LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #26
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Default Re: Myers-Briggs and the Dirkettes

Nicely done!!!

And speaking of profiles, I love the viper pilot profile pic.
Launch when ready

Awesome!!!!!
Michele Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:01 AM   #27
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Once again: very nice
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #28
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Aaaaand, by virtue of an unintentional 2-hour nap, I have once again thrown off my sleep schedule and am awake past 10 pm! So while my laundry percolates, it seems like a good time to perform the last-but-not-least Dirkette psychoanalysis of...

*drumroll*

LittleMonkeyDog! Who is, in fact, an INFP!

Are you psyched yet? I'm kinda psyched. Can you tell?

Ahem. Moving on... (applies poker face, stretches, does the hokey-pokey and turns herself around) ...here we go!

(LMD is a closet goofball too, so I know she won't mind me monkeying - haha - around )

So, INFP:
  • Introverted - gains energy from being alone
  • iNtuition - focused on concepts
  • Feeling - focused on the meaning of things
  • Perceiving - keeps options open, responds as things come up

Cognitive Functions:

- Introverted Feeling (Fi) reads other people by putting self in their shoes; derives morals from within; less comfortable sharing feelings.

LittleMonkeyDog is a free-thinking person. She knows what she believes to be true and is not afraid to think differently than the people around her.
However, this causes internal tension because while she wants to be true to herself, she also hates creating bad feelings, disappointing people, or making enemies. She is a good listener and understands people and what they're feeling. She doesn't always express frustration out loud, and when she does it may be hidden in sarcasm. She can be a little shy with strangers, but once she gets to know you, her caring personality and mischievous sense of humor clearly show. She is a very sensitive person and feels both positive and negative emotions strongly.

- Extroverted Intuition (Ne) has a possibilities focus; sees all the options and their most likely outcomes.

LMD enjoys getting caught up in a good story, whether it be in a book, movie, or TV show. She greatly enjoys both reading and writing fanfiction for her favorite characters. When she encountered major problems with those in her workplace and ended up having to leave, she created her own business instead. She also keeps busy with a variety of other activities, like doing workshops at a children's museum and learning Italian.

- Introverted Sensing (Si) evaluates the world by comparing present experiences to past experiences; often nostalgic, sometimes traditional.

When LMD started her business, she decided to work in an area she already knew well from her previous job. She periodically refers to her past to explain where she is today. She enjoys certain things even more because of the positive nostalgia they evoke - for example, her long-standing love for the A-Team and Battlestar Galactica is partially based in her introduction to them as a young Padawan (oops, wrong sci-fi universe).

- Extroverted Thinking (Te) tries to bring order and logic to the external world; puts understanding into action; more vocal with thought process.

LMD is a generally organized person who enjoys bringing order to her household and taking care of her family. She cooks wholesome meals for them and helps her kids with homework and other things as needed. She will stand up for people who are being mistreated and will step in to encourage those who need it.

Fun fact: LittleMonkeyDog is the same personality type as Dirk, who is also an INFP.

Well, there ya have it, folks! Hope y'all have enjoyed this excursion into psychology-land. I am losing my ability to type and spell, so I think that's my cue to head to sleepy-land. Catch you on the flip side!

*Myers-Briggs and the Dirkettes theme music plays in the distance*
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #29
Flygirl
Erin

These were just great. I really enjoy reading these, even for the movie characters... and it was so much cooler to read the profiles of our actual, real-life friends! Okay, well, virtual-life friends.

Terrific job LD!!!
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #30
Flygirl
Erin

Oh and for some reason, the Monkees theme song is now playing in my head... "Hey hey, we're the Dirkettes..."
Old 05-21-2017, 02:48 AM   #31
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Well done, LD14.

Extremely fun and insightful. You do have a talent for these analyses.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:05 AM   #32
LittleMonkeyDog

This was SO very good! I enjoyed reading your psycho-analysis very very much. Thanks so much! You are indeed very talented

Oh and ... I don't mind you monkeying around

Last edited by LittleMonkeyDog; 05-21-2017 at 04:09 AM..
Old 05-21-2017, 05:24 AM   #33
Vballspieler
Dirkette

I agree. This was very nice. And now, LMD, you have something to share with Dirk. Very nice.
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:27 PM   #34
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
I agree. This was very nice. And now, LMD, you have something to share with Dirk. Very nice.
Yes, I do
Old 09-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #35
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Ever since we discussed the Myers Briggs personality types, I get Facebook posts about how different personalities respond to different topics. It's great. Those of you who read my Facebook page usually like. Mine seem pretty accurate. If you read the paragraph for your personality type, is it also pretty accurate?
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Old 09-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #36
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
Ever since we discussed the Myers Briggs personality types, I get Facebook posts about how different personalities respond to different topics. It's great. Those of you who read my Facebook page usually like. Mine seem pretty accurate. If you read the paragraph for your personality type, is it also pretty accurate?
Usually, yes. The latest article you shared about "What Your Silly Side is Like" was quite true. Allow me to share...

https://personalitygrowth.com/what-yo...sonality-type/

"INFPs have a rather unique sense of humor, one that is heavily filled with silliness. They enjoy being able to be themselves, and will often not be afraid to show their goofy side. They enjoy being around people who allow them to be themselves, and will be very capable of making those people smile. Their silly side can often be rather absurd, and sometimes too out there for others to appreciate."

My humor is ridiculous, so it's only recently that I've gotten comfortable with being my goofball self around people I don't know. My brother is an INTJ and only understands very deliberate humor, like sarcasm and associations, so whenever I would make off-the-wall statements at the dinner table, he didn't understand that I was being funny and just thought I was a moron. Normally, I use humor to help me relate to people because it makes up for/disguises how uncomfortable I am with making conversation. But I also use it to keep myself entertained. Life is a lot more doable when you make jokes in your head about what's going on around you. Just make sure no one sees you snickering at the blank wall in front of you.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene

Last edited by Ludlum'sDaughter14; 09-22-2017 at 04:03 PM..
Old 09-23-2017, 07:16 AM   #37
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Usually, yes. The latest article you shared about "What Your Silly Side is Like" was quite true. Allow me to share...

https://personalitygrowth.com/what-yo...sonality-type/

"INFPs have a rather unique sense of humor, one that is heavily filled with silliness. They enjoy being able to be themselves, and will often not be afraid to show their goofy side. They enjoy being around people who allow them to be themselves, and will be very capable of making those people smile. Their silly side can often be rather absurd, and sometimes too out there for others to appreciate."

My humor is ridiculous, so it's only recently that I've gotten comfortable with being my goofball self around people I don't know. My brother is an INTJ and only understands very deliberate humor, like sarcasm and associations, so whenever I would make off-the-wall statements at the dinner table, he didn't understand that I was being funny and just thought I was a moron. Normally, I use humor to help me relate to people because it makes up for/disguises how uncomfortable I am with making conversation. But I also use it to keep myself entertained. Life is a lot more doable when you make jokes in your head about what's going on around you. Just make sure no one sees you snickering at the blank wall in front of you.
Ah yes. I just love being silly and being able to show my goofy side. And yes ... some people just don't get my humor Even my fellow housemates don't always get it.

Humor does help a lot when interacting with people and especially if you don't feel too comfortable. It also helps me to deal with difficult/tough/unpleasant situations. I love being a silly goose a whole lot
Old 10-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #38
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Just found this awesome article by my favorite MBTI expert, Heidi Priebe on the most lovable thing about each MBTI type. I want to see if you guys think these descriptions are accurate for your types, so I'm just including the ones we fit with our usernames next to them. To read the other descriptions, you can follow the link to the article. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. You guys are all really lovable.

https://observer.com/2017/10/most-lov...sonality-type/

The Most Lovable Thing About Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type
By Heidi Priebe • 10/02/17 7:00am

We all have unique strengths, weaknesses and challenges. There are parts of us that drive others crazy and other parts that draw people in. It’s easy to pinpoint which qualities we love about the people in our lives, but it’s a little trickier to point out which qualities our loved ones appreciate in us.

While each Myers-Briggs personality type comes equipped with its own set of challenges and struggles, each type also comes with its own set of natural strengths and virtues—ones that other types are often secretly in awe of. Here are the unassuming traits that make each Myers-Briggs personality type so damn lovable.

INFJ (flyngirl5)

The careful thought they give each passing question. The whirring, reeling look inside their eye. The raw and childlike energy they exude when the people who they love are truly thriving. The way they let their weirdness out in bursts. The measured nature with which they plan the future. The hurried nature in which they share their thoughts. The way their eyes light up when they’re engaging with their passion. The even, tempered consideration they give to each new perspective that comes their way.

INFP (LittleMonkeyDog, Ludlum'sDaughter14)

The honesty they bring to each encounter. The soft and calming presence of their minds. The virtues they can pull from any vices, and the artwork they can make from any pain. The fierceness they apply to their convictions. The way they live and die by their beliefs. Their ability to weave the chaos and the suffering of humanity into an intricate tapestry of understanding. The shame they alleviate through sharing their own.

ISFJ (Vballspieler)

The way that they sit with you in silence. Their vastness of their compassion. The tiny details they take in and remember. The space they make for others to shine. The practicality they exercise through bad times, and the humility they exercise in good. The way they live their lives with both feet on the ground. The care and love they pour into every new place until they turn it into a home.

ESFJ (Michele Ann)

The way they love so loudly. The commitments that they’re happy to keep. The way their stress is centered on happiness and the fear that someone else will miss out. The thoughtfulness they put into every action. The joy and warmth they bring to every room. The way they’re never afraid to break a silence when it needs to be broken. The proactive attitude they take toward making the world a better, more harmonious place.
- Brian Greene
Old 10-02-2017, 06:32 PM   #39
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Wow, LD. I can picture each person's face in my mind as I read their respective personality descriptions. Very impressive, this author.

Thank you for posting this.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #40
Flygirl
Erin

WHOA!!! Eerily accurate.

Yes, you are all very lovable!!! xoxoxo
Old 10-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #41
LittleMonkeyDog

Very accurate.
And I agree with FG: you're all very very lovable
Old 10-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #42
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Lovable AF. Oops, wine.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:01 PM   #43
Flygirl
Erin

Old 10-04-2017, 10:10 PM   #44
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Love this chart!

Until I got into college, I was a prep wanna-be. Then I discovered nerddom with a hint of goth was where my true calling lay...

In other words, mine is pretty accurate. The other types seem to be too.
- Brian Greene
Old 10-05-2017, 12:53 AM   #45
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Thanks FG.

I found this on Facebook and thought it fit.

Half-way between preppy and nerdy. Lovely!!
"If you don't know what to do, do nothing. If you don't know what to eat, eat nothing." My favorite quote. If only I can get this in writing. To be fair, the discussion that preceded the quote was about not settling because you don't like your choices. You should find a good choice for you.

"Anybody who goes to bed the same day they got up is a quitter."
Old 10-05-2017, 10:00 AM   #46
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Love this chart!

Until I got into college, I was a prep wanna-be. Then I discovered nerddom with a hint of goth was where my true calling lay...

In other words, mine is pretty accurate. The other types seem to be too.
I'm following in your footsteps
Old 10-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #47
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

Ooh oh ooooh! do me, do me. I'm an ENFP-A
Veteran's Day new
General fiction (80s era):
Hold Your Horses
Nance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:34 AM   #48
Nance
I'm nuts AND bolts

Oh and I have an almost 50/50 split between thinking and feeling.
Veteran's Day new
General fiction (80s era):
Hold Your Horses
Nance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #49
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance View Post
Ooh oh ooooh! do me, do me. I'm an ENFP-A
I'll try to come up with something.
- Brian Greene
Old 11-17-2017, 10:46 PM   #50
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

It's been a long road, gettin' from there to here (thank you Rod Stewart/Russell Watson), but at long last I can make good on my promise to do an analysis of one real dynamo Dirkette, our very own Nance!

Nance is an ENFP:
  • Extroverted - gains energy from being around people
  • iNtuition - focused on concepts
  • Feeling - focused on the meaning of things
  • Perceiving - keeps options open, responds as things come up

Cognitive Functions:

- Extroverted Intuition (Ne) has a possibilities focus; sees all the options and their most likely outcomes.

Nance is the definition of creative. She enjoys multiple hobbies and pursuits, including graphic design, singing, archery, interior design, and writing fan fiction. She is good at generating ideas and getting projects off the ground, with a natural sense of how to coordinate a group of people to accomplish what's needed. Her ability to see multiple possibilities helps her problem-solve; however, it also gives her a need to keep her options open in case something better comes up. Commitment to a situation or course of action may make her feel like she's losing freedom, so she prefers to focus on different pastimes as the mood strikes her.

- Introverted Feeling (Fi) reads other people by putting self in their shoes; derives morals from within; less comfortable sharing feelings.

Nance has a fundamental understanding of other people because she understands herself and is in touch with her own emotions. She is an independent spirit, and she holds fast to what she believes and how she sees reality, tactfully disagreeing with others if necessary. Although she is very friendly and an extrovert, she has a private side to her, and she doesn't like to talk about her deep feelings unless they're strongly affecting her at the time. She uses her emotions to empathize with other people, which shows up in her friendships and the realistic characters in her writing.

- Extroverted Thinking (Te) tries to bring order and logic to the external world; puts understanding into action; more vocal with thought process.

Nance is an organized person who can evaluate what makes sense and what doesn't. Her sense of humor enjoys playing with absurd ideas and pushing the borders of propriety, but this is precisely because she can stay grounded. Although she likes the freedom of not being in charge, when she wants to lead, it comes naturally to her.

- Introverted Sensing (Si) evaluates the world by comparing present experiences to past experiences; often nostalgic, sometimes traditional.

Nance has a love for things that are traditional. In her designs and clothing she likes things that hearken back to vintage roots, sometimes with a twist. Her passion for archery includes the long history of the sport. She also enjoys keeping track of family trees and ancestry.

There you have it. Nance is a pretty awesome person. And since I included essays from the article on "The Most Lovable Thing About Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type" for the other Dirkettes, I'll include Nance's below:

ENFP

The thoughtfulness they bring to each encounter. The depths their minds dive into with ease. The way their eyes light up when they’re discussing a new theory that excites them. Their interest in debating every side. Their boundless compassion. Their timeless joie-de-vivre. The way they can pull strength out of the greatest destruction. The way they see the best in themselves and others. The way they never stop fighting to help it prevail.

Nance, although this was long overdue, I hope you enjoyed it.
- Brian Greene