LEGEND SOCCER COMPANY
Do you like soccer (or, as the rest of the world calls it, football)? Dirk does in a big way, and it has become a family affair.

Dirk's son Roland and 2 friends have started Legend Soccer Company,  developing innovative, sustainable soccer gear (and only soccer gear). Learn about Legend Soccer Company at the link above. Dirk not only endorses Legend Soccer, he's involved with it - "and not only because Roland is my son."

Blogs Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Dirk's Works > Dirk Benedict: The Man, the Myth, the Legend > Main Discussion Area

Main Discussion Area General chat about Dirk. Off topic general chat welcome in this area.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:10 PM   #1
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

Default Myers-Briggs and the Dirkettes

Tomorrow, a new spin-off series (of posts) begins, by popular request. Over the past few months, I've had the privilege of getting to know some of my fellow Dirkettes very well. Now, some of them have agreed to step into the limelight and let me analyze their MBTI personality types! I will do my best to do my friends justice - for which reason I will also delay the first post until tomorrow, so I can take the time and thought to do it well. Hope you find the following posts both informational and fun.
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Ludlum'sDaughter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #2
Flygirl
Erin

Default Re: Myers-Briggs and the Dirkettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludlum'sDaughter14 View Post
Tomorrow, a new spin-off series (of posts) begins, by popular request. Over the past few months, I've had the privilege of getting to know some of my fellow Dirkettes very well. Now, some of them have agreed to step into the limelight and let me analyze their MBTI personality types! I will do my best to do my friends justice - for which reason I will also delay the first post until tomorrow, so I can take the time and thought to do it well. Hope you find the following posts both informational and fun.
I'm on board with this plan! Sounds like it could be very interesting.
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #3
Michele Ann
Dirkette

You know, I was at this all inclusive networking event and a psych grad said to me, "You don't seem like an analytical chemist."

My response was, "How many do you know?"

That ended the conversation.

I guess the statistical angle was more than she could process.

In any case. I've been told I don't fit too many profiles.
Michele Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
Vballspieler
Dirkette

So, I volunteered to be first. Between being an ISFJ personality and a Libra, I'm not sure how this will turn out. I know that I'm a "defender", a peace-maker who hates conflict; loyal, wants to help, doesn't like to say "no", and likes to make people smile. Boy, am I in the wrong family!

Curious/anxious to see how LD sees me. This may need some liquid courage before reading...
Vballspieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #5
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

You can hold off on the liquid courage, VBS - I would never want to drive you to drink. Besides, you must already have plenty of courage to volunteer to be my first vict-- uh, guest.

For all the rest of you, let me introduce my good friend Vballspieler, who is an ISFJ!
  • Introverted - gains energy from being alone
  • Sensing - focused on experiences
  • Feeling - focused on the meaning of things
  • Judging - makes a plan and follows through

Cognitive Functions:

- Introverted Sensing (Si) evaluates the world by comparing present experiences to past experiences; often nostalgic, sometimes traditional.

Vballspieler is a generally level-headed, practical person. She enjoys working as an accountant - a logical, systematic profession. Off the job, she will use her expertise to help out her friends. As an introvert, she likes to invest deeply in a few friendships at a time, and she is energized by spending a quiet evening with a good movie or by going out to be alone in the country. When selecting entertainment, she prefers to choose movies or shows she's fairly certain she'll enjoy. She values knowledge and is good at teaching others.

- Extroverted Feeling (Fe) experiences other's feelings as their own; receives morals from society/upbringing/whoever they're with; more comfortable sharing feelings.

VBS is good at intuitively understanding other people. She knows what makes them tick and how to make them smile. Her instinct to come to the aid of other people means she is there for people when they need her, but she has to be careful not to let others take advantage of her kindness. She hates conflict and doesn't like making waves. She shares her feelings in an understated way, expressing frustration by being sarcastic or passive-aggressive, and expressing happiness in straightforward, generally calm statements (the amount of excitement felt may have a direct correlation to the amount of emojis used ). Those who know her trust her.

- Introverted Thinking (Ti) makes logical sense of the world internally; creates elaborate mental schematics; hesitant to share thought process until complete.

VBS enjoys problem-solving and mentally planning for future events. However, she prefers not to share her ideas until they have reached a coherent, more-or-less conclusive form. In urgent situations, she will decide what needs to be done and do it without consulting anyone else. She maintains a level head in most situations.

- Extroverted Intuition (Ne) has a possibilities focus; sees all the options and their most likely outcomes.

VBS uses Ne with her Ti in creating mental plans. She has a good imagination and can test different scenarios and their results in her mind. She enjoys reading good fanfiction and is creative in coming up with ideas to make people happy.

Well, hope that wasn't too painful, Vballspieler. Now that you guys know how this is going to work, you can speak now and opt out of a similar highly scientific and technical psychoanalysis, but if not, I'll be seeing you in the following installments of...

*fanfare*

Myers-Briggs and the Dirkettes!
"The tantalizing discomfort of perplexity is what inspires otherwise ordinary men and women to extraordinary feats of ingenuity and creativity; nothing quite focuses the mind like dissonant details awaiting harmonious resolution."
- Brian Greene
Old 05-07-2017, 05:27 PM   #6
Vballspieler
Dirkette

This was great! No liquid courage needed, but I am standing in the country, soaking up the sun and the fresh country aire, enjoying some much needed alone time.

I am usually very quiet until I've had enough and then I will argue until I can get out of the situation and let go of the stress until I can calmly complete my tasks.

And I enjoy reading / learning. Fan-fiction, smut, biographies, software applications.... I am a sponge until my brain hurts. How do you think I go so many degrees? Oh wait, I've haven't told you about all of them yet.... A girls got to have some secrets.

Last edited by Vballspieler; 05-07-2017 at 05:33 PM..
Old 05-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #7
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Awww, that was nice. I like VBspieler. I think she's good people.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:10 PM   #8
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele Ann View Post
Awww, that was nice. I like VBspieler. I think she's good people.
"Good people.". I'll be sure to pass along the compliment to my alias. Lol

Danke. Das war sehr nett.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:46 AM   #9
LittleMonkeyDog
Dirkette - Balance is key

Once again I loved the analysis and I also like the uhm ... victim a whole lot. VBS is a warm, kind-hearted, wonderful person.
Oh and btw I'm still in for some psycho-analysis
LittleMonkeyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #10
Vballspieler
Dirkette

So, who's the next victim?
Old 05-08-2017, 03:50 PM   #11
LittleMonkeyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vballspieler View Post
So, who's the next victim?
That's what I like to know. Does LD need volunteers?
Old 05-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #12
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonkeyDog View Post
That's what I like to know. Does LD need volunteers?
I think you, Michele, and Flyngirl have all agreed. It just depends on what order you get the couch.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:51 PM   #13
Michele Ann
Dirkette

It all started when I was harshly potty trained......

Oh, that's probably too far back and too Freudian and not Jungian. My bad...or maybe I shouldn't be so self critical. It's my super ego acting up.

In any case, Dr. Albert, you may proceed....
Old 05-09-2017, 06:41 AM   #14
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

LOL! Yeah, maybe just a bit too Freudian...

Yes, you three are all in the queue, but as for who goes next - you'll find out soon after I do. But there's a good chance you'll know today.

Is it just me, or am I starting to sound like John?
- Brian Greene
Old 05-09-2017, 08:43 AM   #15
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
Is it just me, or am I starting to sound like John?
Just a bit. Now, add a little more suspense and you got it. The next guest will be here very soon, I'm sure. Definitely before we head off to any conventions. BTW, can you analyze the power ball and give us the winning numbers?

LOL
Old 05-09-2017, 09:05 PM   #16
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

You know what they say about the squeaky wheel... it gathers no moss. Anyway, next up on Myers-Briggs and the Dirkettes is our resident extrovert, Michele Ann! Michele (who was kind enough to take the online test and inform me of her results, thank you very much) is an ESFJ.

• Extroverted - gains energy from people

Cognitive Functions:

- Extroverted Feeling (Fe) experiences other's feelings as their own; receives morals from society/upbringing/whoever they're with; more comfortable sharing feelings.

Michele is a very friendly person and enjoys talking with people. She likes getting to know people who are very different from her, and she can understand them well. She can pick up on other peoples' feelings to the point where she feels empathic. She tries to encourage people when they're going through a hard time. She's not shy about sharing her feelings, laughing at what she finds funny, and saying exactly how she feels about something, positive or negative. When she's stressed, she talks about it to relieve the tension.

- Introverted Sensing (Si) evaluates the world by comparing present experiences to past experiences; often nostalgic, sometimes traditional.

Michele enjoys things that bring back good memories. She is good at coming up with popular movie/TV quotes to fit any occasion. Her favorite movie is Wizard of Oz because she identifies with the lesson it teaches. She collects memorabilia from that and other movies/shows she likes, especially starring a certain actor. She prefers people to follow the basic "rules" of decent and considerate conduct and finds it frustrating when they don't.

- Extroverted Intuition (Ne) has a possibilities focus; sees all the options and their most likely outcomes.

Michele is an artistic personality. She doesn't generally fit stereotypes because she has a unique way of approaching life. She also tends to get anxious when under stress and imagines the worst case scenarios. She's an optimist and can usually find a way to solve a problem, especially if IT is being unhelpful. She also enjoys painting.

- Introverted Thinking (Ti) makes logical sense of the world internally; creates elaborate mental schematics; hesitant to share thought process until complete.

This no doubt comes in handy in Michele's profession as a chemist. She's a natural problem solver, but she talks less about her strategy for dealing with a situation and more about how it's affecting her emotionally. This function and the fact that it's her inferior (i.e., fourth) function means that in the past, people have failed to realize how intelligent she is because she doesn't have a stereotypical "smarty-pants" personality (unlike, say, INTJs or ENTJs, who may regularly remind you that they're intellectuals).

Hope you enjoyed! I know I said I'd get a good night's sleep before writing this, but does it count if I get one afterward? Had to turn off my salsa music to concentrate. I just started listening to salsa music this week for the first time and was not disappointed.

Two down, two to go!

Edit: Ooh, I almost forgot! Fun fact: Monsieur Templeton "Faceman" Peck is also an ESFJ. I'm interested to hear what you think of that.
- Brian Greene

Last edited by Ludlum'sDaughter14; 05-09-2017 at 09:07 PM..
Old 05-09-2017, 09:44 PM   #17
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Quote:
You know what they say about the squeaky wheel... it gathers no moss. Anyway, next up on Myers-Briggs and the Dirkettes is our resident extrovert, Michele Ann! Michele (who was kind enough to take the online test and inform me of her results, thank you very much) is an ESFJ.

• Extroverted - gains energy from people

Two down, two to go!

Edit: Ooh, I almost forgot! Fun fact: Monsieur Templeton "Faceman" Peck is also an ESFJ. I'm interested to hear what you think of that.
She's so lucky. *sigh* some people have all the luck.

Last edited by Vballspieler; 05-09-2017 at 09:57 PM..
Old 05-09-2017, 11:18 PM   #18
LittleMonkeyDog

She is indeed very lucky.
Well ... I like Monsieur Peck a lot and I know I like Michele a whole lot
Once again I loved the review. And I feel very lucky that I've gotten to know all this wonderful people that call themselves the Dirkettes.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:28 AM   #19
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Thank you, Kristina. I really enjoyed that. And, wow, without wine too. Which was really good because I'm reading at work at 7:11am. LOL. I admit I was a little nervous.

Gee, um...not sure what to say except thank you and, yes, that was good and very..dare I say...accurate, not because I don't want to admit how talented and smart you are, Kristina, (because you ahh wicked smahht in my book) but because as close as I could be to someone, sometimes I still like to keep my secrets. Even if it's only a secret to me.

As for Herr Benedict and our shared personality traits, I guess maybe this explains why his books just meant so much to me, on an emotional level too. Like I had said to him in a letter that I could never deliver, so much of what he expressed and intimated on emotional matters struck me to my core. I felt like I had a lot in common with him emotionally and it was just so strange for some reason.

Maybe I will get the chance to tell him this summer. <3

In any case, a job well done, Kristina!!!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #20
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

LOL - I'm glad you liked it and didn't find it too stressful. The accuracy is partly because you told me your type (I would have had a hard time guessing it on my own) and partly because I did "research" by reviewing one of those questionnaires we did. I don't keep a deep and highly specific understanding of you in my head at all times, so fear not: your secrets are still safe.

And apparently, I need to be more clear-cut when I make statements instead of saying it in a silly way on a whim. Vballspieler also found what I said unclear, but I explained myself while we were chatting last night. I didn't mean that you had the same personality type as Dirk, but that you have the same one as Face (Dirk is an INFP, and Face is an ESFJ). That's why I wanted to know whether you would think that was funny or not. But it makes sense that you would have an emotional understanding of what Dirk has written because of commonalities between your types. Both of you lead with a Feeling function, which leads to experiencing very powerful emotions and processing information by the way it "feels." Yours is Extroverted Feeling (Fe), and his is Introverted Feeling (Fi), so you are an extrovert who picks up on people's feelings directly (almost empathically), while he is an introvert who understands people's feelings because he can see in them what he's experienced himself or he can put himself in their shoes. Both of you also have Extroverted Intuition and Introverted Sensing (Ne/Si), just in the opposite order.

Anyway, hope that cleared things up a bit (sorry again for being so ambiguous), and I really hope you do get to tell him in person.
- Brian Greene
Old 05-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #21
Michele Ann
Dirkette

Quote:
LOL - I'm glad you liked it and didn't find it too stressful. The accuracy is partly because you told me your type (I would have had a hard time guessing it on my own) and partly because I did "research" by reviewing one of those questionnaires we did. I don't keep a deep and highly specific understanding of you in my head at all times, so fear not: your secrets are still safe.

And apparently, I need to be more clear-cut when I make statements instead of saying it in a silly way on a whim. Vballspieler also found what I said unclear, but I explained myself while we were chatting last night. I didn't mean that you had the same personality type as Dirk, but that you have the same one as Face (Dirk is an INFP, and Face is an ESFJ). That's why I wanted to know whether you would think that was funny or not. But it makes sense that you would have an emotional understanding of what Dirk has written because of commonalities between your types. Both of you lead with a Feeling function, which leads to experiencing very powerful emotions and processing information by the way it "feels." Yours is Extroverted Feeling (Fe), and his is Introverted Feeling (Fi), so you are an extrovert who picks up on people's feelings directly (almost empathically), while he is an introvert who understands people's feelings because he can see in them what he's experienced himself or he can put himself in their shoes. Both of you also have Extroverted Intuition and Introverted Sensing (Ne/Si), just in the opposite order.

Anyway, hope that cleared things up a bit (sorry again for being so ambiguous), and I really hope you do get to tell him in person.
Oopsie, read that all mixed up. Silly goose ESFJ-XYZLMNOP that I am.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #22
Vballspieler
Dirkette

But Michele, we'll still get you a "face-to-face" conversation. Maybe he will even have his hat.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #23
Ludlum'sDaughter14
Philosopher ain't no job

No, I did not plan the timing of this post way ahead, but it seems convenient to present flyngirl5 with her MBTI analysis on her birthday! Happy birthday!

Flyngirl is an INFJ:
  • iNtuition - focused on concepts

Cognitive Functions:

- Introverted Intuition (Ni) has a one-track focus; looks for the one course of action which is then followed fairly consistently.

Flyngirl is an engineer, so she thrives on problem-solving. She is motivated to succeed in her job and in her life, and she's very focused when working on a task. Once she starts something, she's determined to see it through. As a result, she's been able to make significant long-term lifestyle changes and seen the benefits. She shows great loyalty to the people she cares about. Although she enjoys interacting with people in small amounts, she is very introverted and needs time alone to recharge.

Since this is her top extroverted function, Extroverted Feeling is the side flyngirl shows to the world first. She comes across as friendly and likes getting to know people. She experiences strong emotions and enjoys talking about things that make her excited. She loves spending time with her kids and making sure they are well taken care of and happy. Her empathy towards other people is strong, and she will do whatever she can to make someone's day better. Sometimes complete strangers are attracted to her because of her positive aura.

FG has a comprehensive understanding of reality. She enjoys keeping up with politics and discussing the ins and outs of political stances (sometimes passionately, thank-you Fe ). When there's a job to be done, she finds it easier to do it herself instead of delegating it to others.

- Extroverted Sensing (Se) evaluates the world by focusing on the sensory components of present experiences; lives life in the moment, can be extremely spontaneous.

FG likes to make sure there's always something exciting going on in her life. She spends time being active, whether exercising alone or going Pokemon hunting with her kids. Her attitude is usually spontaneous and cheerful. She's aware of what's going on in her environment and likes beautiful landscapes and relaxing settings. She also has a mischievous sense of humor.

Fun Fact: INFJ is the rarest Myers-Briggs personality type out there! As a result, INFJs are sometimes a bit of a mystery to other types.

Hope you enjoyed, FG! As of now, LMD is the last one on the list for me to type, but if anyone else is interested, just let me know. Happy weekend!
- Brian Greene
Old 05-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #24
Flygirl
Erin

Quote:
No, I did not plan the timing of this post way ahead, but it seems convenient to present flyngirl5 with her MBTI analysis on her birthday! Happy birthday!

Flyngirl is an INFJ:
  • iNtuition - focused on concepts

Cognitive Functions:

- Introverted Intuition (Ni) has a one-track focus; looks for the one course of action which is then followed fairly consistently.

Flyngirl is an engineer, so she thrives on problem-solving. She is motivated to succeed in her job and in her life, and she's very focused when working on a task. Once she starts something, she's determined to see it through. As a result, she's been able to make significant long-term lifestyle changes and seen the benefits. She shows great loyalty to the people she cares about. Although she enjoys interacting with people in small amounts, she is very introverted and needs time alone to recharge.

Since this is her top extroverted function, Extroverted Feeling is the side flyngirl shows to the world first. She comes across as friendly and likes getting to know people. She experiences strong emotions and enjoys talking about things that make her excited. She loves spending time with her kids and making sure they are well taken care of and happy. Her empathy towards other people is strong, and she will do whatever she can to make someone's day better. Sometimes complete strangers are attracted to her because of her positive aura.

FG has a comprehensive understanding of reality. She enjoys keeping up with politics and discussing the ins and outs of political stances (sometimes passionately, thank-you Fe ). When there's a job to be done, she finds it easier to do it herself instead of delegating it to others.

- Extroverted Sensing (Se) evaluates the world by focusing on the sensory components of present experiences; lives life in the moment, can be extremely spontaneous.

FG likes to make sure there's always something exciting going on in her life. She spends time being active, whether exercising alone or going Pokemon hunting with her kids. Her attitude is usually spontaneous and cheerful. She's aware of what's going on in her environment and likes beautiful landscapes and relaxing settings. She also has a mischievous sense of humor.

Fun Fact: INFJ is the rarest Myers-Briggs personality type out there! As a result, INFJs are sometimes a bit of a mystery to other types.

Hope you enjoyed, FG! As of now, LMD is the last one on the list for me to type, but if anyone else is interested, just let me know. Happy weekend!
Ohhhh, yay!!! I LOVE it!!! Thanks! And what an AMAZING birthday present.

Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #25
Vballspieler
Dirkette

Very cool.