives and I have an opinion to offer.
Let us know how you like it, LD! I wouldn't mind trying it. After all, I like barley in my soup, and in my beer...
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #4
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,778
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

I kind of like to know too. Have no experience with this sort of tea. I do know what it's like to have a sensitive tummy
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #5
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Southern U.S.
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 37
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele Ann View Post
Sounds good, LD14. Good luck to your poor tummy. I hope it helps. I use my essential oils for stomach upset and any...um... you know... intestinal distress. Ahem... in any case, have you tried fennel tea for your stomach? A weak tea of fennel may give relief to you when you're having tummy trouble. I actually have the essential oil and I put a drop in my bottle of water (16.9 oz). Works very well.
No, I haven't tried fennel, but it sounds like I should. I'll keep that in mind. And I will keep you all updated on what we think of the tea.
__________________
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:46 PM   #6
Vballspieler
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,294
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Let us know how you like it, LD! I wouldn't mind trying it. After all, I like barley in my soup, and in my beer...
It's the barley in the beer you like, huh? Not a big hops person, are you?
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #7
Michele Ann
Dirkette
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Brockton, Massachusetts
Posts: 328
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
Let us know how you like it, LD! I wouldn't mind trying it. After all, I like barley in my soup, and in my beer...
Are you sure you just don't like the beer itself?
Michele Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:57 PM   #8
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Southern U.S.
Posts: 1,086
Blog Entries: 37
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Barley tea arrived yesterday and is good. It has a strong, nutty flavor that reminds me of coffee, which is nice since I can't drink coffee and it's hard to find other potent hot drinks. If you steep it too much it tastes somewhat bitter, but that's easily fixed by adding a little water and/or honey. Apparently people drink it hot or cold, so I tried both and think either one works. The brand we got is authentic Korean, and the teabags are large enough to make two or three cups of tea each. This gets my upvote so far.
__________________
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:36 PM   #9
Flygirl
Erin
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 1,403
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Barley tea arrived yesterday and is good. It has a strong, nutty flavor that reminds me of coffee, which is nice since I can't drink coffee and it's hard to find other potent hot drinks. If you steep it too much it tastes somewhat bitter, but that's easily fixed by adding a little water and/or honey. Apparently people drink it hot or cold, so I tried both and think either one works. The brand we got is authentic Korean, and the teabags are large enough to make two or three cups of tea each. This gets my upvote so far.
That sounds *really* good! I find a lot of the organic teas too weak. That's why my favorite is the dandelion root tea (covered and steeped) I'm going to try this one. Thanks!!

...Yes, it is the beer itself I like. It's all goodness. Lol
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:59 AM   #10
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,778
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Barley tea arrived yesterday and is good. It has a strong, nutty flavor that reminds me of coffee, which is nice since I can't drink coffee and it's hard to find other potent hot drinks. If you steep it too much it tastes somewhat bitter, but that's easily fixed by adding a little water and/or honey. Apparently people drink it hot or cold, so I tried both and think either one works. The brand we got is authentic Korean, and the teabags are large enough to make two or three cups of tea each. This gets my upvote so far.
Sounds good. If I can find it, I would surely try it.
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #11
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,778
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
That's why my favorite is the dandelion root tea (covered and steeped)
I know you mentioned this was a good one and so I've tried it too and I really like it
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:24 PM   #12
Flygirl
Erin
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 1,403
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
I know you mentioned this was a good one and so I've tried it too and I really like it
It's the best!!! I think I've said this before, but it pairs very well with a PB and rice cake.
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:05 AM   #13
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,778
Default Re: Barley Tea in my Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngirl5 View Post
It's the best!!! I think I've said this before, but it pairs very well with a PB and rice cake.
You did
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Contact Us - Dirk Benedict Central - Archive - Top
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:23 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

©2007-2020 DirkBenedictCentral.com
Webmaster- John Pickard